Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Lease transfer?

Old 07-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease transfer?

I am looking to sell my crossfire, in which i am currently leasing. It is an 05' and I have had it for a year to the month and it only has 11k miles, and i'm paying for 15k. My question is does anyone know what you have to do and what the conditions are if someone either bought the car from me or took over the payments for the next two years ($412 a month). I've read that if someone takes over the payments, you are considered like their co-signer and that you're still responsible until the end of the lease. Or you can be taken completely of the lease and your just out of it. Anyone know what kind of lease Chrysler financial uses? I'm not considering early turn in or trading it in. I love the car, and style, but I am looking to get something a bit more practical 4 seats, faster, and lower my payments (looking to get a modded mustang gt) and a smaller car for winter and work. Any other useful info about leasing and my options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Default Re: Lease transfer?

you will be left on the contract as a co-leasee. so it will show up as a commitment on your credit report. the only way to get you off as a cojo is if the person taking over your lease has a perfect credit rating. they will say that you have to stay on the contract but if you have someone with extremely good credit. and then lead them to believe you will finance another vehicle with chrysler, you will be able to talk then into taking you off the contract.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Forum Regular

what if i try and sell the car. basically, i have two years worth of payments, plus the residual/buy out. if i take that money pay off the car, then the title would be mine and I could just give it to the buyer than right?

Old 07-30-2005, 08:34 PM

try and get the dealer to help you. they can sell it to your buyer for you and then you don't have to pay any taxes. i'm not sure where you are, but here in canada you would have to pay 14% tax to the dealer. when you buy the car and then the person you sold it to would have to pay the taxes, as well but the dealer can do the transaction for you and save the tax.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wheels
try and get the dealer to help you. they can sell it to your buyer for you and then you don't have to pay any taxes. i'm not sure where you are, but here in canada you would have to pay 14% tax to the dealer. when you buy the car and then the person you sold it to would have to pay the taxes, as well but the dealer can do the transaction for you and save the tax.
this is called a "push through" in dealer terms.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by TheCrossfirekid
My question is does anyone know what you have to do and what the conditions are if someone either bought the car from me or took over the payments for the next two years ($412 a month). I've read that if someone takes over the payments, you are considered like their co-signer and that you're still responsible until the end of the lease. Or you can be taken completely of the lease and your just out of it. Anyone know what kind of lease Chrysler financial uses?
with "chrysler financial'...you will remain liable throughout the lease term if transferred.

i always look into this before choosing a bank for leasing.

see link...

http://www.swapalease.com/help_files...eco.asp?coid=6

Old 07-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Forum Regular

well, i used to be a salesman at the dealership I got the car from so they might help me out. But then the dealer is going to want a cut. my dad works at chrysler and I was thinking of having him bring some photos with info to see if anyone bites. what do you think is better?

Old 07-31-2005, 11:45 AM

My question is why would anyone want to assume your lease to begin with? At $412 per month, they could get a new one at probably lower payments. And at only one year into your lease, you are upside down where selling is a loosing cause. ENJOY YOUR CROSSFIRE!!!

Old 07-31-2005, 07:25 PM

Speaking from a man from experience, you are truly screwed. This is why no one has bought my crossfire. If you add up the lease and the residual it is still around 25k. Owe around 7k on the lease and residual is 18k. Car only has 5k on it and you can get a new 04' for less. And if i took the hit on the crossfire it was about what i owed on the lease. So you have no choice but to love the crossfire. But his situation is what made me despise the crossfire, can't get rid of it and can't make it fast. Bad combo. So I use it as my winter beater now. And bought a SRT-4 to satisfy, my speed needs. I am now one mod away from 300 whp in my srt-4. :-D So if you are able, buy a cheaper performance car like I did, ie srt-4. Yes it is a neon, but it gets respect from the guys that matter. Especially when all they see is my tail lights. Everything else such as new mustang, evo, or STi, cobra, where getting a bit too much where i would have little breathing room considering, I still have the crossfire payment. Just my .02

Speed talks and looks walks. :-)

Old 07-31-2005, 07:42 PM

the crossfire is no different than any other sports car. your always going to upside down for at least 2 to 3 years into a lease. as to the comment about the srt 4, i can't imagine anyone you would rather drive a neon with a hot engine and ridiculous torque steer over driving a crossfire...that i think goes just as good as an srt4 anyways.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by wheels
the crossfire is no different than any other sports car. your always going to upside down for at least 2 to 3 years into a lease. as to the comment about the srt 4, i can't imagine anyone you would rather drive a neon with a hot engine and ridiculous torque steer over driving a crossfire...that i think goes just as good as an srt4 anyways.
You can think all you want, but we know the truth. And everyone is different.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Smile Re: Lease transfer?

The way i see it, The lease is a bad thing not the car. the crossfire will be more of a collector's item than any srt neon. Plus you still have to mod the neon out to get any real usable power.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by babeviper
The way i see it, The lease is a bad thing not the car. the crossfire will be more of a collector's item than any srt neon. Plus you still have to mod the neon out to get any real usable power.
Stock SRT-4 > Stock Crossfire, so if you have to mod the srt-4 to get usable power what do you have to do to the crossfire? Get an srt-6? lol.

A stock SRT-4 will rape a stock Crossfire 6-speed or auto. The neon weighs 100 lbs less and has 50 more whp. Its no contest. If you or anyone wants to prove me wrong, my neon will be waiting.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 AM

A lease is a trial marriage. If you find you don't truly love the car, you can walk away. If you run away with the first thing you think is a little hotter, you will pay.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by urbane2
A lease is a trial marriage. If you find you don't truly love the car, you can walk away. If you run away with the first thing you think is a little hotter, you will pay.
lol...thanks for getting us back on topic!

Old 08-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular

well, i want a divorce then, from my car. I found even hotter and faster cars for cheaper.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...but, it's just a neon! I can't even wear my tie driving a neon!

Last edited by Cyril Baldwin; 08-02-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
Wow...but, it's just a neon! I can't even wear my tie driving a neon!
I forgot you need a car to build your image.