Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan

Rapp's made contact with Adam from www.drivesrt.com and they came to our spot on Woodward at the Dream Cruise this past weekend and did some interviews with our SRT owners.

This one was with Chas (ichon) her at .org

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6voGB6GkXE[/media]

Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't want to take away from all the fun that was had, so I let this car damage thing die. My responses on here were to the name calling going on over there. I never stated the SS Impala club hit my car. Many of our group told me of their encouters while I was waiting for the police to arrive to take a crash report. If it were just heckling about cars, I am all for that, but the name calling...well...I will post this last response for the SS Impala guys to read. I met only a few as I was only there Saturday night for the meeting. I never stated a car hit my car, never. I never accused any of your group. I said, from my reponse of the bullshit that others had told me about, the little run ins, if, and only IF it was one of your group, I would take action. Still mad at the time, some car guy would do this, and not tell me, and the fact our members were upset. That is just the way it is... I want our members to know, their members have helped me beyond reason to track down the guy that did this. I won't say who they are, but they are standup individuals. For those over there who continually want to continue the bullshit, saying things I didn't say, well, that happens here too. I choose to ignore it. For those at the Impala club who believed their ramblings, I do apologize. I have 1 of 2012 coupes made, a carfax crash report will kill any future sale of this car. But, many of you don't care, because you don't like them...that's fine. I do like the old SS Impala's...and patrolled in a Caprice for years. I have insurance, but can't risk a carfax...my 2k estimate was close, it was $1735.00, using a door skin. I now know from the great detective work of the Impala guys, and their photos, who the guy probably was...and with their help have narrowed to 4 individuals. Today, I will check the registrations of the neighboring hotel. I have the help of a Mustang guy who was there, who happens to be, a police officer. Given the info, there is a chance the guy didn't know he hit it. If he pulled out, turned right, that would swing the trailer into the door, and it would be his blind side. Again, thank you guys for your help, thank our members for your support, and I apologize to those who thought I directly accused you. Now, back to the good times at the Cruise...this is done on the open forum...our members can PM me...Impala guys can email me... oh, and the plate was: 302ZZA

Last edited by oledoc2u; 08-23-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all thanks to Gary and Jim for all their hard work in organizing the Cruise activities. We had a great time and look forward to going again next year.

I also was not very pleased with all the negative activities that occured at the hotel. As a result I contacted Marriot and here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care regarding the Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Please accept our apology for the frustration and disappointment this experience has caused. We have forwarded your comments to associates in the Executive Office of the hotel for review and have requested that someone from that office respond to address your concerns. You should be contacted within three to five business days.

If we can be of further assistance, we invite you to reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,
Bianca Dylan
Marriott Customer Care

Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoldwagon
a couple of the younger guys i met over there were pretty cool. we just like to razz and usually we get no friction and a friendly rivalry ensues.
If you are the guy with the roadmaster +surfboard, I spoke to you for a while Saturday night, checked out some cars with you, and you seemed like a nice enough guy, definitely a car guy. You could have 'razzed' us all you want, no biggie. Keeping us up all night with V8s and burn outs, no biggie. Making fun of our cars, no biggie, but...

When I was walking alone at 2AM and 6 drunk guys start talking about kicking my *** because of the way I parked (only because of THEIR trailers everywhere) and then my girlfriend gets harrassed by another group of guys, that is not friendly 'razzing'. I am not trying to lump you all together, but some of the people were simply looking to get under people's skin, looking for a fight. Not my kind of 'car people'.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW Jim and Karen I want to say thank you for the hours and effort you put into making this weekend so enjoyable. Speaking from a unique vantage point I can truly say "I know how much time it takes" so again thank you. It's a pleasure (or would that be relief?? LOL) to see a weekend work out so that everyone had a good time; we did! Being able to relax, wander around talking to friends and then move onto another thing makes these GTGs so nice. It wouldn't be possible without someone accepting the responsibility for planning it and doing a great job. You did on both counts

Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rapp's
BTW Jim and Karen I want to say thank you for the hours and effort you put into making this weekend so enjoyable. Speaking from a unique vantage point I can truly say "I know how much time it takes" so again thank you. It's a pleasure (or would that be relief?? LOL) to see a weekend work out so that everyone had a good time; we did! Being able to relax, wander around talking to friends and then move onto another thing makes these GTGs so nice. It wouldn't be possible without someone accepting the responsibility for planning it and doing a great job. You did on both counts
I too was side-tracked...thanks Jim and Karen...it was nicely done, and somehow, I do believe I will remember it for a long time...lol..

Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, as always you did a great job again this year. THANK YOU !!!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I never stated the SS Impala club hit my car. Many of our group told me of their encouters while I was waiting for the police to arrive to take a crash report...... <snip> .... I never stated a car hit my car, never. I never accused any of your group.
See your post below...

Now, since you Impala guys want to look in and brag about being the big bad bullies you think you are...here's a little tid bit from the cop who's car was damaged to the tune of $2k...you call yourselves car guys, bullshit...I have been a bowtie owner my whole life, the crossfire is new to me, and I enjoy the **** out of it. I have time slips to prove what my two cars will do, as others do in our group. Too bad I wasn't around for the little talk you had in the parking lot. Now the truth is out, isn't it? There's pay back in the **** you started, and you can expect it...I drink beer, wear dirty tee shirts, drive trucks, but I wouldn't damage another man's car and run like the chicken **** this dirt bag was. You calling me out, just name the place and time...I arrived late on Saturday, for our club meeting and knew nothing of any run in's with your beloved club, and now you have a pissed off cop...we will meet again....bring your back up...red and blues stick together...their is a local motor officer that belongs as well, and he is looking for the chicken **** who hit my car...you aren't car guys, and I was enjoying the burnouts, none of us called the cops, as I was about to join in...I love to do holeshots...I'm not a suit wear'r or a wine drinker ********...
Since your post is addressing the Impala "gang", you are accusing someone in our group of damaging your car. You may not have explicitly stated it but it's definately implied.

I want our members to know, their members have helped me beyond reason to track down the guy that did this. I won't say who they are, but they are standup individuals.... <snip>...
Again, thank you guys for your help, thank our members for your support, and I apologize to those who thought I directly accused you.
Thank you... class act. Hope you find whoever damaged your car and it's resolved quickly.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Doc
This door looks like it may need a little work to fit properly
04 05 06 07 CROSSFIRE R. FRONT DOOR | eBay

ichon
Looks like a canditate for a windshield surround.

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 08-23-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
When I was walking alone at 2AM and 6 drunk guys start talking about kicking my *** because of the way I parked (only because of THEIR trailers everywhere) and then my girlfriend gets harrassed by another group of guys, that is not friendly 'razzing'. I am not trying to lump you all together, but some of the people were simply looking to get under people's skin, looking for a fight. Not my kind of 'car people'.
any *** kicking threats were in jest, we are all pretty tame and would rather not fight...even with a bit of booze in us. i was not privy to anyone harassing your wife, however...that ain't cool! who did that?

p.s yeah i was the one with the gold surf wagon...aka the slowest car in the parking lot!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Got Bearings?
See your post below...

Since your post is addressing the Impala "gang", you are accusing someone in our group of damaging your car. You may not have explicitly stated it but it's definately implied.

Thank you... class act. Hope you find whoever damaged your car and it's resolved quickly.
In your opinion, while calling me names on your site...it's done, I have but found the guy....in fact will be posting a photo to verify he was the guy your guys talked to that night.

Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise &amp; GTG - August 20, 2011 - Michigan-24972_105993842770634_100000800565827_59734_1258532_n.jpg  
Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 PM

In your opinion, while calling me names on your site...it's done, I have but found the guy....in fact will be posting a photo to verify he was the guy your guys talked to that night.
Are you really bent out of shape for the name calling? Are you 6 years old??? Come on man... it was all in jest. Maybe you have to know "Cracka" to understand him and how he writes. Yes, there were a few jabs at your group but nothing that should be taken personal. We can and are brutal to one another but it's just talk, nothing more, nothing less.

I will post the photo on the impala site and see if anyone can identify him for you. BTW, the 1980's called, they want their Oakley Razors back!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Here's a pic of a trailer that was just found. Not sure if it's the trailer in question but it's something to look into.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 561 Likes on 471 Posts

A clearer picture.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:44 PM

Indiana - TR522ADR
Doc, should I or have you already obtained the information necessary?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM

just saw it, and in fact have found the guy, but the trailer, which is the proof isn't there...but he's the guy. He was working on a Mustang in his garage. I need to find the trailer, or no evidence...

Thanks again for your help, wouldn't have found him without you...don't make fun of my glasses, I just paid good money for them...bi-focals...lol

oh, hell, I forgot the best part of this whole search....he lives 6 miles from me...yes...6.... Now, I have to get Auburn Hills PD, to contact the local PD here, or they won't get involved...go figure...unfortunately, he doesn't live in the county...

I see the landscape island, so that is the trailer...my car is in front of that SUV...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 08-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the links to my photo albums:

The following album contains all the pictures of the Crossfires:
Crossfires

The following album contains pictures of the Prowlers:
Prowlers

The following album contains pictures of the other vehicles:
Other

Enjoy!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM