Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Alarm Won't Let Car Start

Old 01-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Won't Let Car Start

Originally Posted by FrenchyAlex
It looks worse on the picture than in real life because of the flash. When I saw my pic, I considered Photoshoping it before posting, that's how ashamed of myself I was...
There was a lot of that white/yellow foam on the terminal, but not around. Then I had to remove the terminal to reset the whole unlock/no start issue, that's when all the residue spilled. I guess it then absorbed the humidity and that's how it looks now.

I guess cleaning the terminal and cable won't be enough and everyone here will tell me to buy a new battery (this one is from mid 2016 according to the label, and supposedly has a 6 years life).
The battery is fully charged I take it, a dead battery and we have wasted a lot of time.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The battery is fully charged I take it, a dead battery and we have wasted a lot of time.
Oh yeah, I measured 12.3V with my multimeter.
And I am not troubleshooting any issue of mine in this post, I just jumped in to tell racecar that he was not the only one hearing the "humming sound", and that it was definitely not the siren dying on him.
The sound he hears is most probably the RCM fan. For some reason, mine is loud in the morning on a cold start, for a few minutes, and that's it for the day. It then runs at any start, any time of the day, but quietly, so you don't hear it.
All am saying is there probably is no point in focusing on that sound for the issue he is experiencing.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchyAlex
It looks worse on the picture than in real life because of the flash. When I saw my pic, I considered Photoshoping it before posting, that's how ashamed of myself I was...
There was a lot of that white/yellow foam on the terminal, but not around. Then I had to remove the terminal to reset the whole unlock/no start issue, that's when all the residue spilled. I guess it then absorbed the humidity and that's how it looks now.

I guess cleaning the terminal and cable won't be enough and everyone here will tell me to buy a new battery (this one is from mid 2016 according to the label, and supposedly has a 6 years life).
I"m not going to say the battery is bad and buy a new one, but it would be far from the first one to be bad under warranty. many things can cause a premature battery failure. i could list a few like running them down and having to charge them multiple times while trying to figure out why your car won't start.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi forum.. good news.. New Skreem (from needswings, thx Rob), and 40 mins fiddling with the dash and instrument cluster.. (twice) .. and the car is running again.
The bad news.. the fuel gauge is no-op now.. and I took out the cluster again, to look for a bent pin and to make sure I got all the connectors right.. looked good to my eye.. Darn it.

Also, from sitting since Nov, the brakes are mushy.. and driving it 3 miles thru town didnt even rub the rust off the rotors .. hmmm. On any other ABS car I dont need to bleed the brakes if they start out mushy.. any comments here? thanks

Old 05-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If you find the fuel gauge problem let Crystal know.
I assume you checked the master cylinder fluid level.
Did you try REALLY getting down on the brakes ?
Definitely should have rubbed the rust off, stuck caliper maybe ?

Old 05-01-2018, 11:11 AM

who's Crystal?
yes MC level is good and steady, i dont see any leaks either. I pushed it down to the floor few times. mushy.
All 4 rotors are still rusty.. surely feels like air.. just surprising.. Ill bleed it and let you'all know..

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If you find the fuel gauge problem let Crystal know.
I assume you checked the master cylinder fluid level.
Did you try REALLY getting down on the brakes ?
Definitely should have rubbed the rust off, stuck caliper maybe ?

Old 05-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Crystal is the forum name for Crystal Matherne, she and Marc own 8 of these puppies.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:23 PM

Had my RCM done. Still won't crank. Everything else works??? O5 Where is the skreem module?