Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Xtended Warranty

Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossfire Xtended Warranty

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I'm going to pull a Boiler (John) and make a final statement and leave this thread.
400 replies is not a ton and don't do the "I bought my car new and you didn't so you don't know jack squat" bullshit. First let's look at your know it all original statement. "400 replies" let's say all 400 had this issue 400 out of 80,000 cars (I'm estimating here, I actually think more were built) is 0.005% of cars that have had a problem. Also remember many people don't come to a car forum because they are an enthusiast. Instead they come to report a problem and see if anyone has a solution.

"The headliner" (convertible top is sort of a separate issue) is a wear and tear issue and is more prevalent in the south where it is hotter. My Crossfires lived in a garage at night and during the day at work. My Jeep on the other hand has headliner issues and has never seen the inside of my garage. Should I ***** to Jeep/Chrysler because I need to replace my headliner in it? My first car had its headliner replaced should I contact Oldsmobile?

"The Convertible top" Guys it sucks that the window is falling out, but this is also a wear and tear item. If you've ever owned a soft top for long periods of time you've probably replaced the top before. Personally if I was offered a new top from Chrysler I'd definitely take it, but If they didn't want to pay for it I'd drive down to the shop in Florida that's creating replacements that have pockets for the back window to sit in. I think the price was $1200? Someone else can clarify that one.

"Foggy headlights" isn't this a common problem for vehicle in this era? I had moisture in my headlight on the Graphite SRT (my final one lol) but that was my fault and I corrected it. I left the little rubber boot off for an entire night. The lovely Tennessee humidity happen to collect in there, but after a few days of driving with the headlights on it all went away. Yellowing is also a common problem across many manufacturers. Changes in plastics has resolved this.

"Valve Cover gaskets" this is also a common problem across many manufacturers. My Neon, Firebird, Jeep had it, my crossfires all had it, my current Mercedes had it. Most engines do this, but it's never noticed because no one takes the plastic engine cover off to look at the motor anymore. It's a very small leak that only happens under pressure and never "drips"

You can't really complain about the cooling fan. Chrysler recalled it and fixed it for free. Didn't really cost you anything did it? Might as well throw in the recall on the 04 rear hatch latch that rattled. Chrysler replaced that one for free as well under a nationwide recall.

My favorite is your airbag light. Several people have tried to help you fix that, but you don't want to try anything except complain about your dealer that you take it too. "Oh they want to replace the whole damn thing what should I do? They suck giant ***** yadda yadda yadda" When someone says something about contacting MRMopar about the sensor you ignore it. Dude all you want to do is complain and do all you can to make sure everyone else knows about your troubles. Boo freaking hoo

Take it easy there buddy. Ease up on the language and chill out. I don't agree with you ok. But there is no need to get all upset. On a side note... My camaro convertible glass back window never fell out in 5 years of ownership. My headlight lense fogged up on my crossfire after 2 years and I had them replaced. The new lense has been on for the past 5 years and it is as clear as a window. Don't ask me why...

Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts

Alright you guys stop whining

Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAA Texas doesn't offer warrantys. I'm not inclined to pay $3G for a 5yr but would pay $1.5G for a 3yr.
There's still 7 months left so I'll keep an eye open for a bargain.

This car is left in the garage and driven on weekends so I'm not too concerned about something really expensive breaking.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
all you want to do is complain and do all you can to make sure everyone else knows about your troubles. Boo freaking hoo
Look who is complaining now!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
Look who is complaining now!
...And in this corner to my right...

Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by The Beep
...And in this corner to my right...
THIRTEEN_DAWWGGGGG !!!! Knock'in me out with his Supa Dupa rare V8 turbo charged BENZ gass guzz-la!

Even though he breaks my chops I still like the guy! And I have still owned a Crossfire longer than he has... 7 years and counting. I will still own my crossfire 30 years from now so in the end I am the winna.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
THIRTEEN_DAWWGGGGG !!!! Knock'in me out with his Supa Dupa rare V8 turbo charged BENZ gass guzz-la!

Even though he breaks my chops I still like the guy! And I have still owned a Crossfire longer than he has... 7 years and counting. I will still own my crossfire 30 years from now so in the end I am the winna.
I think "The Dog" has left the building and "BC7" wins by default. (The crowd goes wild !!!) lol