Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

lease buyout

Old 05-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lease buyout

what is the buy out at the end of the lease . thanks for the info

Old 05-28-2004, 03:58 PM

great name! you write some awesome books! Go right wingers!!! lol...
sorry i cant help ya on the lease program

Old 05-28-2004, 07:31 PM

I looked at the lease and it was 55% of the sticker price, the buyout for me would have been around $19,900.

Old 05-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the value of the car drops below the residual value stated on your lease the dealer or bank will take best offer or they will have to auction to wholesale buyers.Or floor the car on their own lot and buy it for their own inventory.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:12 PM

I questioned the Sales Manager at my dealership at some length about the procedure at the end of the lease if the value of the car is less than the residual. Here is a summary of what he said. If, for example, the residual is $20,000 and the value of the car is $18,000. Chrysler financial, who owns the car, will refuse to sell it to me for $18,000, but will sell the car at auction for $18,000 (or I presume whatever they can get for it) because they have insurance that pays them the difference between the residual and the value of the car if I turn it back to them instead of paying the residual, and that dollar difference can only be established by the auction price for insurance purposes, not by agreement between me and the dealership.

Don't know if what he said was accurate, just reporting what he said.

Old 05-31-2004, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by LQDSLVR
I questioned the Sales Manager at my dealership at some length about the procedure at the end of the lease if the value of the car is less than the residual...because they have insurance that pays them the difference between the residual and the value of the car if I turn it back to them instead of paying the residual

Don't know if what he said was accurate, just reporting what he said.
rest assured, HE WAS NOT accurate. There isn't an insurance company in the world that will write a policy to cover the diff between residual and market value. Finance co owned by mfg oem (GMAC, Chrysler Financial for example) will sometimes increase the residual in order to create lower car payment in order to sell (lease) more cars. Why would an ins co write a policy in that case knowing that they will pay out. Hogwash !!Sometimes I wish people would just admit they really don't know the answer and tell you so.

At the end of one of my lease, the leasing company called me and made me an offer to buy the vehicle. That offer was below the residual and above the auction price. The offer was given because the residual and auction price diff was substantial. I was not interested in keeping that van and turned the vehicle in. I would think that if you really really really wanted that 3 year old car, you can purchase the vehicle at something less than residual IF (BIG IF) the market value is really bad. If that is the case, why would you be interested in something that the marketplace has determine to be of reduced value? Chances are, even if you purchased the car at the end of the lease, you would have paid more in total (lease+purchase) than if you would have bought the thing in the first place. Leasing companies want to lease you new car every x years. OEMs want you to buy new cars every x years. Leasing company will write the current lease so that they can make money...The residual is always higher than the auction price because they DON'T want you to buy that car. They want you to lease another NEW car !!!