Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hesitation problem.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation problem.

I haven't posted much on this site, but I visit often to see what is going on with other Crossfire owners. I now find that I need some help. On six of seven different occasions when pulling away from a stoplight my car (an auto stick) has hesitated when I pressed the accelerator pedal and felt as though it was going to cut off. The dealer has flashed the chip, checked for vacuum leaks and moisture in the fuel tank, but can find nothing wrong and no error codes have turned up. Has anyone on the forum had a similar problem or have any idea what may be causing this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

rtbyrd

Last edited by rtbyrd; 02-14-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Default Re: Hesitation problem.

Thanks afwill78, but that refers to the shifting of the transmission and I have no problem in that department.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:50 PM

Thanks again afwill78, but it was in S. Where I live there is never a need for W.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:21 PM

#3 on the list will cause hesitation

Old 02-14-2005, 06:25 PM

Interesting! Thanks sssly. I have emailed that information to my dealer's service manager.

Last edited by rtbyrd; 02-14-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Forum Regular

Afwill78:
Thanks for the 10 checks. I hadn't seen this before. Good information.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:57 AM

I had the same problem. Dealer had to change the thrttle body. Everything ok now.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:00 AM

Thanks Playboy, I email this information to my dealer. From what little I know about it, the throttle body seems the most likely cause of the problem. Could you tell me who your dealer is and where he is located? I would like to put my service guy in touch with him.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be the trackion control. Turn it off and see if it still happens.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:35 AM

Another good suggestion. Thanks, r.robertson

Old 07-02-2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by rtbyrd
I haven't posted much on this site, but I visit often to see what is going on with other Crossfire owners. I now find that I need some help. On six of seven different occasions when pulling away from a stoplight my car (an auto stick) has hesitated when I pressed the accelerator pedal and felt as though it was going to cut off. The dealer has flashed the chip, checked for vacuum leaks and moisture in the fuel tank, but can find nothing wrong and no error codes have turned up. Has anyone on the forum had a similar problem or have any idea what may be causing this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

rtbyrd
I am now having this very same problem with mine, with about 60 miles left on my warranty. Has anyone else had this problem?? Was there a solution to your problem Rtbyrd? I just had my oil changed and some last minute warranty work done, picked it up and the next day the first stop light I come to the car doesn't want to go when I push the accelerator it almost seems like it is neutral but it's an auto. After a few seconds it goes and drives just like normal. I thought maybe my foot just got caught and wasn't hitting the pedal, but it did it again the next time I drove it. Can anyone help and quick those 60 miles aren't going to last long!!! I have seen other posts about jerking and bucking but mine hasn't done that...yet.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Forum Regular

That is one of the symptoms I have been experiencing with my car for the past few months. And being that I've only owned the car for less then 9 months, I filed a lemon law claim and put Chrysler on final notice. They have contacted me and are sending down a DC tech next month to see if they can find my problem and fix it once and for all.

I had major hesitation to the point of my car not even moving when the pedal was pushed in and then all of a sudden WHOOSH it would shoot like a rocket. At first they replaced 3 different parts because they did not know what the Check Engine Light code was, so they did what they thought. Then a sensor was found to be faulty when the problem got worse... and then when my car would no longer move, they realized my computer went bad and replaced that, too. And now my problem has returned but with a new twist - hard shifting in low gears.

I can only share with everyone what I find out when the tech works on my car, which is 7/18.

My original post if you'd like to check it out: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=10744

Old 07-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Forum Regular

PEOPLE, IT WON'T HURT IF YOU CHECK OUT THIS THREAD:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...5528#post85528

I TOO HAD THIS PROBLEM... MINE WAS RELATED TO THE TRANNY...

1ST PROBLEM:

HESITATION... THE ENGINE SEEMED TO BOG OUT.

2ND PROBLEM:

TRANNY STARTED TO BUCK GOING FROM 2ND TO 3 GEARS (I HAVE AUTOSTICK) WATCH YOUR TACH... I HAD PROBLEMS AT THE 1,500-1,800 RPM RANGE.

3RD PROBLEM:

AND THIS WAS STRANGE... THE REAR WHEEL(S) STARTED TO RUMBLE AS IF I WAS DRIVING OVER SPEED STRIPS (LIKE THE ONES ON THE SHOULDER OF THE HIGHWAY OR THE ONES YOU RIDE OVER APPROACHING A TOLL BOOTH)... THEY CALL IT "DRONING"!

IF YOUR TRANNY STARTS TO BUCK, IT DOES GET WORSE... MAKE SURE WHEN YOU APPROACH A RED LIGHT OR A STOP, DROP THE TRANNY INTO NEUTRAL AS THE CAR WILL B U C K FORWARD... SHARPLY... WITHOUT WARNING AND IF THERE IS A PEDESTRIAN OR EVEN A CAR IN FRONT, IT WILL LUNGE FORWARD EVEN THOUGH YOUR FOOT IS ON BRAKE...

SOMETIMES THE LUNGE FELT AS IF SOMEONE HIT ME FROM THE REAR!!!
SO DROP THE TRANNY IN NEUTRAL WHEN YOU APPROACH A RED OR STOP SIGN...

AND GO TO THAT POST ABOVE AND PRINTOUT WHAT I PROVIDED THERE... IT MAY HELP YOU AND YOUR DEALER.

HAPPY 4TH!!!

J

BUT THE ROAD WAS SMOOTH!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only got 1k on mine but sometimes when I put the pedal to the floor it will take off like a rocket and other times it acts like it has a 4 banger in it!

Any suggestions?

Old 07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
I've only got 1k on mine but sometimes when I put the pedal to the floor it will take off like a rocket and other times it acts like it has a 4 banger in it!

Any suggestions?
Try this:
Throttle Body Adjustment. They say this works on all drive by wire vehicles and resets parameters WITHOUT Having to disconnect battery!

The Throttle is "Drive By Wire" and adapts to your particular driving
style. Do a TBA Throttle body adaptation.

1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.

2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter
turns over.

3. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back
to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas
pedal.

5. Wait 2 mins. for a full alignment.

6. Drive the car as you always do.

Depending on your driving style, this may or may not be a big factor. I do a lot of city driving so
I noticed a big change after erasing my history. It is not hard to do this, just follow the instructions -

Key on, pedal down, 5 sec, key off pedal up, wait 2 minutes.

Keep the key in for the entire thing.

If this doesn't work, disconnect your neg. battery cable for 20 minutes. This will re-set the parameters in the drive-by-wire...