Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Embarrasing news for the Crossfire

Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Embarrasing news for the Crossfire

Everyone who looks at my car asks who made it, even though the Chrysler badge is right there. They think it's a Porsche at first glance, and I haven't seen another American or Japanese car that you could say that about. I'm just a lover of German and Italian design, and even though the Solstice, 350Z, etc. are nice looking they are just not my cup of tea. I think the Solstice will sell well, because they are small, cheap (for a two seater), and are a huge change from the normal Pontiac. I just think the "Ricer" cars are still big (even though 2 Fast 2 Furious has played out) and performance along with refinement goes the wayside of "coffee can" exhaust and bling rims. I love the four bangers that pull up the light next to me and rev their engine... like I'm going to waste my gas to prove that they have a stock engine. Sorry for going off subject.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had my AMX for nearly 36 years and some people still come up to me at car shows, gas stations, wherever, and say to me, "Cool car, what is it, who makes it, where's the back seat?" Something tells me the same thing is going to happen with the Crossfire (especially if they stop production next year). So everybody might as well clear your calendars now and pencil in a little extra time for almost any trip you're planning to make in your XF, because the curiosity seekers are going to be out there for a long time. Learn to enjoy it if you haven't already.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:03 AM
xfire embrace

Originally Posted by +fireamx
I've had my AMX for nearly 36 years and some people still come up to me at car shows, gas stations, wherever, and say to me, "Cool car, what is it, who makes it, where's the back seat?" Something tells me the same thing is going to happen with the Crossfire (especially if they stop production next year). So everybody might as well clear your calendars now and pencil in a little extra time for almost any trip you're planning to make in your XF, because the curiosity seekers are going to be out there for a long time. Learn to enjoy it if you haven't already.
I have had my share and still enjoying it. And I like that quote...very much.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what a NICE REAR-END does for you! Ha Ha!

Old 09-13-2005, 11:11 AM

This is very true indeed. On my last outing this past Saturday I couldn't get myself away from the health food store since EVERYONE who worked there wanted to come out and see the car. I have never had so much attention driving a car in my life!! If you don't want to talk about your car and let people sit in it etc...then don't buy a Crossfire. The one lady said I bet this set you back a bunch...don't they list for 60,000? I just had to laugh and when I told her the real price she couldn't believe it. The car looks much more expensive then it is and the fact you don't see many of them on the road just adds to them thinking that.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Forum Regular

got mine, can't wait till you can't buy a new one any more. just like all my cars. drove 250 miles in so cal today and did not see another crossfire. gotta love that.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:21 AM

Well I don't have much experience with muscle cars, since I've only just started being able to afford a nicer car. The Crossfire is the first car I bought that makes people heads turn while I drive it down the street. Most people ask me, why I didn't get a 350Z and I tell them because I didn't want a "To Fast To Hideous" style car it's just not me. I like the classy luxury style that the XFire has. It's still has some get up and go and that's all I wanted, not some car that everyone else has. I have a Jeep already, I don't need another car that's just like everyone else's.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:22 PM

To IRAFATSAR: You're absolutely right. I drove from Akron Oh. to Port Canaveral Fla. in Aug. and never saw one XF until we got to Port Canaveral. Then we saw that one twice in two days.

To SLIMXF: I never heard that "2 Fast 2 Hideous" quote before. Made me LOL!

Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM

Slimxf,

Are you sure you're only 22?

You're alright!

Old 09-14-2005, 01:54 PM

Yeah I'm only 22 for a couple more days at least!

Old 09-15-2005, 01:05 AM
xfire embrace

Originally Posted by SlimCrossfire
Well I don't have much experience with muscle cars, since I've only just started being able to afford a nicer car. The Crossfire is the first car I bought that makes people heads turn while I drive it down the street. Most people ask me, why I didn't get a 350Z and I tell them because I didn't want a "To Fast To Hideous" style car it's just not me. I like the classy luxury style that the XFire has. It's still has some get up and go and that's all I wanted, not some car that everyone else has. I have a Jeep already, I don't need another car that's just like everyone else's.
I agree and my way of putting it, I don't want a car just like everyone else's.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:08 AM
xfire embrace

Originally Posted by SlimCrossfire
Yeah I'm only 22 for a couple more days at least!
Guess we shall celebrate together j/k tho I have almost couple of weeks to hang on to my present age.

Happy birthday in advance if I am not around.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Forum Regular

To IRAFATSAR: You're absolutely right. I drove from Akron Oh. to Port Canaveral Fla. in Aug. and never saw one XF until we got to Port Canaveral. Then we saw that one twice in two days.

To SLIMXF: I never heard that "2 Fast 2 Hideous" quote before. Made me LOL!
Did you ever hear of the Movie "The Slow & the Frustrating" before?
Well that's what I always called it.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Forum Regular

Xfire Embrace,
Happy Birthday ahead of time, I hope you enjoy the days leading up to it as much as the actual day.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 AM

To saskins: Nope, that's a new one on me too. By the way, Congrats to your Father!

Last edited by +fireamx; 09-15-2005 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 AM

Yeah man Happy birthday to you too, depending on how many weeks it is you might be celebrating around my wife's birthday.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:36 AM
xfire embrace

Since it is 15th of the month, 11 days to go.
And its cool we'll be a trio. Triple celebration.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:41 AM
xfire embrace

Saskins,
Thank you for the sweet thought. I will remember that to overcome my sadness not able to be at home (my own country) on the actual day or few days earlier.

Old 09-15-2005, 04:55 AM

Yeah I never heard that one before saskins. My friends and I also refer to the ricer cars as "To fast to ferocious" but I think the to hideous is my favorite one.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:36 AM
xfire embrace

Originally Posted by xfire embrace
Since it is 15th of the month, 11 days to go.
And its cool we'll be a trio. Triple celebration.
Sorry I've missed out this.

SlimCrossfire,
Thank you for the wish and to your "the wife" too.

Quick Reply: Embarrasing news for the Crossfire