New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Electrical problems?

Old 09-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Electrical problems?

Hi,

I am a new member and love my 2005. First car I ever really wanted to drive. (note: female, so if I don't explain everything correctly, I apologize). Unfortunately, the electrical systems is doing the following:

1. The driver side window will go down, but not up. Eventually, after many tries and many minutes later it works. I no longer use my driver side window in fear it won't go back up.

2. The ac/heater will change speeds and go hot in the driver's vent (middle console) while the passenger's side will continue to cool. If I change speed, or use recirculate....the problems of the hot/cold speed will start. Therefore I try only to use the on/off fan. However, it also does this on its own even if I haven't touched anything.

3. Left blinker is now going faster.....almost as fast as a hazard light...noise of blinker faster too. Eventually goes back to normal and next use goes faster again.

My car only has 45K miles...does anyone have a solution for the ghost in my machine?

I will be grateful for any help as I love my baby!

Old 09-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Electrical problems?

For better or worse, they all seem unrelated.
The turn signal issue is probably a bub that is out. put on the hazards, and walk around the car looking for a difference on the left and right.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:10 AM

Thank you for your reply. It just seems like things are starting to go haywire.

The following users liked this post:
Geezy77 (05-05-2021)
Old 09-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by nataliefs
Hi,

I am a new member and love my 2005. First car I ever really wanted to drive. (note: female, so if I don't explain everything correctly, I apologize). Unfortunately, the electrical systems is doing the following:

1. The driver side window will go down, but not up. Eventually, after many tries and many minutes later it works. I no longer use my driver side window in fear it won't go back up.

2. The ac/heater will change speeds and go hot in the driver's vent (middle console) while the passenger's side will continue to cool. If I change speed, or use recirculate....the problems of the hot/cold speed will start. Therefore I try only to use the on/off fan. However, it also does this on its own even if I haven't touched anything.

3. Left blinker is now going faster.....almost as fast as a hazard light...noise of blinker faster too. Eventually goes back to normal and next use goes faster again.

My car only has 45K miles...does anyone have a solution for the ghost in my machine?

I will be grateful for any help as I love my baby!
This should really not be in the New Member Intro forum.

Do you get the bulb out indicator lighting up when they flash quicker than normal? If so and even if it does not you may have a contact problem in a particular bulb socket, normally it is one of the front ones that have this problem.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-13-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This should really not be in the New Member Intro forum.

Do you get the bulb out indicator lighting up when they flash quicker than normal? If so and even if it does not you may have a contact problem in a particular bulb socket, normally it is one of the front ones that have this problem.
My experience with these.. "hyper flash" is your bulb out indication.. not the one in the "trouble" display panel.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:23 PM

I get no indication on instrument panel at all. Today, my husband noticed in hyper speed, the turn signal does not flash, so now I am afraid to get in an accident because they only work normally intermittently. As it was finally a nice day, I used my drivers side window and now it won't close.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

First guess is the switch itself. These are inexpensive and easy to replace, it sounds like the contacts on the "raise" side are bad. It COULD be a limit switch in the door, but I'd say try this: Swap the switches side-to-side. If the issue moves to the passenger window, it's a bad switch, if it stays on the driver's side, its a limit switch or the motor itself.

Two issues here. One, the "BLower Motor Resister" is bad. About $30 online and easy to change. Two, the "Always Hot Air" thing is REALLY common, it's most often a sticky valve (well, solenoid) in the dual-valve-assembly under the hood, ahead of the battery . It has a cable going to it and three hoses. One side controls hot coolant flow for the driver's side and the other side controls the passenger's side coolant flow. The valve's solenoids tend to get sticky. It CAN be a problem with the actual heat/A-C controller in the dash, but most often it's those valves.

YOu have a flaky turn signal bulb OR corroded turn signal bulb socket. Try changing the front AND rear turn signal bulbs on the left side of the car.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

There are threads on this forum that tell you how to change the window switches (that is, how to get the trim panel up so you can unsnap the switches.

Getting to the rear bulbs can be done by removing the trim in the trunk OR ---- in a Roadster, you can open the top's lid and reach in from the top opening and get to hte back of the lamp assembly.

The blower and "always hot air" problems are VERY common with these cars, my old 05 was acting up at times with both issues, before I got around to fixing it, I had an accident and the car is scrap now.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:03 PM

Thank you so very much for your help! With you precise instructions, I feel like I can finally fix these problems. I think I was in the trunk 1/2 hour the first time I changed a bulb, as I was too stubborn to give up. I guess I should be happy that I can even fit inside the trunk.