Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Cosmetic Issues with my Roadster

Old 06-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cosmetic Issues with my Roadster

I've had my car a week now and my elation, over-the-top giddiness is alive and well! However, I have noticed a few minor cosmetic blemishes that I'd like to ask you all about.

The Aero blue hood has some minor paint chips. What is the best way to keep those in check and/or eliminate them?

The passenger side mirror outer surface has a minor scuff or scratch mark...nothing that can be felt or a real gouge...just surface abrasion that is not very noticeable unless one is looking for it.

Passenger wheel rims have minor scratch on both front and rear. Appears that the previous owner met a curb he did not like. The rims are not bent and the tires are not damaged. It's cosmetic only. Best advice on smoothing the scratches out?

On that note, it appears in certain light, that the rims on that same side have lost some sort of gloss or finish...nothing that I can feel or really describe...just a variance in sheen...if you know what I mean...and only at certain angles. It's not a big deal, but I was thinking that maybe someone tried to spray some sort of cleaner on them...hard to describe and most people would not notice.

Now and then, the latch on the last phase of putting the top up doesn't close all the way. I have to push the button to re-engage the convertible top a few times...open the cover and then push the "down' button and then the latch will close. Is this common? I read on one thread that there might be an easy adjustment to the latch piece.

Thanks for any suggestions, advice, or common sense anyone has to share!
I'm NOT a mechanical car person...and my husband does what he can, but he's not too keen on messing around with this car.

GG

Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Cosmetic Issues with my Roadster

~ for stone chip protection i have a clear bra & lamp protection on my car.

xpel

~ as for a non abrasive polish... i would recommend... diamond luster. if i could choice only one product to use on my car that is easy to use & works great... this is it. it will even add a deep shine to your rims.

diamond luster

~ your rims can be refinished thru a local company... i'm sure your local dealer can point you in the right direction.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cosmetic Issues with my Roadster

Thanks, Andrew! Your check is on its way! Your advice is "priceless".
GG