Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Production number concerns

Old 12-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Production number concerns

Gee, I always thought that people in the south were more respectful, pleasant, etc. than us northerners. It's too bad that you have such bad dealer experiences. I go to a dealer that I don't even talk price with. I tell him what I want and he gives me a price. I know they are the best prices he can give me. And I can call him daily re dellivery or shipment(I don't do that) without being treated poorly. And the service department is just as good. I always feel bad (and lucky) when I read too many posts about bad experiences with Chrysler dealers. I moved recently and have to drive about 30 miles to go there for sales or service (of course it gives me a reason to take my Xfire for a ride). Here's hoping you find a good dealer and a Crossfire.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by mtnxfire
I guess the disrespect must just be a southern thing.
Wow MTNXFIRE...what a statement. I am very southern. OUCH....
I personally try to respect everyones feelings and always look forward to putting a smile on someones face and I find great pleasure in doing nice things for other people. I think that is an unfair statement to label southerners with such a negative statement. I think you can find disrespect in any city. Maybe you should try a softer tone with a smile on your face and a little understanding before you judge others. Look at your own actions..Maybe you are prevoking disrespect.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that's the word I missed PRO VO KING . Big Ditto.

Old 12-05-2004, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
Hey that's the word I missed PRO VO KING . Big Ditto.
Dan, I hope that was just a comment and not a slam on someones spelling because that isn't what these forums are about.
Sorry if I took it the wrong way, but that's what my first impression was when I read it.

Old 12-05-2004, 06:12 PM

Thanks Lee, but I dont find anything wrong with correcting my typos...or my spelling errors...I was just trying to get a point across. ...I find that I am never to old to learn or be taught and as I have read through this forum I am not alone with my typos or errors of spelling. I will say that I found this forum to be informative and fun. I even met someone on this forum in my own city...Who seems to be very southern and nice also. There was an article in the Charlotte Observer how a woman here had moved to New York and missed the SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY...and how people wave and smile etc....I have found traveling that people on the average are very nice...but I guess that comes from what you project through your own personality. That was my only point.. So I guess with the misinterpretation that southerners are rude...I just proved they are stupid like there accents...like we are projected on television...YALL TAKE CARE NOW YOU HERE......
Entry: pro·voke
Pronunciation: pr&-'vOk
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): pro·voked; pro·vok·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French provoquer, from Latin provocare, from pro- forth + vocare to call, from voc-, vox voice -- more at PRO-, VOICE
1 a archaic : to arouse to a feeling or action b : to incite to anger
2 a : to call forth (as a feeling or action) : EVOKE <provoke laughter> b : to stir up purposely <provoke a fight> c : to provide the needed stimulus for <will provoke a lot of discussion>

Old 12-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to Provoke, I was commenting in favor of not provoking the dealer .Understand now leebea.

Old 12-05-2004, 10:54 PM

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. I was only kidding about the car buying process in Louisiana. That was not directed to southerners as a whole. It is always nice to know that no matter where you are or what is going on someone is always willing to help. You can't walk anywhere in the south without running into numerous people who will smile, wave, or strike up a conversation with you. I hope that clears things up a little.

Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Darn... I must have missed some good stuff... I never read the posts before the last page... I think the thread started with how do I find my build #... ? I think it's the last five digits of your VIN... But then again, I'm from the South of California and we're really a bunch of idiots... I had to check the one in the windshield, then the one on the engine block, then the one on the chassis just to make sure...

Last edited by HDDP; 12-06-2004 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Thumbs up Re: Production number concerns

Yea, this has been a good post from beginning to end.

Did you check the one on the engine firewall?
I hope the different numbers (places) all matched; if not, ya got a problem.

Old 12-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Forum Regular

Don't forget that there is also a VIN on the barcode sticker under the rear license plate. There is also probably one on the door jamb stickers. Might as well make sure they all agree.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:06 AM

Didn't mention those because they could be easily removed and in that case you wouldn't know the difference, other than they are not there.