Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Cabin moisture on carpet at the rear of seat floor after heavy rain?

Old 03-04-2023, 10:41 AM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: Cabin moisture on carpet at the rear of seat floor after heavy rain?

Originally Posted by UrbanE
ok I get it, but then second question, why not park in a different location. You’ve indicated on more than one occasion that your vehicle is “low mile like new condition”. How does a, like new car, get plugged tubes in a year or less of ownership? I have never have an issue with any vehicle left outside, cover or not. Just moving it would be a cost effective solution.

Where do you park so that is gets plugged often. How did it happen so quickly?
So I owned a NA Coupe, bought in 2010 with around 42,000 on it. Had that vehicle till April of last year at what point I purchased a SRT Roadster with 25,000 on it.
The Coupe at the time had 128,000 on the clock when I sold it. That car was primarily sitting outside under trees to get shade and when not driven for a few days under a cover.
The trees gave the car some nice shade but living in Florida by the beach it gets windy/breezy a lot so those leafs/debris/pollen geckos, snakes, alligators and whatever else not (lol) entered the area by the windshield.
The SRT is parked in the garage at my new house now but at the time I wasn't able to do that for the Coupe.

All that said...my posts were meant for the original poster. HIS vehicle sits outside and HIS vehicle had a leak from rain so all the solutions were meant for HIM not for ME. So it's an odd solution when someone tells ya he parks his vehicle outside to suggest to maybe move it to a garage but to each its own. Some people don't have that opportunity and that's perfectly fine. We are trying to find constructive solutions here are we not?

Old 03-05-2023, 01:56 PM
Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Re: Cabin moisture on carpet at the rear of seat floor after heavy rain?

We are trying to find constructive solutions here are we not?[/QUOTE]

completely agree
moisture in the cabin
constructive solutions:
park it somewhere else
park it in a garage
park it with a cover
check for window leaks
or just maintain it

My intent is to beat this to thread completely to death so that it stops showing up as a new post.
By eliminating this one, we can spend even more time rehashing the need to further discuss really important issues like new/spare key, SKREEM. RCM

we don’t address these topics nearly enough.

Old 03-05-2023, 02:09 PM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts

New problem to a new member, old topic for most of us. Still try to help

Old 03-05-2023, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by dcskmail
New problem to a new member, old topic for most of us. Still try to help
According to what UrbanE said, we could basically shut down the forum and just point new members towards the search feature.
I will never understand the arrogance of certain members of our car community when new people ask questions that possibly have been discussed before. Either help with constructive feedback or keep quiet is my opinion.

I will forever love the solution to the OP's concern to just park his vehicle in a garage.
Not sure if that is entitlement at it's best or simply a severe lack of self awareness but that comment is FANTASTIC!!! What a winner!

​​​

Old 03-05-2023, 11:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
According to what UrbanE said, we could basically shut down the forum and just point new members towards the search feature.
I will never understand the arrogance of certain members of our car community when new people ask questions that possibly have been discussed before. Either help with constructive feedback or keep quiet is my opinion.

I will forever love the solution to the OP's concern to just park his vehicle in a garage.
Not sure if that is entitlement at it's best or simply a severe lack of self awareness but that comment is FANTASTIC!!! What a winner!

​​​
You are the one that supposedly lives on an island and in a super rich neighborhood. You need to get over yourself first. Lol

Old 03-06-2023, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ronman
You are the one that supposedly lives on an island and in a super rich neighborhood. You need to get over yourself first. Lol
The Three Stooges are back together? I love it!!! Welcome back old friend!! Already missed ya!! Wanna share any input that can help the OP besides "just park your vehicle in a garage".

Old 03-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
The Three Stooges are back together? I love it!!! Welcome back old friend!! Already missed ya!! Wanna share any input that can help the OP besides "just park your vehicle in a garage".
Yes Little Nicky since you are supposedly fluent in German, go to the German forum instead. It is slow there and they probably wouldn't mind your annoying posts.

Old 03-06-2023, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ronman
Yes Little Nicky since you are supposedly fluent in German, go to the German forum instead. It is slow there and they probably wouldn't mind your annoying posts.
I love how you two show up to each other's rescue. Mommy called that her son is being bullied! Lol
​My posts can be as annoying to you as you want but it sure at least pointed the OP in the right direction whereas your post has no value whatsoever and your pal UrbanE's is probably the most ridiculous and entitled post I have seen in a long time.
So far removed from reality that he didn't even realize that there is people who keep their vehicle outside. And he was shocked that folks would resort to cleaning the cowl once a year. That concept is so foreign to him and yet there are sticky posts where members resorted to drilling holes into the cowl for easier access and making it possibly to clean said area periodically.
Maybe in Canada there aren't any trees but to the rest of us this isn't news.

I just love that my presence annoys two grown men so much. Get a grip if yourselves fellas!
Since you guys love to call people names as we know from the past,

​​​​​Little Nicky aka Tricky Nicky out

PS kannst mich am Hinterteil lecken!

Old 03-07-2023, 01:22 AM
Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts

Nick
Oh stop boo boo hooing
you sound just like just Phil
always hurt feelings and gums flapping like a barn door

No worries about the number of trees here and I completely understand parking outside. Sometimes the garage is full and ya just gotta park it outside. Even parked outside, I just don’t understand how the tubes can fill that fast. How do you walk by the car and not see the mess of leaves and debris and not do something about it.

It would appear that you’re not dialed in on the tree situation here. It’s Canada…..
But, as evidenced by the content of your posts I’m not surprised by your lack of awareness.

I’m super happy the OP received the assistance he was looking for. As to earlier reference to Search. Yep you bet. Everyone that posts asking for assistance should search first. It makes better use of all of our time when the leg work has been done. Solutions attempted and circle back around when it works or it doesn’t.

That’s always worked for me. Identify the problem and attempt the solution. I never said don’t post. I would just like to see more research before “why won’t my car start”. There are probably a thousand reply to those common threads and yet the same questions get asked every week. I don’t get it.

I see many posts where the first post is a plea for help and then 10 replies flow in and no one ever hears back. It’s annoying.

but many are more than happy to enable.

super impressed that you can use Google translate. Good on you, proud of your mastery of all available technology.

Old 03-07-2023, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Nick
Oh stop boo boo hooing
you sound just like just Phil
always hurt feelings and gums flapping like a barn door

No worries about the number of trees here and I completely understand parking outside. Sometimes the garage is full and ya just gotta park it outside. Even parked outside, I just don’t understand how the tubes can fill that fast. How do you walk by the car and not see the mess of leaves and debris and not do something about it.

It would appear that you’re not dialed in on the tree situation here. It’s Canada…..
But, as evidenced by the content of your posts I’m not surprised by your lack of awareness.

I’m super happy the OP received the assistance he was looking for. As to earlier reference to Search. Yep you bet. Everyone that posts asking for assistance should search first. It makes better use of all of our time when the leg work has been done. Solutions attempted and circle back around when it works or it doesn’t.

That’s always worked for me. Identify the problem and attempt the solution. I never said don’t post. I would just like to see more research before “why won’t my car start”. There are probably a thousand reply to those common threads and yet the same questions get asked every week. I don’t get it.

I see many posts where the first post is a plea for help and then 10 replies flow in and no one ever hears back. It’s annoying.

but many are more than happy to enable.

super impressed that you can use Google translate. Good on you, proud of your mastery of all available technology.
This is the most sensible post of your's all week! I respect that.
And I understand that sometimes it can be frustrating when the same stuff is discussed over and over again but newbies don't know that.
New folks most of the time have never even heard of this forum and stumble upon it once they have an issue. Then when they are in a bind or worried about their car they introduce themselves and ask the question.
I get it, that can be annoying to long time members but it is what it is and we can either help or not respond at all.

It's funny that you still think I don't speak German. As a matter of fact English is not my first language. Military brat born in Bamberg. My mother is German my dad is American. We also lived in Oberstdorf for a few years, beautiful small town (most southern town in Germany (Bavaria) on border to Austria.
When I went into the service myself I returned to Germany for two years and my sister, brother in law and niece all live there besides other relatives so I usually go to see them twice a year (I know, they can keep me there as far as you are concerned).

So since that is cleared up now, I give you probs for a decent post but I'm sure your daddy Ron is coming to put in his 2 cents momentarily.
Btw still not sure who that Phil guy is you guys always refer to. Last time you called me Canadian Phil. But just like last time it just shows that you two are nothing but insecure bullies and this isn't the first time you do this.
Problem is, I have seen people like you all my life. Tough guys in groups but really just insecure and jealous, which is why you got so upset that I didn't see why I should spend all the money to turn a NA Crossfire into an SRT6 like you did. I just went and bought a low mileage model. Besides if you already went the length to upgrade everything why not drop a V8 in it? The other project, as cool as it is to say you did that doesn't make much sense to me but I respect the knowledge and know how and I mean that.

Edit: First sentence didn't say "sensitive" but sensible.