Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Finally going to get a crossfire

Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally going to get a crossfire

Hello all! I have been searching the site and looking at different crossfires since i last posted and i think i have found the one! Its a 2004 graphite 6 speed the guy SAYS it looks like new and i am going to take his word and drive down three hours to look at it. The only thing is the guy is kind of an idiot he posted it has a v8.... and i confronted him about it and he said and i quote "well maybe not but it feels like one".... i was like uhhh did he just say that haha.... he said that he has had it for a year... but its a good deal. Price is negotiable. any thoughts?

Chrysler Crossfire 2004***fast car***

(I know i have awful punctuation haha i apologize)

Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Default Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

i was gonna say there is only maybe 3 v8 in north america in a crossfire and this isnt one the guy sounds like an idiot or trying to get more money out of someone who doesn't know much about the car...whats up with the rpm gauge?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
i was gonna say there is only maybe 3 v8 in north america in a crossfire and this isnt one the guy sounds like an idiot or trying to get more money out of someone who doesn't know much about the car...whats up with the rpm gauge?

that is a good question does anyone know?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 PM

some stuff dont look right like the other one you were looking at where the guys tried telling you that xfires come with 19s in the front and 20s in the rear lol i would just test drive it before committing to it also check the brakes and tires and if there are any spots when its parked just general stuff just so you dont buy it then you have to put alot into it right away...

Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
some stuff dont look right like the other one you were looking at where the guys tried telling you that xfires come with 19s in the front and 20s in the rear lol i would just test drive it before committing to it also check the brakes and tires and if there are any spots when its parked just general stuff just so you dont buy it then you have to put alot into it right away...
yeah i agree i know how to pick them that what it is haha ! But i think for the price i dont even care but i will let you all know what happens tomorrow night!! (fingers crossed its a good one)

Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say RUN AWAY!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Forum Regular

if i can get it for around 7000-6500 bucks i would say its a good deal whether the tach works or not am i wrong?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you look at the drivers headlight? Either somone has taken things apart and didn't get lined back up on that side.. or she's been hit.. Pick one.

This pic.. pretty obvious something aint right..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-26-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Forum Regular

i didnt notice that either im glad i posted this... but these are all fixable things and for the price i can afford to fix them

Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Easley15
i didnt notice that either im glad i posted this... but these are all fixable things and for the price i can afford to fix them
I'd just have to wonder what a wreck on carfax does to the resale value.. but hey if your good with.. it's yours to deal with..

And .. if you could get your hands on one and it does show up.. can we say barganing chip?

One word of wisdom on this.. Check those front tires very closely for wear pattern.. you really don't want to tack on the repair for mis alignment - camber issues..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-26-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular

OK so what i am going to do is go look at this one tomorrow and If i dont like it then gonna head to one locally(the guy is a bad word) and if that one doesn't work out then I am gonna go look at another in Georgia Saturday so hopefully it all works

Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 AM

Remember there is no rush in committing to one car. Take your time it's a big decision...there's no shortage out there. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

Originally Posted by canadian-fire
Remember there is no rush in committing to one car. Take your time it's a big decision...there's no shortage out there. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your input! I know i just have to think clearly but considering im only 18 i cant do that so well haha ill be the first to admit that! but ill let you all know how it turns out!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd spend the$50 and try and get a carfax for starters. The price is nice, so he needs the money or it has issues. The cost to repair xfires can be expensive. Try to be objective when looking at the car. let him fire it up while you stand near the back to see if it puffs blue, although he may have warmed it up already. Get down and look at all the tires, especially for any unusual wear. That would mean costly suspension work. Check all fluids before he starts the car. When you drive it pay close attention to any unusual noises. These are generally very quiet cars. Take a nice long drive. Starting with around his place going up and down through the gears, then hit the highway. Its not an SRT so it should ride fairly nice over the bumps, and it should be SMOOTH. No steering wheel shimmies (front end work) no shimmies in your seat (tires or worse, frame damage) It should not pull to either side when you let go of the wheel briefly. Shifting is again, SMOOTH with these cars. Hopefully i'm not already in the blah blah blah and gone on too long I bought a 78 L82 when i was 20 (yep put work into it) so i know how you're feeling at 18 on this one. You want something your going to be happy with every time you sit in it. The previous posts about the headlights etc are definitely warning signs. Good luck, you will love these if its a good one. 2004 SSB 6spd Coupe

Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

Wow thanks for all the input I will diffenatly look at all the things you suggested!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If you see oil seepage on the valve covers, use that as a bargaining tool ( I did ).
IT'S AN INEXPENSIVE AND EASY FIX ! ( But don't tell the stupid dealer that )

Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular

Ok so just talked to the guy and he said that he did not see the gap in the headlight and he also said that the rpm gauge was off but did move when starting and revving just seemed to be moved some how... I'm gonna offer him 5 grand and see what he says it can't hurt

Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried looking on CARGURUS.com, they often have the carfax available right on line. There are quite a few Xfires out there, don't rush into it. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. You don't want to save 3 or 4 G's on the price and then have to put 5G's into it. They are not cheap to repair, even if you can do the work, unless you have a set of metric tools, it'll cost you that plus the parts.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 PM
cmz
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

try to take someone along who can play devils advocate. another pair of eyes that can see things wrong with car and the seller that you might miss.(seller might know problems with car that arent very apparent). its easy to cover up alignment problems caused by a collision with a cheap set of new tires. good luck and remember there are plenty of cars out there.cmz

Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Forum Regular

Wellp I got screwed we went to a guy in Atlanta (4 hours away) and they told us yeah come look at the car but Long story short they didn't have the car and we are driving back empty handed

Quick Reply: Finally going to get a crossfire