Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Most commonly replaced parts?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most commonly replaced parts?

I am a relatively new owner of a base model 2004 Crossfire and am wondering what everyone has found themselves needing to replace as their Crossfires age over the years. I understand that most of the Crossfire's parts are sourced only from Chrysler dealers themselves, with hardly any hope of finding bargains online, so replacement parts are rather expensive. I am hoping to find out what kind of money I should be anticipating spending in attempts to maintain my car. Simply, what have you had to replace on your car and how much did it cost?

Thanks to anyone who can offer their experience.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Most commonly replaced parts?

Originally Posted by rampntlion
I am a relatively new owner of a base model 2004 Crossfire and am wondering what everyone has found themselves needing to replace as their Crossfires age over the years. I understand that most of the Crossfire's parts are sourced only from Chrysler dealers themselves, with hardly any hope of finding bargains online, so replacement parts are rather expensive. I am hoping to find out what kind of money I should be anticipating spending in attempts to maintain my car. Simply, what have you had to replace on your car and how much did it cost?

Welcome to the forum, there was no so called base Xfire in 2004, there was only one model, the Crossfire. Later years had the Crossfire Limited and Base roadster and coupe models. The 2004 models had the automatic day/night mirror, all other years had the manual day/night mirrors.
You will find that most of the mechanical and electrical parts can be sourced from Mercedes and/or Bosch. These parts are generally much cheaper than the same part from Chrysler, so look for them first.
I have a 2004 and I have had no problems, I changed the battery and if you have the OEM battery you will be smart to change it as weak batteries cause odd problems on these cars.
You would be well advised to look on this forum for answers before putting yourself in the hands of the local dealer or repair shop, most answers to the cars problems can be found here. Please search for answers before posting a question as most questions have been asked before in some manner and reader the answers is a good way to learn about your car.
There is probably more knowledge stored on this forum than can be found in the best mechanics head and shop manual combined.
The shop manual, in a .PDF format, can be found in the SRT section, download and save it as well as any other files that interest you in that same section.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 PM

My 2004 needed Camshaft sensor ($15 - used from another forum member!), bought a Crankshaft Sensor(as insurance) for $39 from Autohaus, driver's seat heat element doesn't work, just the back heats up (fairly common), oil changes can be expensive, tires are expensive. Four wheel alignment ($105 from Chrysler) rear wheels were way Off spec took mechanic 2 hours to correct.

Otherwise car runs and drives like a dream, but it only has 28K on the odometer. Pray you don't get rear ended as these cars get "totaled" out by most insurance companies with seemingly little visible damage.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the cup holder is the most commonly replaced part.

replace the cup holder with a storage bin about $30

If you plan on keeping the car for awhile, you should stock up on motor oil when there is a sale. Mobil1 0w40 is about $7 a quart and it takes between 8-8.5 quarts depending on who you ask.

List of things I've replaced:
cup holder
Steering Stablizer
Rear differential (warranty item)
Razor sharp Door Pulls

Last edited by rekcah; 06-23-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rampntlion

Onehundred80 reply was perfect. I would like to add that you CAN find parts online. You may have to look under part number rather than just Crossfire, but they are there. As far as money---very little. These cars are very reliable---SO ENJOY!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Thanks a lot for all of your input and knowledge and thank you for the welcome. Such a relief to learn that this car is realistically manageable. I will definitely be looking around this forum for more information.

Thanks again.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 AM

I bought my '04 used a few years ago (off of a lease return) with about 38k miles on it. I have replaced the battery (acted funny and then died), engine air filters, cabin filter, and done a few oil changes - that's it. I expect to do the brakes shortly.