Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

"TWO-er duh Nord" June 23-25

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "TWO-er duh Nord" June 23-25

Organizing the first (annual ?) Northern Ontario Crossfire.

“TWO-er Duh Nord”

When ; June 23-25
Where ; Callander Ont
Tour ; Sat. A Northern Ontario driving tour starting on the shores of Lake Nipissing going along Hwy 654\522 through Commanda , Loring and Grundy Lake to Killarney Ont on the North Shore of Georgian Bay and then along the French River Hwy 64 to Sturgeon Falls back to North Bay. An Evening BBQ held at the Cooke’s on Trout Lake.
Sun. A drive along Hwy 63 to Temiscaming Que. for Sunday brunch at the Temrose followed by “twisted” drive along the Ottawa River to Mattawa Ont.
Sun. afternoon , All are invited back to Cooke’s (weather dependant) swim and relax till departure.
Accommodations; Terrace Suites in Callander Bay is offering a Queen Suite at a reduced group rate of $110.00 / night includes fridge,micro,kitchenette and fireplace. (queen room @ $100.) Call me to book room
Meals; Friday night – open but arrangements can be made for meal at hotel
Sat Morning – Timmies (we need an early start for a full day of driving\exploring)
Sat Lunch – Sportsman Lodge Killarney Ont shoreline restaurant
Sat Snack – Poutine in Sturgeon Falls
Sat Dinner – BBQ at the Cooke’s on Trout Lake (dinner will be a small contribution towards cost) & BYOB

Sun Brunch – Temrose Rest. Temiscaming Que.
Websites; terracesuites
Facebook Post
The Sportsman's Inn | The Best Lake Resort in Ontario

Reservations \ Questions ; Call Terry Cooke 705-471-4654 or 705-752-5533 or tntcooke.terry@gmail.com .Bookings will need to be done ASAP

Attached Files
File Type: docx
TWO-er duh.docx (366.1 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by GWN05; 02-23-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts
Default Re: "TWO-er duh Nord" June 23-25

Not planning to attend this event, but couldn't help noticing that your location is North Bay, Ontario. I did some shutdown planning work at the TEMBEC paper mill in Temiscaming, Quebec back in 2011. I stayed for 2-wks per visit & booked my room at The Hampton Inn in North Bay. Great city - I really enjoyed my time there. Spent nearly 3 month in the fall season.

Good luck with your event.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by GWN05
Organizing the first (annual ?) Northern Ontario Crossfire.

“TWO-er Duh Nord”

When ; June 23-25
Where ; Callander Ont
Tour ; Sat. A Northern Ontario driving tour starting on the shores of Lake Nipissing going along Hwy 654\522 through Commanda , Loring and Grundy Lake to Killarney Ont on the North Shore of Georgian Bay and then along the French River Hwy 64 to Sturgeon Falls back to North Bay. An Evening BBQ held at the Cooke’s on Trout Lake.
Sun. A drive along Hwy 63 to Temiscaming Que. for Sunday brunch at the Temrose followed by “twisted” drive along the Ottawa River to Mattawa Ont.
Sun. afternoon , All are invited back to Cooke’s (weather dependant) swim and relax till departure.
Accommodations; Terrace Suites in Callander Bay is offering a Queen Suite at a reduced group rate of $110.00 / night includes fridge,micro,kitchenette and fireplace. (queen room @ $100.) Call me to book room
Meals; Friday night – open but arrangements can be made for meal at hotel
Sat Morning – Timmies (we need an early start for a full day of driving\exploring)
Sat Lunch – Sportsman Lodge Killarney Ont shoreline restaurant
Sat Snack – Poutine in Sturgeon Falls
Sat Dinner – BBQ at the Cooke’s on Trout Lake (dinner will be a small contribution towards cost) & BYOB

Sun Brunch – Temrose Rest. Temiscaming Que.
Websites; terracesuites
https://www.facebook.com/TerraceSuitesCallander/
The Sportsman's Inn | The Best Lake Resort in Ontario

Reservations \ Questions ; Call Terry Cooke 705-471-4654 or 705-752-5533 or tntcooke.terry@gmail.com .Bookings will need to be done ASAP
BYOB, bring your own black flies? I thought there would be plenty already.
Sounds like a good trip.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Make sure you guys take lots of pictures. Beautiful cars driving around in beautiful country. I actually know some of the roads/highways planned for the trip!

Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Terry please add this under the Regional Forum - CANADA Canada - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource
I will also be posting the OCO calendar of events with this cruise included

Paul