Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Rock Star Treatment

Old 06-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Star Treatment

I went to a Pat Green concert at Smirnoff in Dallas Saturday night. I was a little concerned about parking since you really have no control over who parks around you at a place like that. As I was waiting in line to be directed down a row to park, they directed me to park behind a black Mercedes that was parked along the curb in the drop off area. It was only a few yards from the main gate and no one could park beside me. I guess they were picking out the cars they liked and were giving them the great parking spots.

Old 06-21-2004, 12:05 PM

I have that kind of thing happen alot. Especially if it is vallet parking. I warn them about the rear-view, and tip em up front.

Many times (maybe half) when I go to leave I find my car is not with the other vallets, but right out front, or beside the vallet-house, etc. Don't know if that is because of the rear-view (can certainly be daunting), or just because the car. Since I will see very very pricy cars valleted beside run-o-the-mill Merc and Beemers, I have to assume its the rear view, or they don't know what the car is, but that's fine by me!

Great stuff, regardless, that always earns em an extra ten, twenty if its my first time there. After 10 years living on the roads I always, always, always wwaayy over tip everyone the first time at a new place, makes return trips very nice.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:30 PM

Wow...Galen....since I am a licensed Xfire Driver....can you tip me twenty to keep the car at the front....I'll quit my regular job :-)
Actually I don't let any Vallet touch my baby...my friend and former CFI used be a vallet and while sitting around the airport he has shared a few horror stories ;-)

But I did notice that the Xfire seems to get Star-Treatment more often than any other car I have ever driven...and there were some with a 0 more I got to drive for a night on the town.