Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Engine Runs Rough During Car Wash

Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Runs Rough During Car Wash

I've had this happen now a couple of times. I take the car to the touchless car wash and leave it running while sitting in it. I've had codes for the bank 1 sensor 2 HO2 sensor and replaced it this morning and all seems back to normal. But when I go through the car wash all is fine until the high powered wash starts and it sprays the front of the car. Then it starts running rough. I shut it off, and wait for the wash cycle to finish, then start it back up. It runs fine. The CEL came on and a scan says P0106 (MAP sensor).

I only have problems during the car wash high spray, and only when it sprays into the front grill, and since it doesn't rain much in AZ I can't compare to all wet conditions when the car is running to know if there is more of a problem here.

It's an 04 autostick.

I'd welcome any thoughts and ideas.

Where do I find the MAP sensor to check if the connector is loose or corroded?

Weird.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine Runs Rough During Car Wash

I found the MAP sensor, right at the front of the engine and something easily accessible for a change. There is a vacuum hose that connects to the back of the sensor, and mine had small cracks in it where it connected to the sensor. I snipped the end off, being careful not to cut too much as its a short hose, and reconnected. Ran the engine and it actually seems smoother. So maybe had some leakage going on as well. No codes. Gonna run her today doing errands and whatnot so lets see how she does.