Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Sprint Booster vs Old Sprint Booster

Old 02-16-2022, 10:59 PM
Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts
Default New Sprint Booster vs Old Sprint Booster

Hi!

My car came with a sprint booster I assume is an older model..it did not have numbers on it but rather Green light, red light and no light (stock).
I always liked the small improvement in lag response the spring booster provided.
I guess there is a new version of that sprint booster out now that comes with the colors and also numbers. Is that essentially the same or does it increase performance more so than mine?

Does someone have instructions on how to install a sprint booster? Mine stopped working the other day and I hope it's just a loose connector.
Are there instructions on the forum for that?

Thanks for all your help,

Nick

Old 02-20-2022, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Sprint Booster vs Old Sprint Booster

install:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t-booster.html

read through the sprintbooster posts and some users years ago had same issue with fix.

youll find it under Troubleshooting, Technical, and Modifications section.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cub Fan
install:

read through the sprintbooster posts and some users years ago had same issue with fix.

youll find it under Troubleshooting, Technical, and Modifications section.
Thanks so much for this. Read through it all and was able to "fix" my sprint booster. It works so well. Man I started with the sprint booster on when I got this car so when it didn't work the car felt like someone chopped it's legs off. It's crazy what this little $280 tool does. Would never want to miss it. Thanks again man

Old 02-20-2022, 06:56 PM
Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

I am personally not a fan of the Sprint Booster. All it really does is shorten the factory pedal info that is sent to the physical throttle so the physical throttle is opened further with less pedal movement. At full pedal and full throttle both end up the at the same place being wide open. If ya want to go faster, quicker just get a heavier foot, save the $ and get on it more.

The following users liked this post:
GraphiteGhost (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 08:56 PM
Received 384 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepsea21
I am personally not a fan of the Sprint Booster. All it really does is shorten the factory pedal info that is sent to the physical throttle so the physical throttle is opened further with less pedal movement. At full pedal and full throttle both end up the at the same place being wide open. If ya want to go faster, quicker just get a heavier foot, save the $ and get on it more.

Exactly, been saying this for many years.

Old 02-20-2022, 09:02 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 472 Likes on 329 Posts

At full pedal and full throttle both end up the at the same place being wide open
I disagree.....
The sprint booster opens the throttle faster than a just a full down press of the pedal
I had one of the original ones and I installed it on my first Crossfire way back in 2007
The Roadster I have now has one as well
Ya cant match the quick response of the throttle without one IMO

Old 02-20-2022, 11:25 PM

I definitely disagree. I am amazed at how much more "fun" it makes the car. I understand it's just throttle response and of course doesn't increase HP but it sure feels so much more responsive, fun and more like this car should have felt stock. I have had this sprint booster on for years and the other day it stopped working...immediately the car felt "lazy" and lacking and it was just because I was used to the quicker response. Fixed the little thing and man I would never want to miss it anymore. Of course to each its own!