Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Help - Convertible Top Won't Go Down

Old 03-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Convertible Top Won't Go Down

I was detailing my car this evening for the beautiful weekend here in Florida and had the top half down with the tonneau cover at 90 degrees and thought it was only there for about 5 minutes. The manual says it can stay for 10 minutes and then there will be a beep warning. There was no beep! Anyway, the tonneau cover slowly collapsed and the rear window portion of the top slowly collapsed (which is what is supposed to happen after 10 minutes) and I was able after pushing the top down/up button to get it to lock in at the rear and so I assumed everything was fine. NO! Now it won't go down! I read that you can re-pressurize the system hydraulics by "lowering the tonneau cover manually to its full open position" and pressing the convertible top switch twice. This is confusing to say the least. How do you LOWER a cover to its OPEN position? You would have to RAISE the cover to have it be open or you would LOWER it to be CLOSED. Since it is closed and locked, I have tried pressing the button but do you toggle it to the "open" side twice or to the "close" side or do you press straight down on it twice? I have tried all the above with no success. If you have to unlock the back window part of the top, How do you do this? I can access the underside through the trunk but do not know what to do and there is nothing in the manual. Hopefully, somebody out there can offer some help; the dealership is closed till Monday. xrtime

Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Default Re: Help - Convertible Top Won't Go Down

Sorry, my message may be unclear. The top is up and all locked in. I can't get it to go down. The red light on the switch is flashing which according to the manual means "control module fault" but I feel sure the hydraulic raising and lowering system just needs to be repressurized and I should be able to get the vehicle to do this, but don't know how to proceed. xrtime

Old 03-24-2006, 11:14 PM

Just a suggestion, put the wing up then down and then open the trunk and close it well. Just something to check.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:40 AM

Mine did the same. Push the painted tonneau towards the rear of the car to get it back to 90 degrees and push the switch. it will go down.

~ Jess

Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 AM

Alohaxfire: how do I get the cloth top to unlatch from the car at the REAR window area. This locks into the tonneau cover or right behind it? I can access this area from inside the trunk but don't know what to do. I have already tried all the other suggestions. Also, my stabilizer will no longer come up when I hit the manual switch lever. The motor makes a sound when I turn on the ignition before I touch the switch. This started after the top malfunctioned.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:17 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Will provide detailed fix later. My good friend figured out how to unlatch the rear of the convertible top from the tonneau cover (the issue I mentioned in the last post) and we followed the manual after that. THANKS to vsilvia for providing the TSB's that allowed us to figure it all out. Could someone tell me where to post this FIX so the next person who has this problem will find it from the Search window (since I am still figuring out how to navigate this forum)? And, thanks to all those who offered advice. (Now if I can just get the drywall nail out of the thread/sidewall edge of the rear tire, I can have a nice ride). xrtime

Old 03-26-2006, 12:39 PM

How about providing the rest of us with the TSB, for future use, if needed?

Old 03-26-2006, 02:56 PM

All TSB's are available on this forum. A search on "tsb's" will produce an article called All Data TSB's which has this particular TSB you asked about. It is called "Deck lid won't open" or something close to that. Also, you can go to the heading for Technical Data and TSB's on menu list and on the second or third page is an offer from vsilvia which will automatically send you "All 2004 and 2005 TSB's" (which is also the title of the post and you could probably get from the SEARCH). The vsilvia stuff is "zipped" so I just went to WINZIP and downloaded a 30 free trial for zipware and unzipped it. Hope this helps!! xrtime

Old 05-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xrtime
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Will provide detailed fix later. My good friend figured out how to unlatch the rear of the convertible top from the tonneau cover (the issue I mentioned in the last post) and we followed the manual after that. THANKS to vsilvia for providing the TSB's that allowed us to figure it all out. Could someone tell me where to post this FIX so the next person who has this problem will find it from the Search window (since I am still figuring out how to navigate this forum)? And, thanks to all those who offered advice. (Now if I can just get the drywall nail out of the thread/sidewall edge of the rear tire, I can have a nice ride). xrtime
I sure wish you'd followed up on the fix- I've got the same problem right now!!!