Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

one week later...

Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one week later...

After one week with the xf I've grown to really love it.
It's pretty relaxing to drive to around in weather doing the speed limit or a little () faster to watch the spoiler auto rise in the rear view.
All my friends really think it looks great and my fiance does aswell
Disappointing though that everyone thinks It's faster then it really is resulting in very few to no red light to red Sprints (I really don't condone "racing" or reckless driving on the streets but red light to red light is fun sometimes)
Popped the hood today and couldnt figure out how to take off the engine cover , I'm scared to pull to hard and break it since it is plastic ..also couldn't figure out how to take those black tacks of the hood cloth, really don't like those clothes
On a side note I just plasti dipped the wheels , took 2 cans and 2.5hrs next I wanna do the stakes but I ran out of paint
Gas mileage isn't bad , but i live in the city and It's a 6cylinder , 6's are great on gas on highways and expressways , and even though the car is comfy on pure city cruises It's not the best when it comes to city driving fuel consumption..
Overall I'm glad I found this car and I'm very happy with it hope many years to come with her with as little issues as possible

Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: one week later...

Grab it at the BACK and pull up. Then lift the front off.

When you go to put it on, the back part goes on last - set it in the front "feet" first and pivot it down over the intake.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackerman
After one week with the xf I've grown to really love it.
It's pretty relaxing to drive to around in weather doing the speed limit or a little () faster to watch the spoiler auto rise in the rear view.
All my friends really think it looks great and my fiance does aswell
Disappointing though that everyone thinks It's faster then it really is resulting in very few to no red light to red Sprints (I really don't condone "racing" or reckless driving on the streets but red light to red light is fun sometimes)
Popped the hood today and couldnt figure out how to take off the engine cover , I'm scared to pull to hard and break it since it is plastic ..also couldn't figure out how to take those black tacks of the hood cloth, really don't like those clothes
On a side note I just plasti dipped the wheels , took 2 cans and 2.5hrs next I wanna do the stakes but I ran out of paint
Gas mileage isn't bad , but i live in the city and It's a 6cylinder , 6's are great on gas on highways and expressways , and even though the car is comfy on pure city cruises It's not the best when it comes to city driving fuel consumption..
Overall I'm glad I found this car and I'm very happy with it hope many years to come with her with as little issues as possible

It is easy, you also can look under each rear side and see those clips. They snap onto saucershaped rubber ***** and yes they pop right off when you lift the rear (I always wiggle as I pull and it pops right up). When you pop it back on, I use just a little dab of vasolene spread on the rubber, makes it easier to pop back on. Also, the front center clip has to ride onto that little metal **** and it lines right up. Good luck! Hey, if your going to the dragon, there will be many to show you how easy it is!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I always wiggle as I pull and .. I use just a little dab of vasolene spread on the rubber...Hey, if your going to the dragon, there will be many to show you how easy it is!
Where is Nick when we need him?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Where is Nick when we need him?

Looks like I'll have to start looking for cut/past jokes when I post... Aww what the hell, just go for it! BTW PG, you made me laugh!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried lifting from the front and it looked like the intake hoses were coming with the engine cover so I stopped as i don't have any tools at my moms place incase something came off , but i guess in the morning I'll do it again
So how do i take off those engine cover tabs from underside of the hood ?

Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried lifting from the front and it looked like the intake hoses were coming with the engine cover so I stopped as i don't have any tools at my moms place incase something came off , but i guess in the morning I'll do it again
Reach towards the back of the engine cover. On each side you should find a ledge to put your hands. Give it a yank from here, there are a couple of clamps/grips holding on to a rubber points on the engine. They won't come off and once you get the cover off you'll see what I mean. The hoses slide out of the engine cover and the front of the car on each side of the radiator. Nothing is really holding them in.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:15 AM

Hi, you need to take off the two air tubes first. Grab one and slide it towards the radiator (telescope) and pull up and slide the other side off. Then do the same to the other one. I like to keep them in the same side so set them aside as L and R. Then grab both sides ofthe rear engine cover and wiggle/pull up.. As it comes off, you'll be able to pop off the front ones.