Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

im in love and need your opinion

Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im in love and need your opinion

Just found out two days ago my fiance is a month pregnant , gonna be dad soon (feel like I'm a little young but..) so her and I were talking and the coupe has no space for a baby seat , well it does in the trunk but a baby in the trunk all i think I'll see is a jail cell haha
But seriously looking at four seat cars now and I'm a little torn

I've already been in love with the Audi s4 but research has proved all that v8 muscle comes with a hefty price tag on fuel (~17 mpg out of a 16 gallon tank average is horrendous for a driver like myself)
But I've fallen in love again

2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sport, $14,900 - Cars.com

Just want some opinions , have any of you ever driven or know someone who has driven one of these ? I know mb is overall a pretty reliable brand but before i go sign up at a mb forum I thought I would post here first
But this is still speculation atm ,my coupe is my one an only for the next 8 months or more

Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: im in love and need your opinion

My neighbor's wife drives the exact same car (except black), and I get to detail it, again, next weekend. I've driven it a number of times and really like it. Good, solid, and SAFE car. Easy access for the (...shudder....) child seat.

A a bit of fun thrown in, to boot.

I detailed the husband's E320 today. Well, almost. I finished the engine bay, wheels/wells and interior (trunk included) just before it started to sprinkle. Buff and wax tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Oh, congratulations!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks max , maybe next time your detailing the car ask about the reliablity and pm me, unless this thread isn't buried by then

Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get the C32 AMG and you'll have the same supercharged engine as the SRT6.

Congrats

Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 PM

Congrats!

What does your fiance drive? Do YOU really need the space? We have a 3yo and another due in March. The wife just got a new Town & Country, and whenever more than two of us need to go anywhere that's the vehicle. If it's just my daughter and I we take the Crossfire. I also have a '79 K5 for when the family feels like getting dirty, and a '67 Belvedere convertible for when the family needs to cruise (I would suggest getting all your toys and sleep now before the youngin')

Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats....I love the MB's....been looking for another car, and if I decide on a 4 door it will be MB....not real sure at this point what or when I will buy...but I wouldn't say anything bad about any of the MB models

Old 12-08-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jackerman
Thanks max , maybe next time your detailing the car ask about the reliablity and pm me, unless this thread isn't buried by then
Will do. I have see them in the AM, and I'll ask. They have everything (except detailing) done by the MB dealership (....shudder....) including oil changes. On 11 and 7 YO cars. Must be nice.

Oh, yeah-they don't have children and can afford it! Oops, sorry.

And they know I do all of the maintenance on all of our cars, and would do theirs for a song.

Just don't get it.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Will do. I have see them in the AM, and I'll ask. They have everything (except detailing) done by the MB dealership (....shudder....) including oil changes. On 11 and 7 YO cars. Must be nice.

Oh, yeah-they don't have children and can afford it! Oops, sorry.

And they know I do all of the maintenance on all of our cars, and would do theirs for a song.

Just don't get it.
Lol some people just like to spend money and feel more secure

Thanks guys for the support
as much as i would like an AMG , I can't really afford a gently used one otherwise I would go for a c63 amg
But she doesn't own a car , she gets the luxury of me driving her around haha so if I can talk to her about getting one it'll be good either way I'll be back if i ever lost my xf , took 8 months to find the right one and i don't wanna get rid of it

Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats!!!

Your situation is very close to what mine was almost a year and a half ago. I bought the crossfire and had a one year old. I had a crappy 4 seater that got worse and decided on buying a new car and selling the xfire. After 2 or so weeks for sale I decided no way am I selling this thing. Its funny too cause I was trying to sell it for an 05 C230. Instead I got a really cheap 2000 camry, acquired a second kid and havent looked back. Since you can turn off the passenger air bags in the xfire my kids can ride in it. They LOVE dad's car. I will never sell this thing unless I total it, in which case I will just buy another. Good luck on whatever you do, and you would be surprised how cheap the amg's are. I might be trading in the camry for a E55 amg next year. Those are going for $20K in a pretty good condition. The v6 mercedes' are pretty dang cheap in comparison.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Congrats!!!

Your situation is very close to what mine was almost a year and a half ago. I bought the crossfire and had a one year old. I had a crappy 4 seater that got worse and decided on buying a new car and selling the xfire. After 2 or so weeks for sale I decided no way am I selling this thing. Its funny too cause I was trying to sell it for an 05 C230. Instead I got a really cheap 2000 camry, acquired a second kid and havent looked back. Since you can turn off the passenger air bags in the xfire my kids can ride in it. They LOVE dad's car. I will never sell this thing unless I total it, in which case I will just buy another. Good luck on whatever you do, and you would be surprised how cheap the amg's are. I might be trading in the camry for a E55 amg next year. Those are going for $20K in a pretty good condition. The v6 mercedes' are pretty dang cheap in comparison.
Thank you , that's good to hear though I haven't abandoned the idea of the merc but right now but I'm venturing into other areas b6 a4 2.0t or Mazda rx8's but honestly the way things are looking I really don't wanna loose my car right now , took to long to find a good one plus compared to other cars I'm looking at the xf by far is more reliable and even with or better on the fuel Eco the only real positive is the aspect of having something boosted (which i do miss) or having something with a lot of variety for mods
But the misses and i still have about 8 months to make any decisions