Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

2 KEEP or not 2 KEEP?

Old 10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2 KEEP or not 2 KEEP?

This question goes out to all Crossfire "owners".

When D/C finally stops production of the Crossfire, in what ways will their decision to do so, effect you?

Will it make you want to sell your XF?

Or it doesn't matter, because you like your XF too much to get rid of it?

Last edited by +fireamx; 10-21-2005 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2 KEEP or not 2 KEEP?

It would not affect any decision I would have about selling my car. I bought my XF because I like the car. I will keep it as long as I continue enjoying driving it.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would not make me even think about selling my car...I would actually like it better if they did stop production because it would make it worth more to me. I love having a car that hardly anyone has....the less production, the better. This cars a keeper either way. Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:44 PM

I've always liked cars that you didn't see many of. Bertone X1/9, Renault Fuego Turbo, Cadillac Catera, 6 SAABs and an occasional Jag or other car with character. How may Xfires do you see now? Imagine a few years down the road. They'll still be a very unique and cool car to have fun with. And be seen in. Most people still won't know what it is!

Old 10-20-2005, 03:37 PM

I've actually had my eyes on the Honda S-2000 for a little while now, I am thinking about getting into one of those.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:54 PM

will most definitely keep mine, awesome looks, good gas mileage, very fun car to drive.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laloggia
It would not make me even think about selling my car...I would actually like it better if they did stop production because it would make it worth more to me. I love having a car that hardly anyone has....the less production, the better. This cars a keeper either way. Just my 2 cents.
DITTO! for me! I love the car and I think they made enough of them to keep us in parts for a while. You will always have Mercedes to fall back on for service down the road too. They look too good to not be rare and desirable in the future.
BUT: we still need an inexpensive super charger, right?

Old 10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jason60050
I've actually had my eyes on the Honda S-2000 for a little while now, I am thinking about geeting into one of those.
My dealer is an agent for both, Chrysler/Jeep and Honda. Looked well on both: Crossfire and S2000. Pricing is almost the same. But the Honda was uncomfortable for me (driving wheel is fix) and I definitely see more of them on the road and has less of that luxury air.
So I join the other posts: I like the look very much and bought it because of it's unique appearance. I enjoy every drive and will keep it as long as I like to. No matter what happens to production or pricing. It's mine and I'm all over happy with it ... that counts.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Easy question...its a keeper. Hopefully it will hold some of its value. I love this car.

Pat

Old 10-20-2005, 06:14 PM

Can't beat Honda reliability and resale value. I recently went on KBB to see the value of our cars and to be quite frank it is sh*t! If you go on e-bay you will see some car dealers still have brand new 2004 models. I think we will all be keeping these cars because their not worth anything!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 06:23 PM

The same question was brought up when I had an '88 Chrysler Conquest (or Mitsubishi Starion). They stopped production of the model with the '89 year. It was as rare to see one as the Xfire is now. I couldn't part with it because it was fun to drive. I kept that car even after it blew its third cylinder head hoping to have the time and money after my daughter got out of college to fix it up. Finally, my wife made me have it towed out of the driveway with almost 170,000 on the odometer. The only reason I agreed was I just got the Xfire to have the kind of car I like. Hopefully, this car will give me even better service.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:36 PM

Can't beat Honda reliability and resale value. I recently went on KBB to see the value of our cars and to be quite frank it is sh*t! If you go on e-bay you will see some car dealers still have brand new 2004 models. I think we will all be keeping these cars because their not worth anything!!!
Wow, that's real comforting to hear after just buying one two weeks ago. I'd rather have the Crossfire any day, than a rice burner. JMO.

Last edited by cruzr; 10-20-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Forum Regular

Can't beat Honda reliability and resale value.
Just the point of view and insider knowledge. Remove the Chrysler Logos, put MB on it and then check peoples opinion about reliability and value again.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

as long as it is fun to me i'll keep it...

Old 10-20-2005, 07:56 PM

I am going to keep mine because I am in love with it, but I would not mind trying out a SRT6. No matter I am staying with Xfire come hell or high water. I still can't believe I paid $25,000 for a car I will only drive 6 months out of the year.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 PM

I think Willie nailed the correct response. The only influence it might have on me would be to make me want to buy another one while I could.

Ste7of1

Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Forum Regular
Lightbulb Re: 2 KEEP or not 2 KEEP?

Not that its the same type of car, but my previous car (2000 Contour SVT) has the same problem, rare car, fun to drive and has horrible value, that's why so many people have kept theirs and you see so many kids buying them and beating them up. If a cheaper S/C-er is made for the car I'd consider buying mine when the lease is up because that's the only thing the car needs more of...power!, but for what it is, I like it VERY much, just want more, more and more!

Old 10-20-2005, 10:52 PM

Would never consider getting out of a car "just" because they stop production. And if you would than why get into an S2000, they're stopping production on that too within the year. This car is great fun and its definitely something special. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the Cross breeding of the car will make it a collectors item down the long road. Most of the collector cars of today (European) were sports cars manufactured for one company and designed by another. The Mercedes mechanicals and Karmann build imported for Chrysler is/will be very unique. Unfortunately the other 2 American examples that are somewhat similar aren't too collectible (yet). The Chrysler TC built by Maserati probably isn't too sought after because it looks the same as a Lebaron convertible and the Cadillac Allante may become more collectible as time goes by but IMO was never a real striking design. Neither one can touch the Crossfire when it comes to looks though and that's what I think will ultimately make our cars collectible.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Forum Regular
Wink Re: 2 KEEP or not 2 KEEP?

Ditto from me too! I go for looks more than anything and the XF has that "look". I love cars that are different. At the time I bought my Miata, IT was different.

The only drawback about D/C stopping production would be parts availability. That's kind of scary LOL.

No, it would not change my mind. My XF is a keeper barring any unforeseen biggie problems. Just my 2.3478 cents.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chxf
Just the point of view and insider knowledge. Remove the Chrysler Logos, put MB on it and then check peoples opinion about reliability and value again.
Dittos on that IDEA!!! email: Danielcroot@aol.com for new Crossfire Logos!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dan's pics(06).jpg (26.3 KB, 7 views)