Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Looks like they are blowing out the 2004 models!

Old 04-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like they are blowing out the 2004 models!

I was going to the dealership yesterday and wanted to print out the prices off of edmunds so I would have the invoice prices. The 2005 model pricings where there. I printed out both years and went down to the dealership.

Seems that they will have 2005 models on their lots in about 2 weeks. They really wanted to move some 2004 models. I told them there is no way I would buy a 2004 model because of the devaluation. When it was said and done I told them I would buy it if they could give me the invoice price of the really cheap version of the car that is coming out next year...

When it was said and done I walked out with my new 2004 crossfire for $1200 under it's invoice price which included tax, tiltle and Licence!

Thanks to this forum before I signed the papers I aked to meet the service manager and explained the problem with the maual transmissions. This was the first manual they have sold. He looked up the vin of the one we where pulling from the other dealership for me. Said there was a recall on a hose and ordered the part. He also read the TSB on the manual poping out of first. He quickly grabed the sales person and wanted all the vin numbers in texas that matched what I wanted to see if they could get me one that was outside of the possibe failure date. Unfortunantly they where all made before dec 31st. He said it would not be a problem if somthing happened. He was now aware of the problem and would not give me any greif about not being able to reproduce it. He does have tech that he sent in for all of the traning that is ready to go.

I also spoke to the service manage about the supercharger. With a big smile he said if mopar offers it that they will be more to happy to install it. He seemed to be a big fan of the car and starting going into this video he watched on it where they where pushing it to its limits.

The place was a 5 star dealership. I know two people that swear by this dealership and I could see why. The sales part was rather easy, everyone is very layed back and they will play any music you want as long as it was country. This was my second trip to that dealership. The first time I told them I needed somthing within 2 months.

They let me test drive anything I wanted and showed me everything I wanted to see and explained the car inside and out. They knew I had a couple of other cars on my list to test drive that day and told me to come back if this is what I wanted. There was no pressure to sell me a car. Even yesterday when we where trying to figure out if I would get a better deal from them on a 2004 or to wait 2 weeks for their 2005 models there was no pressure to buy the 2004.

-marc

Old 04-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

marc,

That's great and congratulations on your purchase!!! Looks like you did your homework and got a good deal. It was a good move to talk with the service dept and get things off to a good start too. Way to go!!! You scored o grandslam!!!

Oh, get used to that pain your going to start feeling in your face from all the grinning you'll be doing!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 04-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Oh, get used to that pain your going to start feeling in your face from all the grinning you'll be doing!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Actually the pain in my left leg was worse then me feeling like I just had a face lift. About 3:00 today I had to take some ibuprofen to continue to drive. This is the first time in about 5 years that I have driven a standard and my leg was killing me from all the stop and go traffic I encountered today.

I have been reading lots of posts here and there is an abundance of info and camaraderie among everyone.

Thanks for posting all the good stuff!!

-marc

Old 04-26-2004, 08:22 AM

That is why I bought the Auto-stick, too many years as a mechanic. The legs just aren't what they used to be. Congrats!