Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Sparkies first trip

Old 07-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparkies first trip

Took Sparky out for his first long trip this weekend. Did a 600 mile loop to the hinterlands of Iowa and back. I had been concerned about his road manners, but I must say he did real well. I thought that the confining seating positions might lead to flat-spotting my rump after a few hours, but that never happened. I was confortable and well supported and had no complaints from the copilot either.

The luggage proved to be very useful. It is can easily accomodate a long weekend for two.

On a long flat portion of rural expressway I zipped him right up to 120 until my ESAS (excessive speed alarm system) started emitting these loud and strident noises so we to return to double digits. Me and Sparky wanted to go all the way up but the copilot gets to make some of the rules since she let me buy him to start with.

When pulling back on to I80 for the return trip I was passed by one of his Alabaster brothers. I had to go to Iowa to see a Crossfire and then it had Illinois plates. Must be where all of the Illinois Crossfires have been hiding. Got a big thumbs up when he passed me. Have to say that the white looked pretty sassy with the sun reflecting off of it.

All in all it was fun trip. As a reward I am going to take him up to Road America in 2 weeks so he can play on the track a little.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:42 AM

LOL...loved the comment about your ESAS!

Sounds like a great trip!

Old 07-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diane
LOL...loved the comment about your ESAS!
I have one of those too... :shock: but she doesn't spend much time in MY car. :wink:

Old 07-08-2004, 11:00 PM

Whatthehecks a hinterland? lol

My copilot spends all her time pointing out people who are looking at us and waving to them. It doesn't seem to matter how fast we're going. go figure.
Sounds like you had a fun trip but I have a question. Why Sparky? Is there a meaning?

Old 07-09-2004, 10:12 AM

driver 1, the hinterlands start about 10 miles south of the boondocks. My copilot also keeps herself amused by waving at people. That is how we managed to sneak into triple digit land without being detected in the first place. But once detected it was all over.

There is no deep meaning to the name. I always let my vehicles name themselves. This is the first male car I have ever owned. It is also the first nonhuman. Sparky is a small spotted dog. He is always glad to see me and always ready to go play. Excuse me now, it is time for my morning medication.