Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire - Damage :cry:

Old 04-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire - Damage :cry:

I never let anyone drive my cars. There are only a few people I have ever trusted. My roommate has borrowed my motorcycle a few times, has a nice car and bike himself.

I felt like being nice yesterday and threw him the keys to my car. He had a date with his girlfriend for her birthday. Some nice steak place in Downtown Dallas. I figured, vallet it, go back to her place, park it in the garage, and call it a night. I'd get it today.

Well this morning I take his car into work. New SRT4. Made it to work a little late (wasn't driving as fast as I do in the crossfire) :lol: A few hours go by and I get a call from him. He says he is almost in front of my work and to bring his car down so we can trade.

There was a slight pause. . . Then he says "I can't keep it from you"

- me "excuse me"
- him "eh, well there is a small dent on the car"
- me "hmm, you are kidding right? How bad?"
- him "well, its pretty bad"
- me "how did it happen"
- him "I kinda backed into her Jeep"
- me :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So I go downstairs and I see this DENT. Not like a door ding but a @#$@#$ DENT! I counted down from 1000 before I said anything. I said its ok, ya ya, he offered to pay, bla bla.

Lucky for me my detail guy has a dent guy who helped me out in the past. He happened to be a few miles away. I got to meet up with him. He was able to pull it out. Took over an hour! I need to have the bumper airbrushed / buffed out to fix the lack of paint. I need to have the fender wet sanded and re polished, but other than that, no more dent.

Anyway, here are some pictures if you guys care =)

http://www.dfwsbr.com/crossfire/dent/

Thanks -

Old 04-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see that, very frustrating. Had a girlfried that ruin two allows on a brand new honda about 8 years ago. Had to count fron 1000 as well. Car is long gone , she is still here. (maybe a got that wrong, keep the car and lost the girlfriend), but then I may have not got the cf as she is the one that suggest the 2nd and 3rd look at the Glasgow car show.

Old 04-23-2004, 04:03 PM

Care? Of course we care. A member of the family has been temporarily disfigured :cry: A little spit & polish will have her looking like new again. :P Score one for the poor rearward visibliity of the CF.

Old 04-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

I think I'll pamper the car this weekend. Little claybar / zaino treatment I've been putting off.

Had I done it sooner, the jeep would have just slid off the paint

Old 04-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Forum Regular

Around here that is enough of a reason for having him killed.....

Old 04-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jsisabella
Around here that is enough of a reason for having him killed.....
He has a handgun carry license, I do not. I think he'd win that war! :lol:

Besides, I put myself in his position. I know he felt really bad about it, and at least he told me the truth, instead of saying it was hit or something.

Old 04-23-2004, 04:42 PM

deja vu for me, your paint damage is quite similar to mine. I hope your repair goes without a hitch and you get back on the road as good as new

Old 04-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

I feel your pain. I am still not over from when they did the hit and run on my car 3 weeks ago today. They had to paint the entire side of my car thanks to the metallica paint.

I hope you get your car fixed soon. I didn't even want to drive mine anymore after what happened.

I will need to remember the count to a 1000 routine next time before I blow up. I have one of the worst tempers in the world.

Would the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" apply to your case? LOL Stuff like that has happened to me all the time. I hardly ever let anyone drive my car. That is why I hardly ever drive anyone elses car for that matter.

Good luck with everything my Texas neighbor,

Ron

Old 04-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

Update:

I paid my detail guy a visit this weekend. Lucky for me I had his laptop he had me work on earlier that week. Even trade on the labor

I had him compound out the clear coat / scratches from the damage. Can't even tell on the fender it was even pushed / scratched. I even looked over the car and found a few additional surface clear coat scratches. Removed those as well.

I think I might just live with the two little marks on the plastic bumper side. I could have them airbrushed / buffed out, I'll get an estimate on it.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:48 AM

I'm glad that it's working out okay. I admit, sometimes I walk around the car after it's been in a busy parking lot and am thankful not to see my first ding or dent yet.

But don't blame your roomie too much...backing up in that car is pretty tough...I was being extra careful trying to back up alongside a brick wall...knew it was there...thought I was clearing it...but somehow the side rear bumped...at least I was going slow enough to stop before damage.

Of course, if I did damage it, it mighta been okay...I was parking at the house of a guy who helped start the Monster Garage show and he has his own custom limo business. This guy has a million dollars worth of cars in his personal garage, and he still got excited when he saw the Crossfire. The first thing he wanted to do, tho, was chop it and stretch it!

Old 04-28-2004, 04:15 AM

What I do to reverse park is adjust side mirrors to see wall, curbs, and other things that could damage the car. Takes a bit longer and I have to re-adjust mirrors but, so far so good cars still clean

Old 04-28-2004, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by diane
The first thing he wanted to do, tho, was chop it and stretch it!
geez... "chop" it??? Is this guy like 5' nuthin' :?: :?:

Old 04-28-2004, 08:45 PM

Oh David, maybe I have the wrong term...I meant chop it in half and stretch it out...you guys teach me something every day.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by diane
Oh David, maybe I have the wrong term...I meant chop it in half and stretch it out...you guys teach me something every day.
Ah-hah! Stretch it. Now THAT would be interesting to see! There's a stretched PT Cruiser here in my town, as well as the usual suspects. Also a stretcher Hummer H2, and Escalade, I'm trying to find out where these are being done locally so I can go watch some time. 8)