Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

1st Oil Change & Service

Old 07-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 1st Oil Change & Service

I now know without a doubt that I don't have someone qualified to work on my car, regardless if he has that "Certified Crossfire Technician" patch.

Yesterday I picked up her up after her first service call at 8K miles (5 minutes before they closed) and the moment I turned the key, I had to just laugh... Why you may be asking? Because the little wrench that flashes in the odometer window to let you know service is due was still flashing! My guy did not reset my system again!

Oh happy happy joy joy... time to go to a different dealer for service... if anyone from the Tampa Bay area is reading this, can you recommend someone other then Fitzgeralds??

Or is there a way that I can reset this myself without taking her back to the dealer?

Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Default Re: 1st Oil Change & Service

The counter can also be reset by any individual after the indicated service has been performed.

To do so:
1. Turn the key to the ON/RUN position.
2. Within one second press the ****/button to the left of the display twice.
3. The present status for days remaining or distance traveled is displayed. Within ten seconds turn the key to OFF.
4. Press and hold the ****/button to the left of the display, while turning the key to ON/RUN again. The present
status for days remaining or distance traveled is displayed once more. Continue to hold the ****/button to the
left of the display.
After approximately ten seconds, a tone sounds and the display shows 6,000 miles (10,000 km) for approximately
ten seconds.
5. Release the ****/button to the left of the display.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: 1st Oil Change & Service

Most Techs, even the good ones forget to reset the FSS.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular

I know nobody is perfect but with my history with my car at this dealer, I just can't help but laugh and wonder what's next...

Old 07-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
I know nobody is perfect but with my history with my car at this dealer, I just can't help but laugh and wonder what's next...
If they are anything like my dealer a big DING in your drivers door is what's next.

P.S. Don't ever take your car in dirty it hides all the damage they do.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Forum Regular

Great... she's due to be worked on next week Tuesday by the DC tech they are flying down, so I'll take your advice and have her super clean... that would not make me happy...

By the way, anyone following my story will get a kick out of this - the Service Manager at my dealer contacted me on Saturday to inform me that he hired a new tech that is certified to work on my car and that he starts next month... and in talking to him, he openly admitted that they've never done more then oil and tire changes to Crossfires until I came along and that they really have not had anyone certified to work on my car...

So everything I suspected was true! They did not have the right person working on my car, which means it may not have been my car after all!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Forum Regular

Oh Sharon, that is sooo typical! I swear, I thought I was the only one with that kind of luck..If it wasn't for "bad" luck, I'd have NO luck at all, is my motto.

I'm happy that the tech person is on his way to rescue your car. "She" deserves to be treated the very nicely. Sounds like so far that's not been the case.