Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Windscreen

Old 03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Windscreen

I received my wind screen from crossfirefrank early this week, but just opened the box. Thanks Frank, It's a beautiful screen. Frank added a micro switch for me so that I can turn it off manually if I want to. I will post some pics as soon as I install it.

Thanks for the easy to follow instructions and the pre-wiring for the switch. It will make the installation for me much easier.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot wait until you post your pics. I'm definitely going to consider add this to my roadster, but would love to see yours in all it's glory. We had 5 inches of snow this week, so my "baby" has been tucked into the garage. It's in the 50's today, so she'll see the light of day.

Hurry "already' and get this "puppy" installed, FP! GG.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

GG, I just need for the weather to get a little better. I just finished removing the snow from my drive way from yesterday's snow fall. I don't have a heated garage, otherwise I would be installing it right now. I tell you, all the work I want to do to my XF is piling up. I'll have a busy spring.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone needs wiring instructions on this windscreen P.M. me and I'll send you a copy.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture of our wind screen. Had senior moments getting picture in PM as you may notice. I have lighting but need to add switch, looks great, also no one told me looking in rear view mirror shows Crossfire correct from drivers seat, neat.

John

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CROSSFIRE 013 (Medium).jpg (67.3 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by JAmacher; 03-03-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

"LOOKS GREAT"! It is a trip driving at night because what you see in the mirror is what people see from behind you. You will get lots of attention.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular

Does the etching not interfere with the already limited visibility through the rear view mirror?

It does look great...

Old 03-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Forum Regular

During the day, if the sun is right and the top it up, it interferes a little. I haven't driven at night with the lights on as we just got the switch put in today, so I don't know if it will bother me or not yet. I'll let you know. It doesn't bother me most of the time, but when leaving the garage or the parking garage, I am being careful backing up if backing into the sun. I really like it and like almost anything, it's all in getting used to it.

Shawn

Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Does the etching not interfere with the already limited visibility through the rear view mirror?

I just rec'd two of the windscreens w/ the LASER engravings. It took all of two minutes to put them in the cars. Undue two screws. That was it. I hooked the 9 volt battery up last night and went to my daughter HS ring ceremony with the top down. I got lots of "MAN Is THAT COOL".

I am having them hooked up today into the lights and having them put an off/on switch on so I can turn them off if I want.They provided the button.

They look awesome. Mine has the CROSSFIRE LOGO AND ROADSTER underneath and the car outline above. The second one has an engraved complte flying/landing eagle. The detail is unreal.Underneath it is engraved AMA FIRE, the as the licence plate;

There is some getting use to the logos/engraving. You get a lot of reflections and ghosts. It is imperative that you religiously use your side mirrors to rule out the incidental light reflections.

I'll post some photos this week if I can figure out how too. Will probably have to employ the daughter to assist me.

I got them from King Penn Industries. I spoke with Stephen... Steve... He was very helpful. Call him @ 972-243-9463 or windrestrictor@yahoo.com.

I'll be taking one of them to Orland March 17. They work great!

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 03-09-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Forum Regular
Default Windscreen - opinions please?

I got the windscreen from Stacy today (thanks Stacy!) and I'm going to install it this week-end, but I wanted to get your thoughts about getting emblems from Andrew and doing what's shown below behind each seat.

What do you guys think?

Old 03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Windscreen - opinions please?

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
What do you guys think?

No, please don't.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No offence to Andrews great looking emblems, but I think the whole idea of a windscreen like that is "invisibility".
But it's your car Sharon so do what ever your heart desires.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Arrow Re: Windscreen

Greetings All!

We've recently received some PMs and lot's of inquiry postings on our new site. This may help save some time for prospective Windrestrictor clients that have questions.

We at Windrestrictor specialize in high quality abrasive resistant acrylic windscreens that not only significantly reduce wind turbulence in the cabin, but also offers an excellent way to personalize your high end crossfire roadster. Excellent for advertising purposes also. We take pleasure in providing you with personalized graphics (anything at all) which are laser etched into the windblocker. Our patent pending lighting system produces an illumination if desired in your graphics and also around the trim of the windscreen. We offer options such as the brake lamp module that will allow your product to illuminate brighter when you apply pressure to your brakes. This is an awesome feature that gives the product more of a "factory upgrade" appearance. We also have dimmer switches and simple on and off switches. Check out our galleries on new site for more details!!!

Delivery time is different for different orders. If we have the product in stock we'll ship within 2 days. The more advanced the graphics the more quality time we will have to spend on the product. Most people take delivery within 2 weeks. Feel free to call and get an estimated wait time or quote.

THIS WEEKEND MARCH 10th-11th RECEIVE 10% OFF ANY CROSSFIRE ORDER!!!

Order at www.dynamicautoconcepts.com
or call us at 972-243-9463

God Bless you all and have a wonderful night!

Stephen Pennington

Attached Images
DSCN2555.jpg (671.4 KB, 28 views)
Zdragon_green01.jpg (324.5 KB, 15 views)
6.jpg (29.8 KB, 39 views)
DSC01578.JPG (94.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by andrew; 03-09-2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: PHOTOS
Old 03-10-2007, 12:07 AM

Okay !!! Is that a photograph etched in acrylic?

Old 03-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope it works for you...like the emblems, Sharon. Looks cool!

Old 03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Lightbulb Re: Windscreen

All of our images are laser etched in acrylic. We do also have a good selection of basic etchings. Such as text or emblems. Good luck all on drop top season!!!

God Bless...

Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 PM

My baby blue !!

Attached Images
bl crsfr rds windscreen.jpg (500.6 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by KingPennSky

All of our images are laser etched in acrylic. We do also have a good selection of basic etchings. Such as text or emblems. Good luck all on drop top season!!!

God Bless...
I'm interested in one of your clear, un-etched, and un-lighted wind restrictors. I see that there are 2 versions - what is the difference (perhaps I missed the explanation somewhere)? Can you post a pic of each?

Thanks.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 PM

What is the difference between clear version one and clear version two? It says pick a size!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
What is the difference between clear version one and clear version two? It says pick a size!
Is this directed at me?
I see online that it says Clear version 1 and clear version 2, but I don't know what the difference in sizes are.

Maybe your question/comment is meant for the seller - not sure.

Quick Reply: Windscreen