Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

One Test Drive and I was sold !

Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Test Drive and I was sold !

My wife and I were in the market for a new car, she wanted a two seater, I didn't care. So she did her research and decided on the Infiniti G35 coupe or the Nissan 350z. We went to dealerships and private owners and looked and looked but she couldn't find anything that jumped out and grabbed her.

We drove by a Chrysler dealer and decided to check out some fairly new G's and Z's they had on their used lot. "Ragged out" is the term I used when I looked at them and they still wanted mid-upper 20's. The salesman mentioned they had several 2006 X-fire's that were still brand new and I was like yeah, sure let me just empty my life savings and buy a car. (We're not the riches folks on the block but granted we're not standing in the soup line either) The salesman is like "No, wait we're running a steal on them". OK, show me one.

We walk over and immediately the Mrs. is struck by the appearance of the Alabaster Limited Conv. sitting there. "Take it for a spin" ... didn't have to tell me twice. I sat down, fired her up, and off we went. Drove through a little bit of big city traffic for a about a mile (stop and go) then we hit the freeway and off we went. I was amazed at the gumption the 215 hp V6 had and I believe that's when the smile appeared on my face. I hit a small curvy road to check the stability and the smile go bigger. Got back to the dealership and the smile quickly turned back to reality. I've been a subscriber to Motor Trend and Automobile mags. for several years and I remember back when the X-Fire originally came out and knew the price tags that came with them so I was gearing up for heartbreak when he told us the price.

$27,000

The smile came back.

We've had it for a couple of weeks now, the smile is still on my face. I even find myself going to the window at home and looking out at it.

I love that car.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: One Test Drive and I was sold !

Welcome to our forum and enjoy your new XFire. You will not regret getting it.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. I did about the same over a year ago and still feel the same.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 478 Likes on 333 Posts

I loved your original post. I know the feeling too. I bought a used '04 Coupe with 17,000 miles / one previous owner and paid
$18,900 This car is virtually like new and was well taken care of. I spoke with the previous owner and he said he now has 4 kids and no time for a fun 2 seater. He traded it in for a big SUV to tote the family around. Welcome to the forum where you will find yourself spending hours when you are letting your Crossfire rest in the garage. Look at some of the earliest posts in here and see the people on a waiting list for the first Crossfires to enter the US. They were paying nearly $40,000 to get there hands on one.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know exactly how you feel. I've had mine for one week and one day and am thrilled that I decided to buy it.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Wow - you got a great price too! I've had my new '05 SRT-6 Coupe not even a week and I paid $25,900 for it. Welcome and enjoy!

Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM

I agree with all the previous threads. Great car, great looks and the road holding is superb. For me the only down side of owning this work of art is that I always want it to look pristine inside and out. An example, yesterday we (ken & wife) went for a drive in the "Black Beauty" arrived at destination, planned to have lunch, but the parking was not ideal, much to close to other cars and I assumed their drivers were all door bangers and careless parkers..We found another lunch stop and the parking was fine. On the journey home it rained. I don't put the B/B away wet and dirty...So I spent half hour in the rain washing the car and another half in the garage drying it off... Yes its a fantastic car, but its tends to take over your life if you are not careful...But I don't want you guys to get the impression that I'm fussy!!

UK Ken.
Black Coupe '06 Auto

Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

What can I say that the others haven't. Congrats, with every day that goes by, you will like it even better. I got mine one year ago today, and still open the door of the garage to get a look at it.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 PM

I've been driving mine since 7/03 and have loved it. I'm trying to get one for my company vehicle.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 PM
RPM
Thumbs up Re: One Test Drive and I was sold !

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, enjoy and good luck with the new ride.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Forum Regular

Congrats, picked up my "new" used 05 Ltd. roadster 2 weeks ago. Car was like new, paid $23,500, with a 7 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I think it was an ok deal, but it doesn't really matter - this car is a blast. This is my 7th convertible and so far it's right up there with my '97 Audi cabriolet. My only issue is the price of the tires, Conti's had cracked sidewalls. My 1st car a '70 GTO 400 ram air convertible didn't cost as much as the tires for this did.

Car is a ton of fun though, would do it again - in a New York minute!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Talking Re: One Test Drive and I was sold !

I'm happy to have found the forum!
I did the same thing, except I had no intention of buying a car. I was on vacation, looking to kill some time. I love the Chrysler 300 & thought I'd go check out what they had. I spotted the little yellow roadster & the salesman asked if I'd like to take it for a ride, heck yeah! Timekilling just bought me a new car. I didn't trade in my car...I wanted to give it to my daughter who needed a new car, so I drove my new baby from FL to AZ. What a road trip!!! I've now had it 2 years and love it!

Old 08-01-2007, 10:46 PM

This past weekend marked my three month anniversary of owning my '04 ltd coupe. I love it. Everybody who looks at it thinks it is a brand new car, it had 19k on it when I bought it. I have now had 6 unsolicited comments from people driving past or in parking lots about how cool the car looks.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfire Kelly
I'm happy to have found the forum!
I did the same thing, except I had no intention of buying a car. I was on vacation, looking to kill some time. I love the Chrysler 300 & thought I'd go check out what they had. I spotted the little yellow roadster & the salesman asked if I'd like to take it for a ride, heck yeah! Timekilling just bought me a new car. I didn't trade in my car...I wanted to give it to my daughter who needed a new car, so I drove my new baby from FL to AZ. What a road trip!!! I've now had it 2 years and love it!
I guess that means you did NOT give it to your daughter! What kind of a parent are you. Indian giver. LOL.