Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Top problem

Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top problem

Hi Everyone,

My Crossfire has only done 3,500 miles and I am having a problem with the top. On 2 occasions in the last 2 weeks I have been unable to get the top to rise after it has retracted. I have taken the car to the Dealer and on the first occasion they contacted the Technical Dept at Daimler Germany as they didn’t know what was wrong. The Dealers diagnostic and programming equipment suggested 8 different tests. The 7th said to “resynchronize” (no idea what they resynchronized), this they did and the top worked fine. Unfortunately the top only worked OK for 4 days and then did the same again. So back I went to the Dealer and they checked it while I waited, managed to get the top up and told me that their diagnostic and programming equipment showed several different areas to test compared to last time and they were going to get in touch with Daimler Germany again to find out what they should try next. The car is booked in at the Dealers on June 4th

A couple of things I should mention:

1. I do not get any sort of beeping to tell me the partition lid is not in place, could this be connected to my problem?

2. When the top refuses to come back up I can hear a whirring noise which appears to be coming from the hydraulic pump. The noise continues even when the ignition is turned off and the key is removed, but the Dealer says that the pump is OK and it could be a wiring problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martyn

Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Top problem

Could be an air bubble in the hydraulic fluid (this happened alot with my Sebring convertible), also make sure the partition is in place. I actually put a piece of velcro on each side of mine to make sure it stays in place.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Top problem

Thanks for that tip, it's something else that will be checked out.