Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

Old 11-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

I just read an article, at AutoSpies. Com, that indicates Chrysler has entered into a deal with Overstock. Com to sell Crossfires (Coupe and Roadsters) for $8,900+ off sticker. All you do is enter your registered e-mail address to Overstock and they send you a reservation to pick up the car at the nearest dealer. So much for the XFire being a "Halo" car for DC.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular
Red face Re: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

"Its all about the O"

Old 11-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Default Re: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

It includes the SRT6 at $37,680... maybe it's trade in time.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:49 PM

"AUTO SPIES PRESPECTVE: Why is Chrysler wasting their time at Overstock.com? Everyone knows the Crossfire is deader than a doornail and dealers are overloaded with units. If the goal is to sell them, we suggest they make a groundbreaking move that could turn the whole auto industry on its ear. PUT THEM ON EBAY!"

WOW i'm not sure how this will affect overall value / perception but does not look good. I guess it really puts those of us who bought the car for its beauty and guts to the test. I am in for the long haul.
The next step is sams club and walmart...

Old 11-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular

Nice find!!! Here is the link: http://crossfire.overstock.com

Well, so much for an '04 coupe with a 6-speed, that sold at MSRP the first year for $34,495 having ANY value at the end of five years!!!

As of today, Kelly Blue Book values for an '04 coupe are:

Trade-in Value - $18,575
Private Party Sale - $22,130

By comparison, the SLK 320 seems to be holding it’s value a little better at $32,025 and $35,785.

This is just more fuel to support the theory that Crossfire production will end after the five year contract with Karmman is up in 2008, IF not sooner.

From what I recall, Chrysler products have never held their value very well. And the Crossfire being a MB in sheep’s clothing, did nothing to help Chrysler at all.

I’m glad the reason I purchased my car was because I liked it. From the very beginning it was a long term keeper. I never gave any thought to resale value but it sickens me a little to see the price fall so low so soon. Oh well, happy motoring…

Last edited by ben47; 11-27-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

oh sooo sad.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

What's next...double coupons!!!

Old 11-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Forum Regular
Red face Re: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

Originally Posted by andrew
oh sooo sad.
I hope I never see them on the Walmart showroom.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just don't get it... I think it must be **** poor marketing because I have driven lots of cars ant this one still really makes me say WOW! This ones a keeper.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Forum Regular

Ouch. Maybe they shouldn't of put in such an old engine, and gave the car some *****, with a smoother 6 speed. What happened to the concept numbers. If anything, the surprise should of been more power, not less. And people say I'm stupid for leasing, but I got to drive the crossfire when it was a rare thing to see, brand new, got the attention, had fun, and I get to move on to another nice car, with out taking the huge trade in hit of depreciation. And private sale? Who would pay that much for a used crossfire, and even if they paid 22k, I'm sure whoever sells it takes a big hit. I love the looks which is why i leased it, but for what its capable of, and what the price is, just not worth it. And that's why nobody wants it. And for a sports car, it needs more power stock, especially when there is no aftermarket if it wants to compete with cars in its class. The new eclipse is nice, and if they come out with a gsx model that sure would be nice. Doesn't chrysler still own like 20% of mitsubishi? They should of stuck the new eclipse engine in the crossfire. That thing has some go to it. And the tranny is way better. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some keep whining about aftermarket parts...it's available you just can't afford it! That's the luxury of class!

Old 11-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Forum Regular

hi I'm nobody. no hit hmmm what's your lease...somebody show me the numbers, cause when I was offered a lease I had to laugh. now that was a loss IMO. what is it like to drive a "rental" 24/7. is it like borrowing somebody's car? afraid to put too many miles on it, do you tell everybody its a lease when they say you have a nice nice car? 28k out the door CASH. could have bought a MB but everybody here has them and I would probably try to get into the wrong one in the parking lot.

remember whatever you pay for something somebody will always be able to get/got it cheaper or so they will tell you.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Irafatsar
hi I'm nobody. no hit hmmm what's your lease...somebody show me the numbers, cause when I was offered a lease I had to laugh. now that was a loss IMO. what is it like to drive a "rental" 24/7. is it like borrowing somebody's car? afraid to put too many miles on it, do you tell everybody its a lease when they say you have a nice nice car? 28k out the door CASH. could have bought a MB but everybody here has them and I would probably try to get into the wrong one in the parking lot.

remember whatever you pay for something somebody will always be able to get/got it cheaper or so they will tell you.
Here are some numbers (mine):
2004 Autostick, All-Season tires
Lease for 39 mo/39K miles
Lease start May 2004
Residual ~22K
Negotiated Price ~31K
Interest rate <2%
In the end, including tax, title, etc, I will have paid roughly 13K to drive a car with an MSRP of $35,755 for a little over 3 years.
**AND, I won't have to worry about driving much past the 36K mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Last edited by OnTheWingsOfCrossfire; 11-27-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OnTheWingsOfCrossfire
In the end, including tax, title, etc, I will have paid roughly 13K to drive a car with an MSRP of $35,755 for a little over 3 years.
**AND, I won't have to worry about driving much past the 36K mile bumper to bumper warranty.
Getting off topic here.

Who wants car payments for every month for the rest of their life? Buy one, pay it off, drive it a few more years (without having to worry about mileage restrictions) and then buy another. Out of warranty, who cares? On average, how many cars have "big time" warranty issues until a vehicle starts getting WAY up there in age/mileage? Not all that many. There will always be normal wear and tear issues, that's just part of owning a machine.

Anyway, to each their own.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just talked to local dealer $10k off srt6 roadsters.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by ben47
Getting off topic here.

Who wants car payments for every month for the rest of their life? Buy one, pay it off, drive it a few more years (without having to worry about mileage restrictions) and then buy another. Out of warranty, who cares? On average, how many cars have "big time" warranty issues until a vehicle starts getting WAY up there in age/mileage? Not all that many. There will always be normal wear and tear issues, that's just part of owning a machine.

Oh I agree, and I plan on buying the next car. I saw no point in wasting the money by buying a far inferior car for that much $ when I could drive this in the meantime and still save up for the next car. But in relation to the topic, most local dealerships are offering these prices directly (just look at the thread by the dealer with 3 SRT-6's...36 - 37k).

Old 11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular
Arrow Re: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!

I'm just going to enjoy driving my Crossfire for the next 2 1/2 years and turn it in, unless they offer me some out of this world deal when I turn it in. I was told when I leased the car it would cost me $14K to buy it, but with everything thats going on right now with these cars, they'd be crazy to offer me my car for that at turn it! I'm leaning towards a single daily driver when my lease is up and after testing out the new MazdaSpeed 6, its just about a done deal!!!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...the way to clear out the old stock, it seems to me, would be to shut down the line for a couple of weeks until supply catches up with demand. Keeping the line going at a loss and keeping the iron moving off the lots with deep discounts kills the brand image, wreaks havoc on residual values, and pisses off owners who paid more. DC, Ford, and GM all want to get away from incentives. Then again, I would never buy a domestic car without them, since I would probably feel pretty screwed if some guy across town bought that same car for thousands less. I doubt any of us would have the same concern, if we had purchased (say) Nissan 350Zs.

If this car will only sell in the volumes DC wants at $22k for a base coupe, 27K for a Limited, and mid 30K range for a SRT, then they should be priced accordingly. That's economics at work. To respond to this price structure (and make a profit), DC would be better off removing content from beneath the skin that you wouldn't notice. They've already done it to everything else in the past four years.

Last edited by juddz; 11-28-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ben47
Getting off topic here.

Well everyone is different, in my case i will always have a car payment because i like to have brand new cars "the latest greatest sexay thing on the market" every 3 years or so. Not to mention i wont pay for any repairs OR depreciation on my purchases. I will just use it up for all the good parts and let the leasor "bank or chrysler" sort out the cost of it in 3 years. And you can always buy your car after your lease, you can NEVER lease your car after you buy it.
You can also negotiate your buyout at the lease end if you want to buy it.
*screams in the Fire Marshall Bill Voice*
LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!

2005 coupe limited 6spd Blaze Red
~$35,240
minus ~$9,700 total cap cost reduction, all discounts rebates, old age conquest cash, employee pricing, 5 star discount.
= $25,540
39 mo. lease 39k miles
NO money down, NO first payment, NO security deposit NOTHING, not even tax
= $324/mo.
Interest rate for this special case crossfire *one month special at the time*
= 0.001
Total interest accumulated on the lease is about
~ $16.00
Buyout in 39 months is ONLY
$15,600 I will probably buy it at that cus that is a killer deal for this car in 3 years
So. Basically i'm paying $12,636 over the course of 3 years to drive a $35,000 dollar car
and i can walk away from it if by chance my needs change "like having kids".

LEASING gives you options, I would never buy anything that depreciates like a car. Bad investment
Buy houses, lease cars.

This of course is a special case, I don't think anyone got this kind of deal. It is surely not the norm. I'm not gloating, I work for DC, I exploit all of the incentives.
But now you all can see why I lease this car.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:34 PM

Any financial person will tell you a lease is a bad move unless you have it as a business write off...

Quick Reply: Crossfires on Overstock.Com!!