Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Converting the Coupe to SRT-6

Old 05-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Converting the Coupe to SRT-6

Forget the electric superchargers. They do not put out enough volume or boost to do any good. In fact they restrict air flow and can cause a loss of HP in mid to upper RPM ranges.

Ditto cold air intakes. They do produce some gain at wide open throttle, but little difference otherwise.

ECU re-flash seems to be the best bet, but mostly that is a HP vs RPM change.

If it were me, I would replace the air filter with a clean one, be sure I've got 0-40 oil in it and just enjoy the car.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by grey one
Forget the electric superchargers. They do not put out enough volume or boost to do any good. In fact they restrict air flow and can cause a loss of HP in mid to upper RPM ranges.

Ditto cold air intakes. They do produce some gain at wide open throttle, but little difference otherwise.

ECU re-flash seems to be the best bet, but mostly that is a HP vs RPM change.

If it were me, I would replace the air filter with a clean one, be sure I've got 0-40 oil in it and just enjoy the car.
That thread is five years old, much of it was in jest.
Read the thread date before answering them.
One of the posters rose from the dead around Easter time, makes you think don't it.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by herronn1995
So I have a limited coupe 2004 crossfire in the garage and I wanna make it faster. So naturally let's go out buy a supercharger and slap on it but before I buy this supercharger I wanna know will it fit my V6 right or am I gonna need something else with it. Also will it run the same and feel like all the other SRT's?

I've heard of people doing these conversions and just wanted to know how it went. Any ideas, facts or opions are welcome.

Thanks
no the srt version of this engine has different things in it ,,lower compression,, oil inserts for cooling of the pistons and a lot more. the best thing is to buy a srt6 motor, ecu, tcu, heat exchanger , icu pump,and all the hoses,brackets and all the other things needed with making the new ecu(computer) work wiit the new engine will cost lots.
or you could buy my graphite srt6 , or i could install a V8 in it then sell it to you. or i could install a V8 in your car. jim