Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Fuel Door Lock

Old 09-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Door Lock

Hey Guys, I just found out that when your Crossfire is locked the Fueling Access Door gets locked as well. I never noticed this until recently, when I tried to open the access door while I was washing my car. Did anyone else know this as well? Just curiousity on my part.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel Door Lock

Originally Posted by aquarilized
Hey Guys, I just found out that when your Crossfire is locked the Fueling Access Door gets locked as well. I never noticed this until recently, when I tried to open the access door while I was washing my car. Did anyone else know this as well? Just curiousity on my part.
That's how it works...cool huh?

I like how the delayed wipers stop when car is stopped. They have lots of unique/neat features!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

And in the Roadsters, the compartment in the console locks as well.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rockbasses
That's how it works...cool huh?

I like how the delayed wipers stop when car is stopped. They have lots of unique/neat features!
Yeah, these cars are very unique.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

That's what locking gas caps do.
It does not lock when you are driving it and the doors have locked automatically.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That's what locking gas caps do.
It does not lock when you are driving it and the doors have locked automatically.
I'm not talking about gas caps. Im talking about the fuel access door locking when the car is locked. For example, when you go to the store to put gas and you lock the car, the fuel door will not open due to it being locked. Thanks

Last edited by aquarilized; 09-23-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't forget your cruise control will stay on after hitting your brakes. You don't have to manually reset it again, it will just take over on its own when you reach that speed again. Sometime you may find yourself in traffic by then, and not really want it to do that. Since there is no light telling you it's on, sometimes it a little easy to forget.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Don't forget your cruise control will stay on after hitting your brakes. You don't have to manually reset it again, it will just take over on its own when you reach that speed again. Sometime you may find yourself in traffic by then, and not really want it to do that. Since there is no light telling you it's on, sometimes it a little easy to forget.
Ok cool, thanks for the tip.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx

I think you may have a serious problem with your cruise control, they should disengage as soon as the brakes are used. They should only re-engage if the the resume or set controls are used. At the moment I would say you are driving a potential DEATH TRAP. I checked mine this morning and IT definately does not automatically re-engage. I suggest a visit to an auto electrician is order damn sharp like.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Kilmouski
I think you may have a serious problem with your cruise control, they should disengage as soon as the brakes are used. They should only re-engage if the the resume or set controls are used. At the moment I would say you are driving a potential DEATH TRAP. I checked mine this morning and IT definately does not automatically re-engage. I suggest a visit to an auto electrician is order damn sharp like.
Mine works this way also^^^^.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

I'm not talking about gas caps. Im talking about the fuel access door locking when the car is locked. For example, when you go to the store to put gas and you lock the car, the fuel door will not open due to it being locked. Thanks
Obviously I meant gas cap door, it is pretty obvious the cap itself does not lock.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:33 AM

Thanks guys I'll look into that. If I should happen to die between now and then, (from an unintended acceleration) I hope you guys will help my widow to collect big time. (from who ever owns Chrysler that particular week).
Or, I could always just not use my cruise control until I get it checked out.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If it does, I didn't notice it yesterday cruising home from Chi-town...I use the cruise a lot.. In fact it was hard to get it to resume with paddle shifter in the way....lol... I have to bend the arm today...so it won't be...

Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Well I realized today that I got confused when talking about the cruise control.
The cruise control phenomena I meant to warn "Aquarilized" about, happens when you're using the cruise control and you downshift. Doing so, does not automatically shut off the cruise control, instead the car continues on at the "preset" speed.
Since many people simply downshift when they notice traffic slowing ahead of them (before they actually hit the brakes) this could present a problem. Thinking there car will immediately start to slow down (since it's in a lower gear) doesn't happen, and depending on your reaction time, you could find yourself in a situation where you're slamming on your brakes to keep from rear ending somebody.
Now that's the way mine works, I'm assuming it's working the way it was designed.