Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Questions for Chrysler Reps

Old 07-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for Chrysler Reps

OK, we seem to have a couple of Chrysler reps that pop into here, so I would like to ask some questions that have floated around here a few times and see if they can help.

1) Is there any way to disable (w/o rewiring) the seatbelt alarm? I am not talking for constant driving, but for times like drive-thru windows or ATM/bank teller. I know it has to be possible because it has turned itself off at times, I believe linked to pressing the garage opener button, but only after driving for several minutes. But I can't get it to consistently do it. It is not only aggravating, but not safe to have to keep the belt on when you need to dig in your pocket for money or atm card. And the ding is so loud that blocks out what I am trying to hear from a teller.

2) Can you make the alarm beep (low volume) when locking/unlocking? I have had my car for 6 months and already it seems my range is getting near nil. I feel like I am getting obsessive compulsive with locking my car, never sure if I saw the flashes, especially on sunny days. Not too mention embarrassing when you hit the unlock several times, tell a guest its unlocked, and then they can't get in.

Yes, these are minor things, but its minor things that leave an iffy impression on people.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Questions for Chrysler Reps

if you put the car in park while waiting for the bank teller or using the ATM, i don't think the seatbelt alarm will go off. "unsafe"??? c'mon now.

and it sounds like its time to change your batteries. there is a way that one push will unlock both doors and the trunk; i think you hold either the lock or the unlock button for five seconds and look at the LED on top for some flashes, or something similar.

these should be the worst things that ever happen to you --

Old 07-19-2005, 07:25 PM

It will actually beep at you if the car is still running and you take off your seatbelt; so will some (or maybe all) of the Dodges too. It's not "unsafe", just annoying. If it's that much of a problem (I've never had to take my seatbelt off in a drive-through for food and I don't use drive through ATM's) then just turn your car off while at the bank since that can take longer (than a fast-food place).

And an fyi, these "Chrysler reps" that post work for BBDO, one of Chrysler's ad agencies; they don't actually work for DaimlerChrysler and probably do not hold the answers you are seeking...

Last edited by MoparAlleyCat; 07-19-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
[..] there is a way that one push will unlock both doors and the trunk; i think you hold either the lock or the unlock button for five seconds and look at the LED on top for some flashes, or something similar.[...]
Hold BOTH buttons of the remote for 5s, the red led flashes - done. Same for programming the other way round. Try... don't have to near the car.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Batteries may be low, but that's not the point. I would still like a confirmation that doesn't require me to make sure the lights flash. When I get out of the car, I don't want to have to walk to the front of the car and press the button to verify its locked. And some others have claimed they have had/have a beep, so I figure its built into the system somehow.

The seat belt beep does not stop even if in park. I have managed to get it to stop only a couple times after pressing the universal control button for my garage door, but other times that doesn't do it. And it is very difficult to grab anything out of my pockets with the seat belt on, not to mention reaching out to most atms is damn near impossible. And this too is something I have heard others say is possible to be turned off.

And I know these are minor issues, and I with they were my only ones, they are just 2 things that bug me that I think can easily be remedied hopefully on my own. I have stopped trying to have my Chrysler work on other issues cause it seems to get other problems everytime I take it to them... Wind noise/leaky window seal (got me some nice hand prints on my head liner and some scratches on my door). Rattling rear hatch (solution was to put a pile of grease where each bumper hits, didn't fix it. But I did get a nice grease stain reaching into trunk, and an additional rattle has appeared), cd skips (solution... no solution told that's the way it is). Drivers side heated seat barely gets warm, and won't go into high when its under 10 degrees (told that's as good as it gets... not comforting for WI below zero driving). Driver side door doesn't close flush (twice showed 'tech' how other new crossfires are closed flush, but he 'forgot' to try to adjust after I left it there).

Old 07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular

Christo, sorry to hear about all your issues. Shame your dealer didn't work properly. What's he gonna do about the scratches he left behind? And the messy headliner? For the rattling hatch there's a TSB, for the flush door too. My CD never skips, and never should do, it's not the way it is! Unless you hit the top of the dashboard (I remarked yesterday. ;-) For the seat heating I have no experience. But surely doesn't sound to be normal. The more as your side is working.

Maybe you need to change the mech/dealer.

Good luck.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:42 AM

I didn't have problems with my CD skipping (unless I hit a nasty bump), but I did have issues with it freezing (the radio too) and they ended up having to replace the stereo. You could see if they find a code for it; mine popped up when they ran a test on it.

It definitely sounds like you need to find a more friendly dealer though. Sorry you've had said issues with the car...

Old 07-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Forum Regular

My UK Crossfire doesn't beep when the seat belt it not on. Maybe this is a US spec problem.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, its US law to have a chime that continuously beeps when the driver is not wearing a seatbelt, IIRC.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
yes, its US law to have a chime that continuously beeps when the driver is not wearing a seatbelt, IIRC.
...then why didn't my 2003 Mazda do this?

Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by juddz
it wasn't mandated until 2004.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by juddz
My '04 Mazda never did this either. My '04 Dodge did however.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
it wasn't mandated until 2004.
Which could also mean that it wouldn't show up until 2005 models since most car makers are "ahead" a year technically. (2004's come out in mid to late 2003...) Just a thought.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Forum Regular

Most of US cars were equipped with the seat belt warning noise long time ago. Even my '00 PT, which was made for Europe, beeped 3 times when I started without the belt and showed the red sign on the display. As the crossfire was basically made for US market, I suppose they simply added this feature, by habit. My european xf version doesn't even light the warning sign on the display.