Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

06 honda civic`

Old 09-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 honda civic`

Hey, my parents wanted me to get an S2000 over the x-fire b/c of good mileage and resale value from Honda. But i couldn't resist the sexy sharp look of the Crossfire. My sister has on 03' Civic, and i never really liked Civics, they weren't very attractive to me. But i just saw the new 06' Civic online. Even though it doesn't have power under the hood. The thing looks dam hot. If you get a chance check it out. I mean for $18,000 that's a sweet ar. The interior and exterior have been totally redesigned to make it look more sporty and curvaceous. Check it out.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civics/index.aspx

Old 09-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 06 honda civic`

sorry, its a Civic.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Talking Re: 06 honda civic`

06' mistu eclipse?

Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Forum Regular

The new Civic SI is a very nice lookin' ride, I'd hit it!

Old 09-02-2005, 08:26 PM

I actually think the restyling looks really good. I wouldn't buy one, but since civic is one of the best selling cars, I concur the redesign is a plus.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:46 PM

kinda looks like an evolved RSX (the two door version).

Old 09-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular

um, hmm... there's a saying, civics are like tampons, every ***** has one. Umm. a ricer? 18k - get a 01' - 03' mustang gt, supercharge it, and leave the lil rice boxes with fart cans behind. or srt-4. A base civic? not the si? nice ecno car, but performance? nope. if u want power and a car for light to light, and some strip, get a stang imo. rear wheel is the way to go but this is all my opinion and no one take offense to my statements as they are just in general and imo. thanks, ps. the only eclipse worth getting is the gt, the rest are like a v6 stang. pretty much pointless. and since the gt is well over 18k not really an option. is there a price limit? get what your going to be happy with.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Forum Regular

Why did they make it a minivan?

Old 09-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Forum Regular

Oh. Never mind. It looks like a playschool automobile.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm...never heard that "tampon/Civic" quote before, and here I am with two Civics in my garage. Guess I'm going to have dust off the Viper for a quick "testosterone fix" before I start getting the urge to play with my daughters dolls. But with gas at $3.50 a gal., threatening to go to 4 or $5, maybe I'll just have to live with that "girlie-man" persona and be satisfied with 40 mpg.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Forum Regular

the quote was to no one in general. but where i live all the kids do is run around in their lil civics that mommy and daddy bought and slap a fart can on them with some rims and the occasional "unpainted" body kit and then think their tough ****. Their annoying where I am. instead of making your car sound like a lawn mower or weed whacker, they should buy a nice big v8 with a nice exhaust note. and civics are nice economy/family cars. but for those who want to have some fun, a car with decent "go" power, and can handle like a charm and stop on a dime, my choice would not be a civic. Generally civic buyers are more "practical" buyers while sports car buyers are "performance" oriented. Civics are good cars, reliable, good fuel economy, practical and etc. im just not a fan of the "weed whacker on wheels replicas" in regards to the gas here is what i wrote in a different thread.

gas prices (post katrina)

With gas prices at the levels they are, I can understand for some its hard to pay more, but think about it this way. Average miles a year a person drives 15,000/20 mpg avg. (most cars pull 25 mpg average imo, depending on how you drive) people driving luxury sports cars such as the crossfire, bmw's mercedes, and big SUV's shouldn't even consider gas prices where they are now an issue. It comes with the ownership of the car. If you can't afford gas for a 40k vehicle, then how can you pay for it, or pay for maintenance, insurance and etc? (ie. hummers, escalades, navigators) anyways. 15,000 miles traveled/20 mpg = 750 gallons of gas needed a year, lets say that on average gas has gone from approx $2.25 - $3.00 a gallon, a increase of $0.75.

750 gallons x $0.75 = $562.5 more a year/12 months =$46.875/52 weeks= $10.8173 a week more or/365 days = $1.5411 more a day. A $1.54!!! I can find this walking a parking lot at a mall or ask 4 people to "borrow" 50 cents a day and your covered, and some.

It is tragic in regards to the conditions in the south but, people need to turn the news on and realize how lucky they are. But while people are driving around to stores, or enjoying home cooked meals, there are americans fighting to survive, just looking for clean water to drink. Just imagine if and when a catastrophic event affects the entire nation or world. If people can't survive now, then the world is doomed. Not because of lack of resources, but because of greed and the ways of mankind. I'm only 20 and hope to have a long future ahead of me, but I almost can't imagine what it will be like 50 years from now. Think gas is high now? Just wait. I thought and you would think after 9/11 america would be stronger, closer, and more prepared.

"The past is history, learn from it, the present is now, act on it, the future is tomorrow, plan for it."

9/11 happened, and did we learn from it? Doesn't seem like it to me. The hurricane tragedy has occurred, what's being done? Nothing? Anyone see footage of the people outside of the stadium? I saw no police, military, rescue, red cross, or fema present. Did the government know this was coming in advance? Yes. Did they know about the dangers of a major hurricane flooding that region? Yes, ws there a good plan? NOPE.

Sorry for the long post.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:45 PM

To TCK, I didn't say I couldn't afford it, (gasoline) I just don't like being, the victim of "Highway Robbery", that all the oil Companies are perpetrating upon the American public.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:03 AM
GPF

Originally Posted by +fireamx
To TCK, I didn't say I couldn't afford it, (gasoline) I just don't like being, the victim of "Highway Robbery", that all the oil Companies are perpetrating upon the American public.
Please stop being ignorant. Nobody is 'perpetrating' on you. Now, I know you're going to totally ignore this post, but that's fine.

Unlike Europe and some other countries, the US does not store up refined products. Instead, we store crude. This is the primary reason for the floating gas prices we pay. There is a much smaller amount of storage for refined products. When the stored refined gasoline begins to become tight, gas companies raise prices to slow demand. When the stores raise again, the price drops to keep the refineries running to fill the temporary stores of refined product.

This info is available to pretty much everyone...even you. This temporary spike in gas prices is directly tied to worries about refined product shortages. Higher prices slow demand. With slower demand, the temporary storage fills. The refineries in Louisiana are not destroyed, and neither are the pipelines. They are merely missing power. When power is restored, the refineries will be able to supply refined products to temporary storage once again.

Crude deliveries have been impacted, but not to a ridiculous level. It's the lack of power that makes pumping oil difficult. Restored electricity will restart refining and refill the supplies. When the supplies refill, prices will lower once again.

So, the crux of this whole situation is that with a little patience, we'll have affordable gasoline once again. This is a temporary situation that will correct soon enough.

Or, you can continue to believe doomsayers. Your choice. I've done the research and I'm not very worried about things in the medium to long term.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular

GPF, good job, you've done your homework. As oil is clearly not the issue, the Strategic Petroleum Reserve has 700.6 million barrels of crude oil stored, its the actual gas that is low on supply, high on demand.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 PM

Stupid me, here all along I was thinking we were just getting "ripped off" at the pumps because the oil companies were taking advantage of a horrendous situation in the gulf coast region. Thanks so much for setting me straight.
I guess what I should have said was that I wasn't very happy about being a "forced" contributor to the major oil companies astronomical 3rd 1/4 profits this year. (By the way, one oil companies profits was listed recently and it was several billion dollars more than 2nd place). But not to disparage an entire industry, and their philanthropic nature, Shell Oil just announced they were going to donate 3 million towards disaster relief. Oh yea and Leona Helmsly "the queen of mean" donated 5 mil. and Wal-Mart just pledged 15 mil. so I guess that just goes to show we all give what we can.
I do have one question. "Just exactly when in recent history has elevated gasoline prices cut demand?" Sounds good in theory though.
Look guys, I'm not going to pretend I understand all the ins & outs or the economic intricacies or variables of the worlds oil economies, obviously you do. Congratulations! (Economics 101 was a very long time ago for me) And if you think I'm ignorant for not doing my homework, then so be it.
But if you honestly believe that when large corporations like (oil companies, utilities, pharmaceutical mfgs) just to name a few, post unimaginable profits, that it doesn't mean that we as consumers are getting robbed, then I guess I really don't understand today's economy.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In your way of thinking + fireamx, it's the whole world that's being robbed, because we are not the only country that's suffering in high gas prices. Your mindset is very discouraging...I call it class envy.

Without these big companies...you think you can afford a crossfire? Be thankful for them, and if they make money...that's what business is all about!

Old 09-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the crossfirekid...have you contributed any money to help the people of New Orleans, since you think the government don't have a good plan? You and Kenya West were a disgrace to the American people in times like this! If you are better than the government, then you should be a very successful person then...and I hope you're not just another bum living in social security check. You are just saying this because, it's not a liberal sitting in the White House! Do you think the libs can do better? Just look at what happened in Sudan...that's a plain example of a lame government!

Old 09-04-2005, 01:01 AM

To: Cyril Baldwin, You're absolutely right. Just like Michael Douglas said in Wall Street, "Greed is good". Thanks for reminding me.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Forum Regular

Hmmm. So the world is being robbed. That's a pretty bold statement yourself. So if you think people are being overcharged, than go right ahead and find a way to power your crossfire with out gas, or heat/cool your house. And don't say hybrid or an electrical, cause it takes natural resources to make electricity. And for the "American" govt take as long as it did to actually get up and do something they should of and could of done a lot better job. Their response was slow as HE!! Especially for responding to a catastrophic event on American soil. Hmm... lets see. Some douche bags accidentally knock down two towers, and crash four planes, so were going to respond immediately and this will only make America stronger, but that's ok. Cause now were going to spend an unimaginable amount of money to go to war to find a bigger douche, the biggest of them all in a lil hole in the ground. And YOU can't forget about Osama, whatever happened to that bast*rd? The mastermind. Looks like he wins, towers fall, America is hit hard by this event, and he gets away. But all this doesn't matter cause we went to war not only for terrorism, but weapons of mass destruction. Oh wait, there WEREN'T ANY. The hurricane cause more damage than any amount of weapons that were found. Wow, I'm glad people are over there dying including american soldiers for, what was it? WMD? Terrorism? Oh to free Iraq? Hmm.. Yeah that's great, lets free Iraq and set their govt up like ours, then they'll be like Americas lil bit*h. And I'm sure none of this relates to oil. It's a game, America wanted to capture Sadam rather than let him die naturally, and to get control of Iraq for oil supply. And they were just hoping to get lucky and find some wmd. So while our troops are overseas freeing Iraq, Americans are dying and suffering on American soil. Way to go Dick N Bush. And the mayor of New Orleans himself said, the gov't was lazy and needed to get up off its as*. But hey the gov't can't go after the hurricane and make themselves look like the good guys, like they can terrorists, so what's the rush right? And posting this I'm sure will get lots of comments both negative and bad, but is imo and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:37 PM

just wondering, how did this thread go from honda civic to oil to hurricane katrina? lol.

Quick Reply: 06 honda civic`