Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan

I just posted Friday Woodward Cruise photos here:
2011 Woodward Dream Cruise - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

Old 08-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

looks pretty crowded...lol.....going to bed. I have to get up there in time to at least see a few cars...lol

Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
looks pretty crowded...lol.....going to bed. I have to get up there in time to at least see a few cars...lol
More like a parking lot than a cruise tonight, but fun none the less

Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM

Cool see ya tomorrow around noon hopefully... goodnight...

Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 AM

Saturday Woodward Dream Cruise Photos here:
2011 Woodward Dream Cruise - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

Old 08-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a great time with friends, the DriveSRT crew (thank you all) and the "lively" events that kept it new and fresh. Scott's presentation was beyond anything I had hoped for, if you didn't attend you really did miss something, Clint thanks for setting it up and Jim for putting him in the line up. The storm was quick and cooled the temp down nicely. All in all another memoriable time with the Crossfire group.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:44 PM

If anyone knows of a passenger door, let me know...I now need another one....thanks to someone taking it out and not bothering to tell anyone.....the search is on... not so nice a Woodward trip for me, although I do agree with Rapp's, the presentation was very informative about the history of our cars....I did get to see old friends, make a few new ones, and see some in person I was wanting to meet...not all bad I quess...

Old 08-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 482 Likes on 335 Posts

Just got home a little while ago.
Another great weekend with friends.
Had a nice group to convoy up with...FP, IBLUBYU, 2005XFire and fyrepower.

Rapps...great work getting the DriveSRT crew over to our site for some good PR and interviews which will probably be seen on their website
driveSRT.com as well as tons of pics taken of our cars etc.
Also thanks to them for providing tons of excellent pizza for everyone for lunch at the parking spot.
CICCI kicked in for the ice and drinks to go with it.

Crossfire Program Manager, Scott Wilkins did a wonderful presentation at the hotel on Saturday night discussing the production of the Crossfire etc.
Very informative and interesting slideshow presentation.
This indeed was a rare opportunity to really here the true inside info from one who was directly involved during the concept and production years

It seems to take forever waiting for the date for these meets to come and once they do it all happens so fast and then it's over til next year.
I'm always left with great memories of the fun moments we share and will share again though.

To all who our involved in the organization of this years Woodward GTG....thank you and excellent job !!!

Hope everyone had a good time and arrived home safely.

Gary

Old 08-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and i had a great time. First time at the event, and it was more than we could imagine. Great job to Jim for all of his efforts. Also thank for making the non crossfire feel welcome.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

If anyone knows of a passenger door, let me know...I now need another one....thanks to someone taking it out and not bothering to tell anyone.....the search is on... not so nice a Woodward trip for me, although I do agree with Rapp's, the presentation was very informative about the history of our cars....I did get to see old friends, make a few new ones, and see some in person I was wanting to meet...not all bad I quess...
I'm sorry to hear about the door Doc, that's a bummer. It was great to finally meet you.

Met a border agent who asked what year my car was and said he'd had one and regretted selling it, he had purchased it in the US.

Great weekend was had by all, except Doc it seems.

Msgump was in the front row at the spectacular launch of the new Eau de Woodward yesterday, for fifteen seconds she and the yellow roadster disappeared in a huge cloud of smoke.
When the smoke drifted away so had the perp. The only thing left were smoking tire tracks, marbles and amazingly, a still breathing woman. I swear I could still smell burnt rubber on her later when we met, smelt like an all season rubber from 2009, a very Good Year as I recall.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son and I had a great time at this event. It was nice to meet so many other crossfire enthusiasts and to put faces to so many people that we converse with here on the forum.
Jim, thank you for a fantastic job putting this whole thing together.....we will be back.
Thanks to Rob (Needswings) for installing the catchcan late last night and to Beaner for installing the slasher stripes this morning.

See you all next year.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 PM

Full Resolution Group Photo
click once to open ...click again for full res view.

Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan-dsc_7712.jpg  
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM

WDC 2011 Photo Link

Click "full screen" tab for best viewing option

Old 08-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Nice photos Gary....

Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 PM

Now, since you Impala guys want to look in and brag about being the big bad bullies you think you are...here's a little tid bit from the cop who's car was damaged to the tune of $2k...you call yourselves car guys, bullshit...I have been a bowtie owner my whole life, the crossfire is new to me, and I enjoy the **** out of it. I have time slips to prove what my two cars will do, as others do in our group. Too bad I wasn't around for the little talk you had in the parking lot. Now the truth is out, isn't it? There's pay back in the **** you started, and you can expect it...I drink beer, wear dirty tee shirts, drive trucks, but I wouldn't damage another man's car and run like the chicken **** this dirt bag was. You calling me out, just name the place and time...I arrived late on Saturday, for our club meeting and knew nothing of any run in's with your beloved club, and now you have a pissed off cop...we will meet again....bring your back up...red and blues stick together...their is a local motor officer that belongs as well, and he is looking for the chicken **** who hit my car...you aren't car guys, and I was enjoying the burnouts, none of us called the cops, as I was about to join in...I love to do holeshots...I'm not a suit wear'r or a wine drinker ********...

Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Now, since you Impala guys want to look in and brag about being the big bad bullies you think you are...here's a little tid bit from the cop who's car was damaged to the tune of $2k...you call yourselves car guys, bullshit...I have been a bowtie owner my whole life, the crossfire is new to me, and I enjoy the **** out of it. I have time slips to prove what my two cars will do, as others do in our group. Too bad I wasn't around for the little talk you had in the parking lot. Now the truth is out, isn't it? There's pay back in the **** you started, and you can expect it...I drink beer, wear dirty tee shirts, drive trucks, but I wouldn't damage another man's car and run like the chicken **** this dirt bag was. You calling me out, just name the place and time...I arrived late on Saturday, for our club meeting and knew nothing of any run in's with your beloved club, and now you have a pissed off cop...we will meet again....bring your back up...red and blues stick together...their is a local motor officer that belongs as well, and he is looking for the chicken **** who hit my car...you aren't car guys, and I was enjoying the burnouts, none of us called the cops, as I was about to join in...I love to do holeshots...I'm not a suit wear'r or a wine drinker ********...
Get 'em Doc.

That's some serious BS... I would be livid.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:56 PM

I just registered a complaint with corporate Marriott. I also informed the local hotel in Detroit my intent to sue for allowing the bullshit to go on. If they think they can walk around drunk in public, mouth off to people, which is harrassment in any state, and threaten people, well they are wrong. I will send a letter to the Chief of Police in Auburn Hills as well, as this officer was willing to overlook their bullshit, until I found out Sunday morning all the bullshit they had started. I wasn't part of any of that, and my car ends up damaged. Now they are looking in on our forum to brag about their redneck bullshit. No car club I have been around is anything like what I read over there...The President of that club should be taking names right now...but, I don't think that will ever happen...but, they won't be back at that hotel...and if my friends in Auburn Hills find the *** that did this, and IF he is part of that club, they are getting sued as well...time to take responsibility for their bullshit, our club would...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 08-24-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary thanks for the pics. I saw a lot of familiar faces but also many that I would like to meet. I wanted to come to this event but work got in the way. Maybe next year. It appears that every one ( but Doc) had a wonderful time.

Doc I am still trying to piece together what happened to your car. I am sure I will hear all about it at the Dragon if not sooner. Hate it happened to you but they sure picked the wrong man mess with. Hope you get to meet the scumb that did this.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:10 AM

Well, calmed down a little...I still have to laugh at the name calling, rude *** remarks, and yes Impala dudes, I am an old cop, and no I don't sue people, just want to make sure this **** doesn't happen to someone else. I don't put up with ****, and you did have members of your group looking for a fight. So, don't even go threatening me. I stated if they find out one of your members did it, I would take action, and I will. I haven't accused any of you, but with the attitudes you have shown toward our car owners, who would not think it. If you have information, then share it, or let it go. I am the guy out 2 grand. I am glad to hear you wouldn't screw with someone's car. As for the 2 cops from Indiana, you can contact me, I don't care to talk trash. I would love to talk to you. I did talk to a member from Indiana not far from me. He was very polite as were some others. I was only there for Saturday evening. Glad to see someone on your end take charge. Unless someone has information that will help, I am done with this, and any future Woodward events. I love the cars I own, and I don't need this ****. We will meet again. Just got to love people that would call you names, post your photo, and make fun of the fact a car that was in prestine condition gets destroyed. Wonder how my redneck friends would react if it were the other way around? Kick some ***? Well, there you go....done with this...see you all soon...but not too soon...

If you want to help, the trailer, if a trailer, was white, with red mixed in from the marker light....parked in the rear toward the west of the hotel. It was mentioned on the Impala thread a mustang on a trailer was parked in that area...I happened to have an officer friend who was attending that group's meet, and will talk to him as well. As you can see, they had to know they hit it...accident? Not when you don't admit it. Any help will be appreciated if you remember anything. Last post here...our group can PM me...Impala group, if you want to help... holliday.w@comcast.net Done talking about it, as it still pisses me off...

Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan-damage-woodward-dream-cruise-001.jpg  

Last edited by oledoc2u; 08-22-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had an awesome time, as always, with the crossfire group.

Many thanks to Jim, Clint, Scott and everyone involved in making this a great weekend - our third year in a row. We got to meet a few members I have been wanting to meet personally for some time and see some VERY cool cars. Awesome seeing many old friends and making new ones.

Molly and I will not be back to Woodward if the impala club is at our hotel again - and will be writing a letter to the hotel.

Between getting threatened with an *** kicking Friday and having Molly harrassed Saturday, enough is enough.

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan