Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

Old 12-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

Is there any scenario that would spin this to a positive for us? It could be that this will increase the crossfires exposure short term then improve the image long term in some as now unknown bizarre way.
Then again, that may be a pipe dream.

I am trying to think positive but so far am coming up empty.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM

I really hope none of you bought this car thinking it was going to have great resale value. They weren't selling these cars anyway(which is the reason for the promo)...do you really think they were going to hold a lot of their value when used? Chryslers have awful resale to begin with.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slaps76
I really hope none of you bought this car thinking it was going to have great resale value. They weren't selling these cars anyway(which is the reason for the promo)...do you really think they were going to hold a lot of their value when used? Chryslers have awful resale to begin with.
slaps76 - One day it will be of great value... give it 10-15 years, and if we still got gasoline, you watch this little car will be worth every dime you paid for it. Do you recall the Sunbeam Tiger?

By all means tell me of an American brand automobile (being produced in this time frame) that will be more of a collectable then this Crossfire if Chrysler drops the line.

Since June 1, General Motors Corp. has been offering customers employee discounts for many of its 2005 automobiles. Ford is upside down, and can't give cars away. Every major car builder in the United States is on the skids, so you could say "They weren't selling these cars anyway." about many different models. The biggest problem with this car (and for resale in 10-15 years it is a plus) is when these young folks get ready to go out to eat, or to a movie, the wife says "OK now that we're both loaded up, where are we going to put little junior?"... and that my friend is the reason for the short fall.

So far there are only (roughly) 28,000 Crossfires on the road worldwide. Give that a few years and the numbers will drop due to abuse and miss-use. Then you got yourself something everybody else wants.

Hooah

Last edited by FirebaseD; 12-06-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by FirebaseD

By all means tell me of an American brand automobile (being produced in this time frame) that will be more of a collectable then this Crossfire if Chrysler drops the line.
Corvette Z06.

Dodge Viper.

Saleen Mustang.

Maybe it'll be a "collectible" car, but it's not going to be some goldmine. If it was, they'd sell. Along the same lines, the Chevy SSR. They drop value used, but they're still pretty rare, and a cool truck.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car. I just don't see it keeping of a lot of value. Obviously if you buy one new, garage it and put barely any miles on it, you'll be able to sell it for a premium in 20 years(same for the SSR, or even any year Camaro). But for a typical used car I don't see it being a high demand car. Also, it is a rebadged SLK, and there's no shortage of those. Don't you think that takes away from the uniqueness of the car?

Old 12-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Forum Regular

Also, it is a rebadged SLK, and there's no shortage of those. Don't you think that takes away from the uniquness of the car?
No, not at all.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FirebaseD
slaps76 -
So far there are only (roughly) 28,000 Crossfires on the road worldwide.
Actually, there are more than 60K on the roads worldwide at this point. '06 MY VIN numbers begin from around 60K. All told, we could be looking at 150K or more when the last one rolls off the line. Hardly "rare", and not near as rare as a Sunbeam Tiger. BTW, Tigers have not appreciated as much as you think, if you adjust the new purchase price and current market value for forty years of inflation. Shelby Cobras, yes, have appreciated a lot. But, the Crossfire is nowhere near the same league of exclusivity, racing heritage, performance, or legend.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:58 PM

YES but, any financial advisor worth their salt would tell you to buy over leasing!!!

ROFL

i'm sorry i had too.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by bizzelz
2005 coupe limited 6spd Blaze Red
~$35,240
minus ~$9,700 total cap cost reduction, all discounts rebates, old age conquest cash, employee pricing, 5 star discount.
= $25,540
39 mo. lease 39k miles
NO money down, NO first payment, NO security deposit NOTHING, not even tax
= $324/mo.
Interest rate for this special case crossfire *one month special at the time*
= 0.001
Total interest accumulated on the lease is about
~ $16.00
Buyout in 39 months is ONLY
$15,600 I will probably buy it at that cus that is a killer deal for this car in 3 years
So. Basically i'm paying $12,636 over the course of 3 years to drive a $35,000 dollar car
and i can walk away from it if by chance my needs change "like having kids".
OK, I guess I am missing the bid great deal your lease is. I bought mine, granted used, but it worked out good for me, and I know people were able to get them for about the same price, brand new around the time I bought mine, in other areas so even better for them...

Here is how it works for me...

$23,500 for 2004 Graphite, 5-speed Auto (could of gone $21,500 for manual, but didn't want to drive to pick it up, and was doing alot of rush-hour traffic).
6,300 miles, certified with 7yr bumper to bumper warranty.
$700 down, 5.9% for 6 years for about $4000 @ $375/mo.

39 months puts me at $14,625 for payments, plus down payment + $15,325 and I owe $12,375 to own.

And thats without any of the great deals people got for 0% financing. And I know its used, but barely, and It got me the certified warrant bump. And I know people were able to get new '04's for $24,000 around the time I bought mine, which would have gotten them better interest rates, to knock down payments and total interest. SO sure, if you were getting it for sticker price, then THIS time lease may be better if you don't want it for more then 3-years, but thats the only way I see it.