Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Member with some simple ?'s

Old 04-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Member with some simple ?'s

I recently purchased a 2004 White, with an automatic, 35K and not a scratch on the car. Beautiful mint condition!!I can't express how happy I am with the machine. I've driven it approximately 2,000 miles now and have some simple questions that I could not find answered in the archives. I purchased it from a small independent car dealer.
  • The passenger seat does not raise & lower like the drivers seat?? Is that broken or only operates on the drivers side?
  • When I start the car a numerber appears for a few seconds in the mileage display then the actual mileage appears. This # increases by incremunts of 100??
  • The traction control light (on the speedo) always stays dimly lit? Brightens when turned off. Should this always be slightly lighted up.
  • I tried Google for GPS instructions for the Infinity radio? No real help there...Not that I care much abut it as I use a Garmin or my cell phone.
Thanks in advance for the help....

Old 04-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New Member with some simple ?'s

Passenger seat does not raise/lower

That is the indicator stating how many miles you are past due for an oil change.

Should not be dimly lit.

Keep using the Garmin. You can find the Navigation User's Manual for download here. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

Last edited by bmorgan; 04-13-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum ,,,congrats on the ride

Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Forum Regular

When I first bought mine I thought it was dimly lit, but realized it was only appearing that way in the sun. At night it should be dark.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Passenger seat does not raise/lower

That is the indicator stating how many miles you are past due for an oil change.

Should not be dimly lit.

Keep using the Garmin. You can find the Navigation User's Manual for download here. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

What he said.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 315er
I recently purchased a 2004 White, with an automatic, 35K and not a scratch on the car. Beautiful mint condition!!I can't express how happy I am with the machine. I've driven it approximately 2,000 miles now and have some simple questions that I could not find answered in the archives. I purchased it from a small independent car dealer.
  • The passenger seat does not raise & lower like the drivers seat?? Is that broken or only operates on the drivers side?
    Driver's Seat is 8-way, Passenger's is 4-way
  • When I start the car a numerber appears for a few seconds in the mileage display then the actual mileage appears. This # increases by incremunts of 100??
    If it appears as "-100" that means you are 100 miles past a service. Either one wrench or two. Once the service is performed search for FSS Reset and it will reset to '7000' and begin counting down in increments of 100 miles.
  • The traction control light (on the speedo) always stays dimly lit? Brightens when turned off. Should this always be slightly lighted up.
    I have found that if your cluster lights are on, i.e. daytime running lights then mine seems to be lit very dim from the ambient light of the other cluster lights.
  • I tried Google for GPS instructions for the Infinity radio? No real help there...Not that I care much abut it as I use a Garmin or my cell phone.
    Instructions to use or set-up? To set-up you will need the two (2) CD set for installing the maps, which has to be inserted everytime the battery is reset unfortunately. If the car did not come with these you may be able to buy them from another member who has replaced their OEM Headunit. As for instructions, check your manual...Then again, I'm with you and I just stick to my Garmin instead of the built in GPS in my SRT6.
Thanks in advance for the help....

Answers in red above...

Welcome to the forum, search for anything and it has more than likely been answered. There are tons of very very knowledgeable people on this forum about every in and out of this car. Happy driving.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Answers in red above...

Welcome to the forum, search for anything and it has more than likely been answered. There are tons of very very knowledgeable people on this forum about every in and out of this car. Happy driving.
What? You didn't like my answers. LOL

Old 04-13-2010, 03:19 PM

Welcome to the forum. It seems that all the above have answered your questions.

I noticed your from Rochester NY how about joining us at a meet in Liverpool and Carlisle PA.

Click on the following links for more info: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...pool-ny-7.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2010-a-15.html

Old 04-13-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Welcome to the forum. It seems that all the above have answered your questions.

I noticed your from Rochester NY how about joining us at a meet in Liverpool and Carlisle PA.

Click on the following links for more info: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...pool-ny-7.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2010-a-15.html
where outside of Rochester are you from. I went to Churchville Chili, now in MN, would have gone there to HS if we hadn't moved, and I have a 2006 white coupe with just turned 21K on the clock today. had her now for 2 years and love it, and hope you do the same. Mark

Old 04-13-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
What? You didn't like my answers. LOL
I like to see a chronology of the banter... Question, Answer, Question, Answer, etc. So between that and me having a sh*t of a day at work it made me feel useful (though we all know I'm not)

Old 04-13-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I like to see a chronology of the banter... Question, Answer, Question, Answer, etc. So between that and me having a sh*t of a day at work it made me feel useful (though we all know I'm not)

And, you were much more verbose and articulate than me as well.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

don't go feeling sorry for yourself....and you are useful....just wait until you visit in May...I'll show how useful you can be....lol

and welcome new member....if you ask, you shall recieve.... maybe more than you want....lol