Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What oddball parts do you wish were available?

Old 12-22-2011, 01:05 AM
www.TheCrossfireShop.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What oddball parts do you wish were available?

Originally Posted by caddymike85
The man is trying to help us all out by setting something up where we can get parts easily and not waste our time on ebay, modifying parts from other cars and arguing with Mercedes dealerships about part numbers. Let's stop shitting on the idea and give some suggestions.
Thanks, some don't realize when trying to help, they go off topic and can end up derailing a thread. Lot of good ideas of what is desired, keep it up.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: What oddball parts do you wish were available?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
OEM Crossfire security cover for coupe.
I think a good imitation can be made from the Magnum cover...
"Banned" Dan Root actually did market something like that .. but it installed and looked like crap

Old 12-22-2011, 02:42 AM

The silver ring surrounding the speaker grilles. It does not come bundled with the grille as some dealers might say.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesus_Christler
"Banned" Dan Root actually did market something like that .. but it installed and looked like crap
As I recall Root's cover did not retract. I think you are confused in what I mean. The Magnum body with the roller in it is the same as the XF one, the fabric on the Magnum may be a bit shorter and need a graft. Color wise I believe they are the same. The Magnum roller locates in pockets in the side panels of the cargo area, the Crossfire requires a bracket bolted to the rear of the bulkhead.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-22-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
As I recall Root's cover did not retract. I think you are confused in what I mean. The Magnum body with the roller in it is the same as the XF one, the fabric on the Magnum may be a bit shorter and need a graft. Color wise I believe they are the same. The Magnum roller locates in pockets in the side panels of the cargo area, the Crossfire requires a bracket bolted to the rear of the bulkhead.
Dave how short is the cover? When the hatch is closed, there is a visual "dead spot", (looking down thru the rear window), near the rear of the hatch by the locking mechanism. If it is only short about 5 to 7 inches, I think it might work, using a couple tethers attached to it and hooked on the rear of the hatch area. (I don't know if I explained this OK)
EDIT: I just searched your previous thread, and if I understand it, the SRT8 cover is about 5 inches short. I'm wondering if anyone has converted and used a Magnum SRT8 cover in a Crossfire. I may try to get one from a bone yard and DO IT..........

Last edited by IBLUBYU; 12-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Dave how short is the cover? When the hatch is closed, there is a visual "dead spot", (looking down thru the rear window), near the rear of the hatch by the locking mechanism. If it is only short about 5 to 7 inches, I think it might work, using a couple tethers attached to it and hooked on the rear of the hatch area. (I don't know if I explained this OK)
EDIT: I just searched your previous thread, and if I understand it, the SRT8 cover is about 5 inches short. I'm wondering if anyone has converted and used a Magnum SRT8 cover in a Crossfire. I may try to get one from a bone yard and DO IT..........
You explained it perfectly.
The magnum cover is a bit short and as the Crossfire rod is on the end of the fabric and the Magnum rod is about 4 or 5 inches up the fabric to create a flap that hangs down it complicates the issue. If the roll mechanism could be taken apart and a new piece of fabric added the problem could be solved. I studied my OEM roller and I cannot see how to tear it apart. Both roller assemblies telescope about two inches or so to clip into the retainers.

The Magnum covers cost around $125 I think. I was going to get one but when I got the OEM cover I did not purchase one.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 AM

I beg to differ that the rear of the door pull can be ordered seperately, try telling that to an idiot at a parts counter who has never worked on a Crossfire. As for the bin, the real deals are out there it would just be nice to have one place to go for them. The man is trying to help us all out by setting something up where we can get parts easily and not waste our time on ebay, modifying parts from other cars and arguing with Mercedes dealerships about part numbers. Let's stop shitting on the idea and give some suggestions.
Yea, finding a good parts guy who has a clue is the tough part. Also Chrysler's description of the two door pull parts are comptely opposite of what you would think.

Just for reference. The outside cover part that snaps on the outside is part number YA05401AA. This is the part called the Door Pull Strap. By that name, you would think that would be the part that screws to the door, but no.
Part number 68003475AA is the rear part that actually screws to the door. Chrysler named this part the Door Pull Cover. So the names make no sense to what you need or would think is correct. This second part is back ordered and currently has 26 orders across the country. Wonder if those will be delivered or not, or if even available. Somebody should make this part out of billit. But not sure if that would make sense or be an item that can be sold reasonably enough to mass produce.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM

I want a set of installed door sill accent lights, you know the ones that glow blue and rear 'CROSSFIRE'.

Hell nowdays, America's cheapest new car the Nissan Versa has these as an option.

Also I would like some custom diamond stitch seats. I love diamond stitch and I think it would look fitting on the Crossfire.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by andysdorm
I want a set of installed door sill accent lights, you know the ones that glow blue and rear 'CROSSFIRE'.

Hell nowdays, America's cheapest new car the Nissan Versa has these as an option.
They were (are?) an option. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ills-sills.pdf
Part #82208670AB
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-CRO...item2a0cfad290

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-22-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Forum Regular

This little sucker, the last time I changed it it took forever to get the right part from a dealership. In fact having any and all parts needed to fix the P0410 problem would make the the new messiah of this forum

OK WHAT IS THIS PART ON OUR CAR????? BIG MYSTERY GOING ON MY END.... NOT THE PART THATS CIRCLED THE PIECE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN. THANKS ALL...

Last edited by crossfireracr; 01-17-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Received 387 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfireracr
OK WHAT IS THIS PART ON OUR CAR????? BIG MYSTERY GOING ON MY END.... NOT THE PART THATS CIRCLED THE PIECE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN. THANKS ALL...
The black part connected sideways to the silver part (that has the red/orange wires going to the stud) is the secondary air injection pump.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crossingmatt
The round rubber caps on the back of the headlights (2/side).

My Chrysler dealer says they are not sold seperately from the headlight assembly.
No true at all! Bought the kkit to perform the headlight condensation TSB a few weeks ago. comes with 2 caps per bag.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM
www.TheCrossfireShop.com

This little sucker, the last time I changed it it took forever to get the right part from a dealership. In fact having any and all parts needed to fix the P0410 problem would make the the new messiah of this forum
Okay, somebody list the parts for the 0410 code, and I will look into sourcing them.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in need of a drivers door panel speaker grill, drivers side fog lamp access door in the splash guard and an SRT-6 air pump if the price is cheap enough (no emissions where I live now but may move in the near future).

Old 01-26-2012, 01:32 PM

A seat pad to fit in the center portion of the seat so that the bolsters on each side do not push on your hip bones constantly.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMoPar
First, this is NOT a sale or request thread, don't ask!

It's intent is to determine what parts have people looked for or desire to be more available. From major to minor, coupe, roadster, SRT, doesn't matter, what is important to you?

99% of the yards won't even attempt to pull a non major component, it is too expensive for them, so what have you found difficult to find?

Not talking about collectables, but actual parts. Also, please no discussion on what Chrysler should or should not have done.

If your reading this, you had to look for something at some point, so take a minute and make a post!
Just to chime in here...thanks for stepping up and providing this business service. Its needed now and will definitely be a valuable resource in the future. Best of luck Mr. Mopar!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:15 PM
www.TheCrossfireShop.com

Originally Posted by musicnsurf
Just to chime in here...thanks for stepping up and providing this business service. Its needed now and will definitely be a valuable resource in the future. Best of luck Mr. Mopar!

Thanks, seems to be picking up interest. Talked to an owner who ran over an object and damaged some plastic under the vehicle. This was late last year. Ship date for one component is projected for April, the second part is on indefinite back order. Insurance told owner if he found the parts used, to turn in the receipts and they would reimburse.

With such limited availability of even common parts, is no wonder they are happy to total your vehicle.

Old 06-21-2022, 04:22 PM

has any one found where I could get the rubber bumper cushions for the hood?

Old 06-21-2022, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by fyrepower
has any one found where I could get the rubber bumper cushions for the hood?
Wow you must really think you are important. 3 posts for the same exact same question!

Old 06-21-2022, 06:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Nothing like resurrecting a 10 year thread. A post that didn’t really accomplish what it set out to do either. You only have to post once just an FYI. Everyone will see it. Probably 99% of the members here check the forum through the new posts or daily posts option.

The following users liked this post:
LagDan (06-22-2022)

Quick Reply: What oddball parts do you wish were available?