Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I need help with minor issues

Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I need help with minor issues

I haven't had any problems with my 2005 Chrysler except for the interior lights. There is a switch that toggles weither or not they are on when the doors are open, which I have flipped off all the time so I don't kill my battery. When the switch is turned on, the lights are on even if the doors are closed. Any ideas or tips?

Also I saw that the cross fire on the inside of the doors are lit up blue, how hard would it be to change thenlm to green?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: I need help with minor issues

As to the dome light not turning off with the door switches, that can be a bit of a pain -
the door switches feed to the central locking pump, which then communicates with the body control module which them determines if it should, or should not provide a ground to the dome light.
There is a trouble shooting procedure in the repair manual ( available on the forum in PDF format - see any of onehundred80's posts for the link to "all things useful - Crossfire"

As to the second question, that is something aftermarket, there is NO blue 'Crossfire light' in any stock Crossfire.

Hope this helps ......

Old 02-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Received 558 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by AzZcLoWn-_-
I haven't had any problems with my 2005 Chrysler except for the interior lights. There is a switch that toggles weither or not they are on when the doors are open, which I have flipped off all the time so I don't kill my battery. When the switch is turned on, the lights are on even if the doors are closed. Any ideas or tips?

Also I saw that the cross fire on the inside of the doors are lit up blue, how hard would it be to change thenlm to green?
The interior lights are operated by the door switches as you know and the switches hit a piece of trim on the doors, if that trim is missing the lights will stay on. If the lights are on too long they will automatically go off.

1, Do your doors go off automatically after five minutes or so? 2, Is the trim piece in place?

The door sills can be replaced with an OEM accessory that is blue, there may be a thread which tells you how to change the color, but I am not too sure on this, I'll look. Here it is, from the Guru himself.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...r-install.html

Old 02-23-2012, 03:03 AM

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I still haven't gotten those lights fixed. I checked the trimming and everything looks like it is still there):

Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you check the switches to see if they are both working???

Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Did you check the switches to see if they are both working???
It took three weeks for the first reply, so don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. He has not answered all the first replies yet. I have another idea, but it can wait.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM

Do you guys think if I upload pictures of my doors you can maybe see the problem or if I am missing trim? Gahh, onehundred80, I guess that's fair.... ):

Old 02-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by AzZcLoWn-_-
Do you guys think if I upload pictures of my doors you can maybe see the problem or if I am missing trim? Gahh, onehundred80, I guess that's fair.... ):
OK so you are there, the sliding switch can turn of the light as you know and I assume that the lights inside do not switch off on their own if the door is left open for five minutes (?) or so. I know they do not turn off on their own with the door closed as you said. The lights are turned off, I guess, by the air pump/ security module in the trunk behind the passenger under the foam block.
If this block gets wet due to a leak or fails it causes all kinds of problems.
I would check for water in this area first. I assume you have jiggled the switches on the door pillar to see if they are sticking inside the switch body, not failing to compress just failed period with the jiggling getting some action, I doubt it but who knows.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 PM

Okay, I fixed it thanks to you guys. I guess it was a piece of door trimmings. I compared the trimmings from the driver door to the passanger door and found the missing piece under the passanger seat. Thanks for the responses, I should've looked at the door trim z little more closely