Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Proud new owner as of today

Old 03-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new owner as of today

Hey guys I came across this site a few weeks ago and let me first off by saying thatnks, everyone seems to love it, so i went with peoples opninions and yesterday i leaseed it.

This is the best part though. I think I got the deal of the year so far.
I got a white with red interior auto w/tip with all season tires for a total of only 2000 out of pocket and a payment of 313 including tax for my monthly payment. I think that is was a great deal let me hear what u guys have to say and any advice for this newbie crossifre owner. I cant wait I pick it up today at 6.

The only doubt I had was with interior. I know I wanted PLAYERS WHITE exterior but wasnt sure on the interior but i got the red. Let me know what u guys think and what i whould be expecting from this car.
Later guys

Old 03-31-2004, 10:07 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default newbie...

congrats!

how long did you lease the crossfire for? 39mo?

i think the cedar interior grows on you....i just wish the steering wheel was black. :wink:

Old 03-31-2004, 10:16 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Most importantly.... Enjoy the car!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 10:29 AM

Welcome to the family!

You will have to report on your first driving experience after you pick it up tonight - I don't know how far you live from the dealership, but plan for the trip home to take at least 3 hours. 8)

Old 03-31-2004, 10:31 AM

Ferrari:

:lol: Welcome!!!

You didn't mention where you live - if you live on the Left Coast, don't forget to meet with us in May :wink:

Old 03-31-2004, 12:04 PM
Default Thanks

Hey guys thanks. I live in New Jersey about 10 minutes away from NYC. Thats what kind of leaned me towards the auto stick because the traffic here is unreal. The dealership I bought it from is about 10 minutes away from my house but boy do i plan on taking it out for a nice long cruise, cant awit this is onyl my sencond car, first 2 door and first rear wheel drive car i bought. What a change I drove around my 1995 volkswagon jetta since I got my license and almost 5 years later i have a new car.

Anyone tell me any special things that I should look for when I get in it. Also do i get luggage being I leased. And could I get XM with the raido that I have I wasnt sure if it is XM ready. Please any comments stories I would love to hear.

Now for the hard part I have to call my insurace and tell them to put it on my policy, Im 21 so there going to have fun with me.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Thanks

Originally Posted by FerrariVdub
Now for the hard part I have to call my insurace and tell them to put it on my policy, Im 21 so there going to have fun with me.
I'm 23 and my insurance only went up about $5/month compared to my leased 2001 Stratus R/T Coupe that I turned in. I don't really understand it, but I'm not complaining. I was ready for about +$30/month.

You got the same lease deal I got on mine. My down payment + my 39 monthly payments + the residual is still under $30,000. Not bad if I decide to buy it at the end of the lease. Or maybe I'll just beat the crap out of it for 39 months and turn it in for something new.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:42 PM

I also leased and received my luggage within a week. So, expect it... unless you become one of the unlucky few who has to wait a milenium for it. There is a thread somewhere about playing the luggage game.

As for insurance, I am also 23 and my insurance shot up like you wouldn't believe. In fact, it is almost more than my monthly payment.I'm still haggling with Allstate about this - but my quotes from Geico and Progressive were all within $50 of what Allstate gave me, so no sense in switching.

If I were you I would spend some time this weekend reading through some of the threads on this forum. Lots of good information floating around out there that will answer many of your questions.