Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe

Old 08-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why would you buy a Xfr Coupe

Originally Posted by ssscott75074
Also, I live in Texas where it's hot as hell and I drive to work every morning with the top down. It's usually 75 to 85 degrees in the morning in the summer. I do see some folks with their tops down when it's 100 degrees and I wonder if they've melted their brains. Some drop the top when it's 50. To each their own as they say.

I don't have any trouble with wind noise, but the top doesn't keep other noises (like roaring SUVs) from getting in.
Well said...

I chose my convertible because of that very reason - its a convertible. That doesn't mean I don't like the coupe because I PREFER the convertible. I mean, why do people pick trucks? Because they like them... Which is the same reason we chose our Crossfires - we love the look, the design and the performance.

I personally love feeling the wind blow around me, the fun shining on my face and the feeling of just being one with nature - regardless if its 30 degrees outside or if its close to 100! I live in FL and cannot imagine not having this car. I don't care if people don't understand my decision... but thats ok because I am driving the car of my choice.

Remember, its all based on personal preference - and we all can thank DC for offering us this car as a coupe or convertible.

Sure there is a noise factor, the occasional nasty smelling truck in front of me or the loud Harley's next to me. But you know what? I don't care because I have my convertible and its one hot looking car.

And by the way, Roadsters rule! LOL

Old 08-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one thing that seems to be forgotten here is the fact that whether you own/prefer the coupe or the roadster, they are both Crossfires and are still the same basic car. Though there may be some minor feature and structural differences, it's still the same car. I like both, but the coupe was my preferred choice. A moon-roof would have been ideal.

To a slightly greater degree, this is like arguing which color is best. (which of course, we all know is aero blue).

Old 08-01-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by midnightman
The one thing that seems to be forgotten here is the fact that whether you own/prefer the coupe or the roadster, they are both Crossfires and are still the same basic car. Though there may be some minor feature and structural differences, it's still the same car. I like both, but the coupe was my preferred choice. A moon-roof would have been ideal.

To a slightly greater degree, this is like arguing which color is best. (which of course, we all know is aero blue).
You mean Alabaster, right?

Old 08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blade
You mean Alabaster, right?
He may have been confused, I'm sure he meant Alabaster.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fritzauf
He may have been confused, I'm sure he meant Alabaster.
No, I'm as lucid as ever. Aero Blue rules!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midnightman
You mean Classic Yellow Pearl, don't you? I know, brain fart... or age... LOL

Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Forum Regular

Here I am with all the folks I know that picked a Crossfire Coupe over the "Top Down"... if your not on the inside with the Coupe owners then your not living life... hooah

The image is of me, my friends, and the bar we hang at... hooah [Coupe #1 amongst real men and women]

Old 08-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

firebase, i see the gyms paying off. shredded. a lean mean fightin' machine.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess "usa parts unknown" should be replaced by "somewhere within traveling distance of 17th street and 10th avenue..."

Old 08-02-2006, 04:33 PM

Wow I am shocked...
I have had my crossfire for several months now and I am just as appreciative of the looks of the coupe as my roadster. Anyone can see the benefits of both types, but to read senior members justifying answering this comment by attacking other members just blows me away. If you can't appreciate the crossfire "all types" for what they are, than I think you keep you comments to yourself and find another forum to vent...

X FIRE N

Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by X FIRE N
Wow I am shocked...
I have had my crossfire for several months now and I am just as appreciative of the looks of the coupe as my roadster. Anyone can see the benefits of both types, but to read senior members justifying answering this comment by attacking other members just blows me away. If you can't appreciate the crossfire "all types" for what they are, than I think you keep you comments to yourself and find another forum to vent...

X FIRE N
So I guess that means you do not care for the image of me & my Coupe owner friends... How can you get upset with folks like us, just take a look at all us Coupe owners, we are so special...hooah?

Old 08-03-2006, 01:11 AM

You arrogant *******. What makes you think that the coupe has shoddy performance? I carry two sets of golf clubs in my coupe when I take my partner to play a round of golf. I load up the luggage that came with my coupe and stack it right in on top of my golf bag and away we go when my wife and I go out of town for a trip. You must be either brain dead or just a plain old a-hole.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by FirebaseD
So I guess that means you do not care for the image of me & my Coupe owner friends... How can you get upset with folks like us, just take a look at all us Coupe owners, we are so special...hooah?
You're special alright... as for the rest "Coupes Rock".
There how's that did I make you feel all warm and fuzzy. But seriously I just don't see the point in attacking other owner to justify your ownership to 1 person.

X FIRE N

Old 08-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why not put it this way?

Roadsters reign when they shine,

While coupes shine in the rain.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Why not put it this way?

Roadsters reign when they shine,

While coupes shine in the rain.
Very nice...

Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by X FIRE N
You're special alright... as for the rest "Coupes Rock".
There how's that did I make you feel all warm and fuzzy. But seriously I just don't see the point in attacking other owner to justify your ownership to 1 person.

X FIRE N
"you feel all warm and fuzzy"... I'll need to think about that question... no one has ever ask me if "I feel all warm and fuzzy"... gotta say that’s one hell of a question "you feel all warm and fuzzy"... You see the problem I'm having with it, in my world of green painted faces, loaded weapons, sharp knives, stay alert stay alive, stay physically fit or die trying, never back off, never stand down, shake your hand or not shake your hand, but do call you Brother or Sister, never disrespect anyone without a good reason, and never forget anyone that disrespects me for no reason, you may be rich and I may be poor or I may be rich and you may be poor but I still consider we are both brothers...
What I'm trying to say here is no one has ever ask me "you feel all warm and fuzzy"... no wait a second, there was once a time in Viet Nam another Marine, after cutting an ear off a VC that we killed during an ambush, did come close... the Marine looked at me and said "how's that make you feel inside?" You know I may have been feeling
all warm and fuzzy... hooah!

For the record I tried to cut this thread off, read back in the postings, an it worked for about a day, but it has grown a life of it's own, therefore I see no harm because it's all posted in fun...

Last edited by FirebaseD; 08-04-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by FirebaseD
"you feel all warm and fuzzy"... I'll need to think about that question... no one has ever ask me if "I feel all warm and fuzzy"... gotta say that’s one hell of a question "you feel all warm and fuzzy"... You see the problem I'm having with it, in my world of green painted faces, loaded weapons, sharp knives, stay alert stay alive, stay physically fit or die trying, never back off, never stand down, shake your hand or not shake your hand, but do call you Brother or Sister, never disrespect anyone without a good reason, and never forget anyone that disrespects me for no reason, you may be rich and I may be poor or I may be rich and you may be poor but I still consider we are both brothers... what I'm trying to say here is no one has ever ask me "you feel all warm and fuzzy"... no way a second, there was once in Nam another Marine, after cutting an ear off a VC that we killed during an ambush, did come close... the Marine looked at me and said "how's that make you feel inside?" You know I could had been feeling all warm and fuzzy... hooah!

For the record I tried to cut this thread off, read back in the postings, an it worked for about a day, but it has grown a life of it's own, therefore I see no harm because it's all posted in fun...