Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe

Old 07-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe

Originally Posted by FirebaseD
bollox: What are you doing Brother? Looks to me like you are trying to start a fire on the forum by baiting people...
I think you are attempting to split the forum, and that is not a good thing... I had no idea you would ever try anything like this... Therefore, instead of beating up on my fellow Crossfire owners I'll knock you around...

My advice to the forum: do not post to this thread, it is no more then an attempt to split our forum... This image says it all... hooah

Guess what: It's been really quiet on this here for a while ... Had a few too many beers last night ... felt the need to stir things up a bit. I do like the Coupe but wanted a reaction. Cheers Guys.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by bollox
Guess what: It's been really quiet on this here for a while ... Had a few too many beers last night ... felt the need to stir things up a bit. I do like the Coupe but wanted a reaction. Cheers Guys.
Are you a child? Do you kick pretty girls in the shins when you like them too?

What an incredibly worthless thread.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive = Love

Old 07-24-2006, 03:53 PM

I know everyone wants this thread to die (and I do too) but as a former owner of a coupe and a current owner of a roadster I can because of personal experience tell you all ...they are BOTH wonderful cars. They both have their good and bad points (although I can't think of too many bad points)...I am tall and do have more headroom in the roadster plus I must say I like the auto trans better then the six speed. Other then that BOTH are great!! enough said.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Talking Re: Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe

Hey Bollox! why, considering that you live in England, and get about 3 sunny days a year,would you want a roadster?

Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
gaythread.jpg (92.5 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by former NXMX5; 07-24-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
Rob, hope you didn't ruin that awesome poster when you took it off the wall to post here!...lol...Go Night Rider!

Old 07-24-2006, 07:26 PM

Golf Clubs fit just fine in the back. It has more cargo room than the Roadster. I love the Roadster but need just a tad more room and my last car was a convertible GT Mustang. Convertibles are a lot of extra hassle and I'd probably do it again, but not right now.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:02 AM

As I am going bald and don't care for the pain of a sunburnt scalp the Coupe is my choice.
Why would I want to carry golf clubs around? I don't play golf.
Have you ever come across a real wombat? They might look OK in a photograph but in real life they are nasty basta*ds so you keep clear and don't stir them up.

PS - I do like the Roadster but it is not for me.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Roadster is ugly compared to coupe.

I already have a Porsche cabrio.

Coupe interior holds my luggage, groceries, and almost anything else I put into my other cars.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Roadster is ugly compared to coupe.
Hey, hey, hey! Don't go bashing the Roadster! Play nice!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular

You must be a sheep!
If you want cargo space, buy a Dodge Magnum.
Or a pickup, or a trailer!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:10 PM

There's enough room for a dead body as well. I mean not someone tall but if you had to whack a midget.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midnightman
Personally speaking, 4 reasons why I bought a coupe.

First and most importantly, I prefer the looks of the coupe with its more exaggerated boat-tail. The roadster looks fine, but I like the coupe better.

Second, I'm also not much of a convertible guy. The Florida sun really beats down on you and you never know when the clouds will open up...

Third, ever since owning a convertible many years ago and having it slashed for easy access to the interior two times. I'm leery of convertibles for security reasons.

Fourth, reduced road noise.

By the way, I could be wrong, but I believe the coupe has considerably more trunk capacity than the roadster.

On a final note, I take exception to the manner in which this question was raised. Calling my car a Waste of Money Brains and Time is as insulting as it is ignorant. Beyond the obvious, the differences between the roadster and the coupe are nominal.
Addendum...

1. See above, true (wife's old ragtop took $3,000 in damage from a guy with a blade).
2. They are more expensive and the look isn't as "smooth".
3. BIGGEST part is body rigidity and cowl shake. The roadster doesn't appear to have much rigidity issues, but a coupe is strongly built, will never have cowl shake regardless of the road.
4. If you roll a coupe, you will not be in a wheelchair the rest of your life.
5. Road noise is more prevalent in a ragtop.

OK, so you get more sun... why burn the top of my head more than it already is? And ya, it looks a bit more sexy with the top down... But the coupe wins over the ragtop for looks with the top up...

Now if it had a convertible HARDTOP, that's a different question... Some of the new Volvos have those things... really sharp... Ditch the cloth and go hard... if they should ever make more Crossfires or start on Firepowers.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Forum Regular

By the way, I could be wrong, but I believe the coupe has considerably more trunk capacity than the roadster.
We will see which one has more capacity at next months GTG in Orlando and let everyone know. But hands down, when the top is down, you won't hear me argue that the trunk is small! There is just enough room for a small carry on and some few little things. But when that top is up, that trunk is pretty big, guys! It looks like it would hold golf clubs (creative stowing) but even if its doesn't, oh well. I don't play golf so no biggie to me!

And I'm 100% convertible girl and would never consider owning a coupe or anything that closes me in ever again. I feel claustrophobic.

I favor my convertible over a car that has a constant roof... which is why I own it!

Last edited by Sharonaln67; 07-27-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Forum Regular

Where are we going with this? Next we will be eating our young. This is like the two guys arguing that my dog poops more than yours. We each bought what we did and are happy. If your not get the other model. I've had many verts and many hardtops. I like em all!

Old 07-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Banned
Talking Re: Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe

The coupe looks good all year round the roadster looks good only with the top down!
And of course the coupe handles better ask any Porsche coupe owner.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Forum Regular

I agree that the coupe looks gorgeous as is but I disagree that the Roadster looks good only with its top down. As a matter of fact I think its one of the best looking Roadsters with its top up. Have you seen the tops up on a Solstice or Sky? What about a BMW 6 Series convertible? And someone's paying $80,000 for that top! Those have to be the ugliest convertible tops ever created by man. They do for convertibles what the Aztec did for SUV's. OK who did I **** off?

Old 07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular

I'm feelin the love here and must say, from my experience ... Coupes Rule!

It's a coupe thing.... you wouldn't understand.

PEACE!

Old 08-01-2006, 02:19 PM

Come on people, don't go hatin' on your brothers and sisters. When I bought my roadster I had absolutely no interest in the coupe. It takes some getting used to. Now that I'm used to it I love it too. If I could have two, I'd get an SSB or white coupe. But I wouldn't trade my roadster for it, no way!

There's absolutely nothing cheap about the roadster top. It's top-notch. I would have been keen on a retractable hardtop for sure, but they didn't make one. Probably that roofline can't be tucked away too easily. Also, I live in Texas where it's hot as hell and I drive to work every morning with the top down. It's usually 75 to 85 degrees in the morning in the summer. I do see some folks with their tops down when it's 100 degrees and I wonder if they've melted their brains. Some drop the top when it's 50. To each their own as they say.

I don't have any trouble with wind noise, but the top doesn't keep other noises (like roaring SUVs) from getting in.

One thing I would like is a "cool vanilla" top to reflect away that heat during the day.

Quick Reply: Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe