Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

will not start '04 crossfire

Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will not start '04 crossfire

I turn on the key and can hear the fuel pump, however the vehicle will not turn over.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Default Re: will not start 04 crossfire

Excellent guidance. Checked RCM and it appeared to be ok however re soldered. Battery in key fob was old so replaced. Fired right up. 5 star advice.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Received 544 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by rayludwiczak
Excellent guidance. Checked RCM and it appeared to be ok however re soldered. Battery in key fob was old so replaced. Fired right up. 5 star advice.
You may or may not know that the fob battery is only for the remote opening/closing of the doors.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You may or may not know that the fob battery is only for the remote opening/closing of the doors.
My understanding is that the key fob has a transponder that not only unlocks and locks the doors but also sends a signal to the security system allowing the ignition to become activated. It's part of the passive security system. Thanks for your response but I think you are wrong. Can anyone confirm that a weak key fob battery will not allow the vehicle to turn over and start?

Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 PM

My understanding is that the key fob has a transponder that not only unlocks and locks the doors but also sends a signal to the security system allowing the ignition to become activated. It's part of the passive security system. Thanks for your response but I think you are wrong. Can anyone confirm that a weak key fob battery will not allow the vehicle to turn over and start?
Have it your way then.
You are right and wrong.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: will not start '04 crossfire

If you search long enough.. or have enough interest in reading and learning about these cars.. you will find a thread where the transponder was glued to the metal key. Does that tell you how integrated the FOB is to the start system?

Old 04-26-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
If you search long enough.. or have enough interest in reading and learning about these cars.. you will find a thread where the transponder was glued to the metal key. Does that tell you how integrated the FOB is to the start system?
I appreciate all the helpful information available on this fourm. The only thing I know for sure is it's working fine now. Keep up the good work.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Received 886 Likes on 690 Posts

Never argue with 180. If he does not know, he will tell you so.

Fact is, the battery in the FOB powers the transmitter that performs the unlock/lock and panic functions.

WHen you insert the key into the ignition, the passive TRANSPONDER is powered and signaled by the o-ring around the ignition switch.

Try this: take the battery out of the FOB - the buttons quit working, but the car WILL start.

From reading your posts, I would guess that the resoldering of the RCM fixed your car.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy

Never argue with 180. If he does not know, he will tell you so.

Fact is, the battery in the FOB powers the transmitter that performs the unlock/lock and panic functions.

WHen you insert the key into the ignition, the passive TRANSPONDER is powered and signaled by the o-ring around the ignition switch.

Try this: take the battery out of the FOB - the buttons quit working, but the car WILL start.

From reading your posts, I would guess that the resoldering of the RCM fixed your car.
Not trying to argue with anyone so please don't take it that way. Resoldered and key fob battery changed. Everything is working fine thanks to this site.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Administrator
Received 886 Likes on 690 Posts

Thanks for your response but I think you are wrong. Can anyone confirm that a weak key fob battery will not allow the vehicle to turn over and start?
No, you aren't arguing.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Not trying to argue with anyone so please don't take it that way. Resoldered and key fob battery changed. Everything is working fine thanks to this site.
If you want an argument you have come to the wrong place.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 467 Likes on 326 Posts

He simply posted that he thought 180 was wrong and asked for someone else to confirm what he was asking / what he was told.
That does not constitute an argument IMO guys so c'mon and please be open and respectful to the OP here.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by VALK
He simply posted that he thought 180 was wrong and asked for someone else to confirm what he was asking / what he was told.
That does not constitute an argument IMO guys so c'mon and please be open and respectful to the OP here.
Gary, British/Canadian humour, that's the way we spell it, is a bit different from US humour (see above) and as such goes over the heads of many down South of us and is looked upon as an insult or whatever.
As in many of my posts the underlying joke/humour (see above) was missed. Our humor (spelling?) is a bit more subtle, and requires a bit of experience looking for the point of the joke.
A few wars have unfortunately been started due someone failing to see the joke, fortunately we won most of those wars. We fought the so called US war of Independance with the B team, we actually looked upon it as a civil war, as many on the other side were British stock.

The above is not to be taken too seriously.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
If you want an argument you have come to the wrong place.
LOL
LOL I think you've eaten to much bubble and squeek. By the way from this fourm:
"There are two parts : the transponder (works with the ignition to start your car) and the transmitter (unlocks your car). "