Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Does Anyone Here Own More Than One?

Old 01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Anyone Here Own More Than One?

I'm interested in hearing from people that own more than one Crossfire and those that are considering it.
What influenced your decision and would you do it again? What kind of Crossfire do you have now and what kind did you/or would you get if you were going to get another one.

Old 01-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Default Re: Does Anyone Here Own More Than One?

Hi. This is my first post. I'm in Toronto. Last Feb. I attended the Int'l Auto Show in my city and bought a Pontiac Solstice! Long story short, I cancelled the order when I found out my condo (which is still being built) was delayed until Aug. of this year. I'm glad I did, because I've since fallen in love with the Crossfire. Finally sat in a coupe (recently) at a Chrysler dealership. As nice as the roadster is, I love the pure design of the coupe. It's simply one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. I'll be buying the 'blue/silver version after I'm in my new place.

As to the question of whether anyone owns two, I'll wager you're inferring whether anyone owns a Roadster AND a Coupe (correct me if I misunderstood). As tempting as the Roadster is, I'll go with the coupe. I suppose if anyone wanted to spend the extra money, they could go with the Mercedes SLK350 or 280. With the retractable metal roof, both the hardtop and convertible are wrapped up in one car. The Mercedes is gorgeous, but IMO the crossfire is the nicer design. It looks more like a Mercedes than the SLK does. Again, just my opinion.

As I get closer to buying my Crossfire, I'm sure I'll be posting more and asking some questions. This site will be very helpful for that! Thanks for reading.

-Mike

Old 01-27-2006, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just got a roadster and I love it, but I think I agree with you that the coupe is a more beautiful design. I've just always wanted a convertible and I think the Crossfire is one of the best looking ones out there. Enjoy your Crossfire when you get it, you're gonna love it.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:46 PM

I agree... I have a limited coupe but had the choice of a base convertible. I opted for the hard top and have no regrets.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:19 AM

I own 2 Limited's and am buying an SRT6 Coupe.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Forum Regular

I only got one, but if I were to buy a backup crossfire it would be an SRT6 due to the fire power offered under the hood. My Crossfire is a coupe also, because that's the real man's Crossfire, hooah.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by FirebaseD
I only got one, but if I were to buy a backup crossfire it would be an SRT6 due to the fire power offered under the hood. My Crossfire is a coupe also, because that's the real man's Crossfire, hooah.
Here we go with the "my blower is bigger than your blower" (also covered in the crossfire sex threat :-)...) Long of the short, buy what YOU like. The coupe does nothing for me. They are beautiful to see in traffic, and I can appreciate the car, but it does nothing for ME. I was on the fence between this and a 'vette (lifetime dream to own a vette). I decided on the crossfire based on the design cues. As many friggin' problems as I have had, I wish I would have bought the vette...time will tell. Good luck with your future purchase, and PLEASE buy a new one off of EBay as that seems to be where all the real deals are.

And Firebase...nothing but love for you.

~ Jess

Old 01-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Forum Regular

Jess

While stationed in Hawaii back in 1971-72' I had a 1970 convertible vet - 427 - 435 hp - changed it out to one very large four barrel - it was a 4 speed - maroon in color - kinda rough in quality... Left it there when I got orders back to the main land in 72... I was just wondering do you think it may still be over there, maybe you've seen it. hooah That would be to cool.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:54 AM

I have a base coupe I love it. The coupe has twice the storage space but the roadster I feel looks better.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:28 PM

Jess

While stationed in Hawaii back in 1971-72' I had a 1970 convertible vet - 427 - 435 hp - changed it out to one very large four barrel - it was a 4 speed - maroon in color - kinda rough in quality... Left it there when I got orders back to the main land in 72... I was just wondering do you think it may still be over there, maybe you've seen it. hooah That would be to cool.
There is a hot rod club here on Hawaii that meets at Campbell Industrial all the time. If it is here, I am sure they know where it is. My next door neighbor has three stingrays, and he may know as well (assuming that it is still maroon). Any other tell tale traits?

~ Jess

Old 01-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jess

While stationed in Hawaii back in 1971-72' I had a 1970 convertible vet - 427 - 435 hp - changed it out to one very large four barrel - it was a 4 speed - maroon in color -
FirebaseD, If you had a 1970, wouldn't it have been a 454 instead of a 427? I didn't think they still made the 435 hp 427 in 1970. Just curious.
I was in Hawaii in Oct. of '72, I didn't see it.

Last edited by +fireamx; 01-28-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Does Anyone Here Own More Than One?

The real man's crossfire? Hooah?
LMAO

Old 01-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
FirebaseD, If you had a 1970, wouldn't it have been a 454 instead of a 427? I didn't think they still made the 435 hp 427 in 1970. Just curious.
I was in Hawaii in Oct. of '72, I didn't see it.
You know what brother, your right... I'm just so old now that my mind is almost gone, I'm sure other folks on the forum can relate... anyway it was not a '70, it was a '69 and the color was kinda maroon, it was Burgundy. hooah thank you for not allowing me to look like an idiot.

You had to see it, I was over at Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station... just before I got PCS orders (1972) I picked up a gold colored '65? Convertible Mustang... my last assignment was over at the Officer Quarters handing out keys to the rooms... you know setting on my azz. Anyway I would drive the Vette over the mountain down to WaikikiBeach to pickup women.
Jess
The Vette originally had a tri pack on it and we changed it out to a large four, also spill battery acid inside the battery box and had done damage to the fiberglass in that area, enough damage that it would need repairing.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:34 PM

FirebaseD, Don't worry guy "I gotchorbac". Since we're both about the same age, I have to deal with that "brain fade" thing all the time.
What my Wife can't understand is how I can quote an elapsed time that I turned at a drag strip on the 3rd. Saturday of Aug. in 1970, but I can't remember her cell phone #.
Must be a "car guy" thing. hooah!

One of the things I remember about Waikiki (when I was there in 1972) is how all the police drove around in muscle cars, or even sports cars with that single blue light on the roof. I thought to myself, "Wow what a cool police force". Then it came to me, that they must have to use their own private cars while on duty. Loved every minute I was there. Sure do envy anybody who can live there, and drive a Crossfire roadster, or a motorcycle anytime they feel like it.

Last edited by +fireamx; 01-30-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
One of the things I remember about Waikiki (when I was there in 1972) is how all the police drove around in muscle cars, or even sports cars with that single blue light on the roof. I thought to myself, "Wow what a cool police force". Then it came to me, that they must have to use their own private cars while on duty.
Hooah, thanks for the recall factor Fireamx, I can remember the local law enforcement driving around in 442 Oldsmobile's. I use to think the same thing about how lucky they were.

Do you recall a cat house that was maybe two streets off Kalakaua Ave, I think it set back behind the Hyatt on a one way street. Just dropped in one night to say hello to a friend, I would never support a cat house, right? Anyway it was just to cool, at such a young age, to be inside a full blown, haha, operation of that sorts just a street or two off the main drag. I mean this was not a cheap, crack house, it was the real deal.

Remember the run always use to hang out down by the Sheraton bumming change, all young women from the main land.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:52 PM

Do you recall a cat house that was maybe two streets off Kalakaua Ave, I think it set back behind the Hyatt on a one way street.
No Firebase, I can't say that I did. (They didn't have "brothels" listed in the tour guide book we received when we got to our hotel.)LOL. I went over on a 10 day "charted" excursion with my girlfriend in Oct. of '72. I was 21, she was 19. We stayed at the Waikiki Hylton, right across the street from the beach. Airfare, hotel and breakfast was included for $310 a person, for the whole 10 days! (can you believe that?)
I rented a car one day and circled the island. (had to transverse one place that said 4 wheel drive only to do so, almost fell 50' into the ocean on one part of the road).
The next day I rented a motorcycle and really had a good time "scouting" out of the way places.
I sure do envy "AlohaXfire. I'd give anything to be able to retire there.
One of the unusual cars that I remember seeing over there, (and I've never seen since then) was the 8 door Oldsmobile Toronado station wagons they used as limos to haul people around in. They had tandem axels in back.
I wonder if Jay Leno would want to modify one of those?

Last edited by +fireamx; 02-01-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Forum Regular

It is too SAD the Cat House location was not listed in the tour guide book. Maybe one day we can linkup and go back over there. I'll take you places the tour guide book would never list, and you can bring your girlfriend, or not. lol. Yes I miss the place, can never really see going back. hooah

Last edited by FirebaseD; 02-01-2006 at 12:50 AM.