Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

No BRAKE LIGHTS - BAS/ESP signs on the dash + LIGHTS when I hit brake light

Old 10-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No BRAKE LIGHTS - BAS/ESP signs on the dash + LIGHTS when I hit brake pedal

I've had this issue for a while now and I was able to resolve it temporarily after reading some posts here. I repositioned the brake light fuse in the fuse box on the left side of the driver due to apparent bad terminals. And that did the trick! But the BAS/ESP warning lights came back on and I've tried replacing the fuse, wiggle it, clean the connections and nothing.

I've also replaced the brake switch which was a popular solution. I've read something about installing a fuse bypass but wouldn't know where to star.

I would appreciate any input from someone who has experienced the same problem and has found a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by AlexParra; 10-31-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 10-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: No BRAKE LIGHTS - BAS/ESP signs on the dash + LIGHTS when I hit brake light

Just to verify... with the car sitting there no BAS/ESP light but when you apply pressure to the brake pedal the light comes on?

Old 10-31-2015, 01:33 PM
Default Re: No BRAKE LIGHTS - BAS/ESP signs on the dash + LIGHTS when I hit brake light

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Just to verify... with the car sitting there no BAS/ESP light but when you apply pressure to the brake pedal the light comes on?
BAS/ESP + lights warning come on when pressing the brake pedal to start the car off. When depressing brake pedal BAS/ESP stay on and lights warning goes away and comes back on in zink with brake pedalling.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:52 PM

One of the many functions of the light is to detect a pressure difference in the two systems. Is your pedal spongy or does it fall off slowly to the floor if you keep your foot on the pedal hard?

Old 10-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexParra
....................When depressing brake pedal BAS/ESP stay on and lights warning goes away and comes back on in zink with brake pedalling.
The light comes on in synchronization with pedaling? You say it goes out with the use of the pedal.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:11 PM

One of the many functions of the light is to detect a pressure difference in the two systems. Is your pedal spongy or does it fall off slowly to the floor if you keep your foot on the pedal hard?

I've detected no variations as to the pedal's feed back on my foot. Feels as it has always.

One thing I tried earlier picked up by reading here on the subject was checking the headlights switch. I switched it on and off a few times with the car running and tried braking. The brake lights were back on after almost a month and the warning lights gone but the BAS/ESP light stayed on. Later the brake lights stopped working again.

Replacing the headlight switch may be the solution to the brake lights and I'm left with the BAS/ESP which also disabled the cruise control. But that I can live with.

Thank you for your follow up!

Old 10-31-2015, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The light comes on in synchronization with pedaling? You say it goes out with the use of the pedal.
That is correct as you say!

Old 10-31-2015, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by AlexParra
That is correct as you say!
Surely it cannot come on and go off by using the pedal.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Surely it cannot come on and go off by using the pedal.
Ever seen this reported before 180?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:48 PM

Ever seen this reported before 180?
\
There is a similar case on the forum, I cannot find it though.
The symptoms described seem ambiguous to me. Lights on with pedal and lights off with pedal.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me ! I bought new brake light switch from O Riellys & put it in fixed the problem ! Cost was about 25 bucks !

Old 11-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also check to see if you have brake lights ? my BAS/ESP came on 1st ! Didn't know I had no brake lights til next day ? Every time I started car as soon as I touched the brake pedal BAS/ESP light would come on then will in garage I noticed no brake lights ! Looked it up & changed the brake light switch fixed the problem for me !