Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Cup Holder!

Old 05-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cup Holder!

I have had my Crossifre 3 weeks and have managed with that cup holder until yesterday. I bought a cup of coffee and put it in there and it felt a little different when I slid it in this time and when I went to grab it a few minutes later, the coffee was all gone and under the passenger seat! Yikes!

Anyone have any solution to this, other than using a metal or glass cup? ops:

Old 05-24-2004, 06:04 PM

No suggestions here... that cup holder is pretty much designed to slice into paper cups. If you're not into latte-scented floormats, you might need to pick yourself up a good traveling cup, or at least something a little more rigid (like a plastic tumbler) you can slide your coffee cup into.

Old 05-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular

I have a few standard coffee sippers that fit no problem in it. Anything from starbucks also works well. Hell even holds my red bull / energy drink cans with perfection!

What other car out there can secure an energy drink?

Old 05-24-2004, 06:21 PM

The cup I put in there was the from the same place I always get coffee from, but I guess I just didn't aim it right and the claws got to it! Wish Chrysler would come up with a replacement for it. Other than that the car is perfect!

Old 05-24-2004, 06:32 PM

Watch out for the Jamba Juice cups, during the Left Coast Hookup, the forth time out of the holder, I was drinking from the bottom of the cup. ops:

Fortunately I felt/noticed the rip happening before more than a drop or two came out.

Old 05-24-2004, 09:18 PM

So, if my coffee cup from Mickey D`s, gets punctured, and hot coffee drips on my lap, and burns me, can I sue Chrysler and McDonalds both?

Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 PM

NM Dude...now that's funny :-D

I think the only thing the cup holder was designed for is that RB energy drink....thus allowing you to drive for even more hours uninterupted by such needless stuff as sleep.

Add a few high quality ziplock bags in the glove box.. a trucker and GA pilots favorite... and you have eliminated another reason to stop ;-)

Old 05-24-2004, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sunny9850
NM Dude...now that's funny :-D

I think the only thing the cup holder was designed for is that RB energy drink....thus allowing you to drive for even more hours uninterupted by such needless stuff as sleep.

Add a few high quality ziplock bags in the glove box.. a trucker and GA pilots favorite... and you have eliminated another reason to stop ;-)
Now that is real funny :lol:

I guess I'll have to get rid of my gatorade bottle :roll:

Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 PM

:-D thanks...

I haven't had enough seat time in the Xfire yet to need them there....but they have come in handy before in the air :-)

Old 05-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunny9850
That is some true *edit by fcc* you said there :lol: 8) :lol:

Old 05-24-2004, 10:56 PM

Don't let the FCC catch you with that kind of language ;-)
I can not stress the importance of good quality in that purchase enough though.......I like the ones where if a seal is made the color changes :-).......but then again...since I had warned that passenger to go....you know where....it was his job to clean and sanitize the airplane :-)

Old 05-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since we're driving a European car...we have to think that they don"t use styrofoam in Germany

Old 05-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crossfire owners REALLY should ***** about this piece of !*#*&$& cup holder! I have a manual and the goddamn thing pops up every time I rest my arm on the console. But with a manual you almost HAVE to rest your arm on the console, not at some awkward angle.

Honestly wtf was Chrysler thinking... I love this car but this cupholder is the biggest piece of garbage and most annoying feature in any car I've ever owned!

I almost want to put a piece of duct tape on the thing to keep it closed, but I think that would look like crap and probably annoy me even more than the cupholder itself!

They need to recall the console and put in a new piece without the damn cupholder. Then install a new one somewhere else.

I'd really like to hear from ONE person who uses the cupholder and thinks its functional and a good feature!

Old 05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NJspeed69
I'd really like to hear from ONE person who uses the cupholder and thinks its functional and a good feature!
I like it and already said why above.

You might also want to take a deep breath before posting again. Clearly you are very upset about a cup holder. I'd hate to see something worth getting upset about get you all bent out of shape. :lol: Then again it might be kind of funny.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:51 AM

Yeah, for a minute there I though he might come to each of our houses and rip the damn thing out for us! But I'm glad that didnt happen cause I like mine too! :lol:

Old 05-25-2004, 10:02 AM

Personally I don't need a cup holder. When I bought mine I asked the salesman what the thing was... He told me it was a cellphone holder. I don't think he could believe it was suposed to be a cup holder either. :lol:

I am surprised that DC didn't redesign it for the 2005 model since it is unusable unless you don't mind it being the the way of your arm and elbow and so many people have complained about it. I think if I had a 6 speed I would either superglue it down or wedge something in it to keep it from popping up. I did bump it once with my arm when I was on an autocross course and it popped open. Very distracting.

But that said... I agree w/ DFWSBR it's not worth losing any sleep over. :lol:

Old 05-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Default I am thrilled with the cup holder

Personally I am thrilled that this car has a cup holder. My last car was an E36 M3, but the car before that was a Subaru SVX and that being a concept car it never was designed with a cup holder. After a few years they offered a flimsy tray that sat inside the center glove box and either the lid would come crashing down, the drinks and the tray would tip over or your arm would get tired of not having an arm rest.

So I will take it. Atleast it's there

Old 05-25-2004, 12:59 PM

I rarely use the cup holder, as I don't allow food or drink in my car. I have used it for bottle water and it works just fine. I also drive a six speed and it dosen't pop up for me. As far as I'm concern, mimor issue, you must be hard pressed to find something to complain about so the cup holder gives you something, other wise you would have no complaints!!! Remember, before the Mini-Vans invented cup holders they were none to complain about!!!

Old 05-25-2004, 09:46 PM

I am with you there prowler...no food..no drinks...no problem :-)
But that said I would have figured they pay a little more attention to where they expect to sell their car...and a functional cup holder is pretty much a must have here.
And to think of the possibilities for lawsuits they have left the door wide open too...as mentioned in another post :-)
Few cup holders can match the ones in the Ram Truck I traded in for the Xfire...but that is the only thing the Ram was better for in my kind of driving. ;-)

Old 05-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No eating or drinking in mine. I couldn't imagine getting crumbs, french fries, or tea stains in this great car. My work truck is a different story

Quick Reply: Cup Holder!