Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is it the lack of luck or just bad karma?

Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it the lack of luck or just bad karma?

Back story:

So, I've decided to start an automotive review and entertainment channel on Youtube called Thy Auto Addiction. When it is ready, I hope you guys check it out! The first of the videos should be up and running sometime later this summer. The channel is going to be a collection of 5-10 minute films exploring interesting and cool performance vehicles, and will be featuring a Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 in one of the first episodes.

On the first day of filming I got up, washed the car, printed out the scripts and headed to my nearest fuel station with the cameras to partake in feeding the machine we would be filming that day. While I was gassing up, the kind yet spatially-challenged driver of an SUV just so happened to back into the drivers side door. The metal skin was more than dented and the paint was moderately scuffed.
This was rather unfortunate because we had planned on filming a non-dented Crossfire for the episode; the day was ruined. The nice lady hopped out, apologized and handed me her insurance information and I left from there to go get an estimate from a family friend. Later that day, just by coincidence, both the left head light and the left brake light bulbs had had their share of illuminating and decided to quit. Just my luck eh? Frustration is an understatement.

My questions for you:
I've never replaced any major bulbs on the car other than the forward marker lights, so will replacing all of the head lamp bulbs be a daunting task? (I've decided I want to replace them all with HID blue/white instead of OEM)

Also, I've been looking at replacing the tail light bulbs with LEDs, are the housings relatively easy to get to or is it something that I will be spending all day on?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,
H.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Is it the lack of luck or just bad karma?

Originally Posted by X-Fire_srt6
Back story:

So, I've decided to start an automotive review and entertainment channel on Youtube called Thy Auto Addiction. When it is ready, I hope you guys check it out! The first of the videos should be up and running sometime later this summer. The channel is going to be a collection of 5-10 minute films exploring interesting and cool performance vehicles, and will be featuring a Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 in one of the first episodes.

On the first day of filming I got up, washed the car, printed out the scripts and headed to my nearest fuel station with the cameras to partake in feeding the machine we would be filming that day. While I was gassing up, the kind yet spatially-challenged driver of an SUV just so happened to back into the drivers side door. The metal skin was more than dented and the paint was moderately scuffed.
This was rather unfortunate because we had planned on filming a non-dented Crossfire for the episode; the day was ruined. The nice lady hopped out, apologized and handed me her insurance information and I left from there to go get an estimate from a family friend. Later that day, just by coincidence, both the left head light and the left brake light bulbs had had their share of illuminating and decided to quit. Just my luck eh? Frustration is an understatement.

My questions for you:
I've never replaced any major bulbs on the car other than the forward marker lights, so will replacing all of the head lamp bulbs be a daunting task? (I've decided I want to replace them all with HID blue/white instead of OEM)

Also, I've been looking at replacing the tail light bulbs with LEDs, are the housings relatively easy to get to or is it something that I will be spending all day on?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,
H.
Bad things happen in threes, so watch out.
Look at Maxichons light replacement thread, it needs revising up to the modern style bulb harness but gives you the general picture.
This is for the NA, the SRT is a bit more awkward.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-20-2013 at 06:44 PM.