Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

various door dings & hail damage

Old 02-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default various door dings & hail damage

I've only had my red 2004 Crossfire Coupe for about 4 months. It's a blast to drive. Bought it used. I noticed about 12 dings in the passenger door and just got them fixed: How can the gentleman who repaired it do such a good job??? He found 26 dents (not 12) and now the door looks completely brand new! Not a dent, not a ripple!

He did find hail damage I had not noticed. He said it had probably been fixed, but they missed about 10 small dents. Now I need him to come back. If you are looking for work: Try 'small dent repair'! The gentleman had had 12 jobs that day, each for a minimum of $100! Not bad! $1500 to $2000 a day. $8750 a week, and $35,000 a month! And he definitely earned his money! I need to post a picture of my door! It is amazing!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: various door dings & hail damage

I've read over the "DIY" dent repairs on Ebay and other sources. Looks like you have to have a very good eye for that type of work.

Mine came with some light hail damage when I purchased it (no extra charge..lol).

Just wondering what the price tag was for your dent repairs. Often thought "don't worry about it..dirve the wheels off her and enjoy".. since she's a daily driver and racking up the miles.. but if the price is decent..

Old 02-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular

It was $200 for the passenger door (26 dents), a dent on the right rear fender, and a bb wound on the driver's side door.

He said he'd charge $200 for the rest of the car - roof dents force him to remove the headliner.

Mine is a daily driver too, but I still want it looking good, if possible. Each month, I do one improvement: tint the windows, dents, etc. I am not sure what will be next in March!

I am having a blast!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sandy
I've only had my red 2004 Crossfire Coupe for about 4 months. It's a blast to drive. Bought it used. I noticed about 12 dings in the passenger door and just got them fixed: How can the gentleman who repaired it do such a good job??? He found 26 dents (not 12) and now the door looks completely brand new! Not a dent, not a ripple!

He did find hail damage I had not noticed. He said it had probably been fixed, but they missed about 10 small dents. Now I need him to come back. If you are looking for work: Try 'small dent repair'! The gentleman had had 12 jobs that day, each for a minimum of $100! Not bad! $1500 to $2000 a day. $8750 a week, and $35,000 a month! And he definitely earned his money! I need to post a picture of my door! It is amazing!
I bought my red coupe 2 yrs ago, and it came with about 10 dings in the doors and quarter panels. At that time we had a GTG in Spring at John's (Boiler) in Indianapolis, and we had a PDR repair person come to his house. At that time, he massaged all the dings and dents out, AND found a dent by a front headlight, which was on a contour, and repaired that. Time taken about 1 hour, at a total cost $150.00. A good, experienced, PDR person is like an artist. Best bargain in the world. Many PDR people will try to charge $75 for 1 dent , $100 for 2, and then add and add. Best to negotiate the total before. When dings or dents are pretty close together, they will just do them for the cost of one. If any interior panels need to be removed and replaced, or holes need to be drill for the their tools to get in, that could add to it.

Best to keep his number handy ...... Texas is the "hail capital" of the country.LOL

Old 02-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I know that feeling!.. LOL.. playing with upgrades..Stereo upgrade- mods .. Throttle body.. Torque pro to monitor things.. intake upgrades-playing .. LED replacements..
And knowing it's not a second mortgage to fix the hail dents.. think I'll have to seriously look into it.. Couple hundred to "not see them" would be worth it. No one has ever commented or seemed to notice, but I do.. LOL.

Thanks for the insight since I've never looked into it!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

I completely agree that a good dent person is an artist! Won't lose his number!

If possible, get recommendations. My body shop recommended him to me.