Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire hacks to make it mine!

Old 11-26-2020, 06:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire hacks to make it mine!

Originally Posted by Romad
That is an option but I'd like to make a padded armrest that goes over the console box and cup holder that will raise up when you need to get into the console storage. I saw where someone, here on the forum, had made one but it was a little too padded for my taste. I don't like to lay my sweaty arm on the silver plastic. LoL
Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and welcome to the forum.
There have been a few answers to the "elbow woes", my wife made up some padded arm rests that we customize with names , crossfire emblems, etc.
We usually have some with us at the CAA and eureka events, but anywho. If you're interested, I can speak to my wife for you.
Here's a photo of the one she made for me. The other is a small but firm pillow for long drives for the left elbow....and they are washable.

The following users liked this post:
CROSSFIRERUSH (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 06:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I ordered the stainless steel mess front grill. It was only $27. For the price I can try it and see if I like it. From pictures on the web it seems to look pretty cool. We'll see. I hope I don't destroy my original grill because I had to silicone it on the car, at the bottom, as all but two tabs had broken off and was rattling.

I applied a new product called "Shine Armor Quick Coat Fortify" and looks quite good on the paint. Let's just see how long it lasts! Hope it's not just another gimek "8 oz," $20 gotcha product. Paint feels very slick and smooth and had mixed reviews.

Last edited by Romad; 11-26-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and welcome to the forum.
There have been a few answers to the "elbow woes", my wife made up some padded arm rests that we customize with names , crossfire emblems, etc.
We usually have some with us at the CAA and eureka events, but anywho. If you're interested, I can speak to my wife for you.
Here's a photo of the one she made for me. The other is a small but firm pillow for long drives for the left elbow....and they are washable.
Oh yes I like that!

Old 11-26-2020, 01:08 PM
Forum Regular

I "think" I went a little over the top on style! This eagle license plate looked pretty good on eBay but not so much on my car. Guess I'll switch it over to my red Dodge Ram pickup and look for another plate for the Crossfire. As much as I'm a Patriot I have to knock it down a few bright colors or just remove the whole plate and mount.

Old 11-29-2020, 05:10 PM
Forum Regular

I bought a roll of silver pin-striping and am undecided where I'll put it on. I'd continue following the curve of the rean fender on down to the rear bumper. Can't make the yellow line draw like I want it to but you get the idea. Anyone happen to have any pics of Crossfires that have been pin-striped?

Here's one I just found that forum member "Valk" has done in the manner that I like.

Last edited by Romad; 11-29-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Trip (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the stainless steel mess front grill. It was only $27. For the price I can try it and see if I like it. From pictures on the web it seems to look pretty cool. We'll see. I hope I don't destroy my original grill because I had to silicone it on the car, at the bottom, as all but two tabs had broken off and was rattling.

I applied a new product called "Shine Armor Quick Coat Fortify" and looks quite good on the paint. Let's just see how long it lasts! Hope it's not just another gimek "8 oz," $20 gotcha product. Paint feels very slick and smooth and had mixed reviews.
II too have just recently become a Chrysler crossfire owner and yes I bought the stainless steel mesh grill and it looks and fits perfectly

Old 12-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular

My new grill came in today. I installed it and I think I like it more than the original. Also swapped Eagle Plates with my truck. My truck is red so it's more at home there. Brake disc's and pads are here also so maybe this weekend I can do that work.

Trip (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Forum Regular

Just had my windows tinted. Should have done windshield too.

Last edited by Romad; 12-03-2020 at 04:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Romad:
CROSSFIRERUSH (12-04-2020), Trip (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I almost pulled the trigger on the 27.00 grill for my coupe, it looks good. They have gone up to 40.00 now on flea bay. I was thinking of blacking it out. That was the lowest price I had seen and they looked just like the grills that are much more. Romad, what part of Fla are you in? I Grew up in Ocala , about 90 mins inland from Daytona.

This forum is the best! I had always driven Vettes but I am on my 2nd Coupe. First was a Limited NA, now I have a SRT-6 that I plan on keeping forever! With the help from these guys I have learned so much about these cars and how to work on them. ALA_XFIRE has a link in his Sig that is priceless. Buy a few spare parts and a small tool bag after doing the service on the cars and you will have years of trouble free fun.

I started out with the Bluetooth setup just like your but on this car I went with a different head unit that looks to match spot on and has BT and was cheap. It came with a few marine speakers that I will use at the boat so it worked out well. Less than 60 bucks to the door. I got the OEM unit pulled but got busy with family. Enjoy the car!

Trip (12-06-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VintageBikesUSA
I almost pulled the trigger on the 27.00 grill for my coupe, it looks good. They have gone up to 40.00 now on flea bay. I was thinking of blacking it out. That was the lowest price I had seen and they looked just like the grills that are much more. Romad, what part of Fla are you in? I Grew up in Ocala , about 90 mins inland from Daytona.

This forum is the best! I had always driven Vettes but I am on my 2nd Coupe. First was a Limited NA, now I have a SRT-6 that I plan on keeping forever! With the help from these guys I have learned so much about these cars and how to work on them. ALA_XFIRE has a link in his Sig that is priceless. Buy a few spare parts and a small tool bag after doing the service on the cars and you will have years of trouble free fun.

I started out with the Bluetooth setup just like your but on this car I went with a different head unit that looks to match spot on and has BT and was cheap. It came with a few marine speakers that I will use at the boat so it worked out well. Less than 60 bucks to the door. I got the OEM unit pulled but got busy with family. Enjoy the car!
My grill was $27 shipped. I also bought a cheap single DIN radio with Bluetooth, adapter cable and antenna adapter. Gotta be better than what I have now with the faulty volume control and no Bluetooth. The BT that plugs into the cig lighter sucks. If the SRT-6 comes along as a too good to pass up it will be mine. I live in Tampa.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:19 PM

My new grill came in today. I installed it and I think I like it more than the original. Also swapped Eagle Plates with my truck. My truck is red so it's more at home there. Brake disc's and pads are here also so maybe this weekend I can do that work.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:21 PM

My grill was $27 shipped. I also bought a cheap single DIN radio with Bluetooth, adapter cable and antenna adapter. Gotta be better than what I have now with the faulty volume control and no Bluetooth. The BT that plugs into the cig lighter sucks. If the SRT-6 comes along as a too good to pass up it will be mine. I live in Tampa.
I I got mine for about 40 and then I got the old Mercedes medallion for 15 I just went and cracked my Chrysler logos off this afternoon

Old 12-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trip
I I got mine for about 40 and then I got the old Mercedes medallion for 15 I just went and cracked my Chrysler logos off this afternoon
Show some close up pics of the new Mercedes medlalions when you get them put on. Wondering how the finished fit will look.

Trip (12-03-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular

My new "cheap" $29 radio arrived today but am now waiting for the antenna adapter. Not too wild about the gold color but it had the functions that I was interested in. I'll know if I messed up after I get it installed. LoL It's like the old saying goes, "You pay less you get less!" I haven't figured out what's going to holding the radio in the dash though.

Last edited by Romad; 12-04-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:52 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

that metal case surrounding it with all those bendable tabs is first inserted into the radio hole and secured by bending the proper fitting tabs up/down.
Then the cheap-*** radio just slides in. The two metal things pictured are the tools to then remove the radio when you realize you just wasted $29.

The following 2 users liked this post by ala_xfire:
CROSSFIRERUSH (12-04-2020), Trip (12-04-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
that metal case surrounding it with all those bendable tabs is first inserted into the radio hole and secured by bending the proper fitting tabs up/down.
Then the cheap-*** radio just slides in. The two metal things pictured are the tools to then remove the radio when you realize you just wasted $29.
Thank you! That info helped a lot. I was able to get the cage off and am waiting for the antenna adapter so I can get it installed. I'm not much of a music fan but listen to a lot of talk radio. If it has a working volume control and has Bluetooth I should be a happy camper. The first two black buttons, bottom row, are for answering Bluetooth and hanging up. Won't have to mess with phone at all.

Last edited by Romad; 12-04-2020 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:29 PM
Received 586 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
😉 ..........

Old 12-04-2020, 06:11 PM

Show some close up pics of the new Mercedes medlalions when you get them put on. Wondering how the finished fit will look.

Of of course it decides to rain as I'm doing them

Old 12-04-2020, 07:01 PM
Forum Regular

Wow! They look really good! Where did you buy the Mercedes badges? Are they metal?

Old 12-04-2020, 11:55 PM
Received 586 Likes on 489 Posts

I wish I could find the reason why somebody who owns a Chrysler would want the person in the car behind them think they were behind a Mercedes Crossfire.
The Crossfire was the talk of the town in 2002 and now people are trying to hide it in plain sight.
I realize that the car has fallen in price that but adding cheap badges and radios makes it even cheaper.
Making it mine often makes nobody else want it.😏

Quick Reply: Crossfire hacks to make it mine!