Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

Originally Posted by andrew
~ no offense... but it sounds like you paid to keep it nice for the next guy...
One could say the same about you Andrew... Mr. Cleany Pants.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Fire
One could say the same about you Andrew... Mr. Cleany Pants.
Andrew's car is going to have very close to the maximum mileage allowed on his lease when he turns it in, so the way I see it, he got his use out of it.
The fact that he's fanatical about keeping it clean, just says that he's a meticulous person, and that makes him happy. But like 04Fire suggested, somebody is going wind up getting a car with mileage in the mid 30's that's like brand new.
I for one, sure hope he considers keeping it. Or better yet, find an SRT6 to replace it.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:24 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpapapuff
I'm so bummed today... I'm working nights this week. I got up a little late this afternoon but not too late, took my shower, fixed lunch, headed out to the shop to jump in the Crossfire to head to work and BAM! It was gone! My wife had taken it... She was nice enough to take my security pass out and put it in the diesel pickup for me, but dang, what a bummer! I was really looking for a fun drive in to work and then all of a sudden I have to drive the monster truck in... Oh well, maybe tomorrow... LOL.
Seems like bigmama took your car. I guess you're not such a BIGPAPA after-all.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

FP... You are right on the money. I have to admit it. LOL Bigmama hardly ever drives the Crossfire, but today just had to be the day... Usually if she don't drive her 300C, she takes the pickup, not the Crossfire! Heck she could have taken the Harley if she wanted a real good time!! LOL, Maybe tomorrow I will lock the shop door closed so she can't get the little car out of the shop... I'm laughing now, but I was grumbling a little earlier...

Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Drove it home from the dealership in May of 2005 and it's been on a May-early November schedule ever since (see Michigan winters above). So far 20,984 mostly highway miles. It doesn't go to the airport, gets parked 200' feet from everybody in any parking lot (although the ratty-est car in the lot ends up next to it by the time I return), and I only park it where I can keep an eye on it from restaurants. It sits under a cover in the garage with the top down, waiting to go for a ride on a sunny day. My kids are regularly threatened to stay away from it.

No door dings. Got bumped from behind in Detroit last summer, and collected $500 cash from the perp. Had it repaired as new. Looks perfect.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Forum Regular

So if gas keeps going up and the cost of diesel stays at under $3 a gallon like it is now, then the diesel pickup will be the daily driver again. Gas is now about $3.70 since my last post. When gas gets to $4.10 a gallon, then things will change for me. I love driving the XF but sometime economics has to come into play with the gas companies. I will still drive the XF but not as much as I am now. I looked at the odometer of the XF this afternoon and it had 8,400 miles on the clock. Darn thing is just about wore out... LOL.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 AM

$7.31 a gallon in the UK! Drive it when ever i can.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Forum Regular
Unhappy Re: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?

Originally Posted by stevep113
$7.31 a gallon in the UK! Drive it when ever i can.

CRIPES!!

Old 05-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Mine is an everyday driver...top down as much as possible...if I am not in it, then I am on my CBR blasting thru the mountains out here in the Bay Area
(San Jose, CA).

Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Forum Regular

Well it sees the road about once a week. I have the Jag for family things, the wife has her car and I have a company vehicle, so unfortunately it doesn't get much time, but when it does, its like makeup sex...the best! Big Papa you are the PUFF! At least I would make the wife ask...LOL.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

Seayyard, we gotta hookup for coffee some time!! That is if "the queen" will let me... LOL.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:30 PM

Got mine in July, 2006 with 800 miles on it. At present I have less than 1,800; which makes me a weekend warrior; I guess!

She's never seen the rain, and with the exception of a paint flaw from the factory (which I accept as a beauty mark) she is in pristine condition.

I have detailed this car (engine to body) more than any car I have ever owned. I have purchased polishers, pastes, silicone treatments, cleaners, gadgets, waxes, and clothes for almost any thing conceivable to man to detail a car.

My wife thinks that I'm going through a midlife crisis! If so, I'm here to stay!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:05 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by XFireHammer
Got mine in July, 2006
I have detailed this car (engine to body) more than any car I have ever owned. I have purchased polishers, pastes, silicone treatments, cleaners, gadgets, waxes, and clothes for almost any thing conceivable to man to detail a car.

My wife thinks that I'm going through a midlife crisis! If so, I'm here to stay!
Ditto on every thing, except mine is a daily driver April - November.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Got mine in July, 2006 with 800 miles on it. At present I have less than 1,800; which makes me a weekend warrior; I guess!

She's never seen the rain, and with the exception of a paint flaw from the factory (which I accept as a beauty mark) she is in pristine condition.

My wife wants to know if you have a duster. She was LOL and thought I had written the post. Oh yea, you forgot to mention the quality time that you are spending with your Crossfire.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
My wife wants to know if you have a duster. She was LOL and thought I had written the post. Oh yea, you forgot to mention the quality time that you are spending with your Crossfire.
Duster... Of course but rarely used, due to the car cover (another gadget)!

Due to the fact that you have twins; any time that I may spend with my little beauty cannot compare to yours!

Double your pleasure, Double your fun!

Your wife must be a very loving and understanding women; I congratulate you, and send solitudes to your wife!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigpapapuff
Seayyard, we gotta hookup for coffee some time!! That is if "the queen" will let me... LOL.
Believe it or not Wednesday is my best day. You?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Duster... Of course but rarely used, due to the car cover (another gadget)!

Due to the fact that you have twins; any time that I may spend with my little beauty cannot compare to yours!

Double your pleasure, Double your fun!

Your wife must be a very loving and understanding women; I congratulate you, and send solitudes to your wife!
She is the best. I don't know how understanding she is, but she goes with flow. I guess I should volunteer more honey do days.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 AM

I drive it almost daily. Sometimes I'll drive the truck if I know I have to get or transport something that won't fit into the Crossfire. 5,000 miles in about 2 months. The fun in having the car is in driving it. And I drive it hard all of the time. As soon as we hit 70k miles I'll dump it and get something else. I don't see the point in babying the car.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:25 PM

I've put 400 miles on mine in the 6 days I've had it. A lot of that is just joy riding around the beautiful NC country side. Mine's a daily driver, but I work from home about half the time, so it won't get ridiculous mileage on it. Unless I keep getting these urges just to go drive for the heck of it. Which I probably will.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Forum Regular

i've had mine a year and a few months and put 14k miles on it.

Quick Reply: How often do you drive your Crossfire ?