Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

early termination to lease??

Old 02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default early termination to lease??

After 2 years i have to admit that i don't use the car. It only has 11,000 miles and i'm paying for 12k a year. Though we love the car it just doesn't pay. I've got a year left and i'm wondering if anyone has terminated a lease with chrysler and what your experience is. Does the low mileage count for anything?

Old 02-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: early termination to lease??

Are you thinking of trading it in? They will kill you on a trade in. Better to try and sell it yourself. I got killed on my GT Cruiser. Same deal as you, real low miles but I HAD to have a Crossfire. They cut you no slack for low miles. My car (the GT) was so clean you could eat off the underside of it, 2.5 y.o. When I traded my old PT for it the sales manager called the detail guy around to look at the trade (PT Ltd) and told him this is what I want your work to look like.
I made out on that deal because I owned the car. I got killed on the GT but I know have my dream car.
Just my thoughts -

Pat

Old 02-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll have to pay the remainder of your payments to end the lease early. read your lease agreement; it should all be in those fine little print paragraphs that no one reads.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 PM

You can always try to find someone to take over the lease for you. If you do, make sure Chrysler is involved or you could find yourself making payments again, if the person defaults.

Also, if you are looking at another car, go back to your dealer, tell him you want to cancel the lease to buy the other car. They may work with you. I had a dealer make my last two lease payments on a Jeep Grand Cherokee to put us in a new Liberty that day. It was painless and didn't cost us anything. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

try:

swapalease.com

leasetrade.com

~ leasing company / bank policies: (for lease transfers)

http://swapalease.com/help_files/leaseco.asp?country=US

Old 02-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Forum Regular

Give DC a call on the phone, tell the rep that your going to terminate your lease, setup tall in your chair and hear what they say about early lease termination. You'll get good information from the people who know the real deal concerning your lease. Just made the call, DC don't care, tell'em what you got going and ask them how you can work out of the lease without losing money. They have seen it all and can help you if they care to, so be very nice.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:40 PM

OK...I hate to admit this...but I am a certified Chrysler / Dodge /Jeep sales consultant. I know, I know...but I did come to my senses and went back to making an honest living. I know exactly what's going to happen to you. When you lease a car, the taxes and license fees (could be about 10% depending on where you live) are spread out over the term of the lease. When you buy a car, you take that loss when you leave the lot. The problem is that they will hit you for those fees on an early lease termination. The only way you'll get out of this car deal with your skin is if you pay the lease off. And even then, you'll have to just walk away from the car. If you terminate early (and even if you don't) they will try to "roll you over" into another car. They will make it all sound really good, but you will probably get ripped! You need to either accept that you're going to take a big hit, or just hang on to it and turn it back in when the lease is up. The dealers just love guys like you...and some even make a niche business of "rolling over" leases. It's big money for sure. Be VERY careful trying to get someone else to complete your lease. You could be held responsible lease payments as well as any "excessive" damage or wear (ever so small) to the car as the guaranteed residual assumes pretty much perfect condition on return.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hattrick78
OK...I hate to admit this...but I am a certified Chrysler / Dodge /Jeep sales consultant. I know, I know...but I did come to my senses and went back to making an honest living. I know exactly what's going to happen to you. When you lease a car, the taxes and license fees (could be about 10% depending on where you live) are spread out over the term of the lease. When you buy a car, you take that loss when you leave the lot. The problem is that they will hit you for those fees on an early lease termination. The only way you'll get out of this car deal with your skin is if you pay the lease off. And even then, you'll have to just walk away from the car. If you terminate early (and even if you don't) they will try to "roll you over" into another car. They will make it all sound really good, but you will probably get ripped! You need to either accept that you're going to take a big hit, or just hang on to it and turn it back in when the lease is up. The dealers just love guys like you...and some even make a niche business of "rolling over" leases. It's big money for sure. Be VERY careful trying to get someone else to complete your lease. You could be held responsible lease payments as well as any "excessive" damage or wear (ever so small) to the car as the guaranteed residual assumes pretty much perfect condition on return.
Oh, and don't forget, "You can always buy your car after your lease, but you can never lease your car after you buy it."